Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Hughton haters who do you want to replace?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

I think people need to temper their expectations. I think a vast majority got very carried away with our success in recent times and thought it would never end.

I seriously believe that some folks were expecting European football this season lol.

[/quote]

You can blame City 1st for that :-)

Seriously though, I doubt anyone was really expecting that given the upheaval we faced in the summer. I don''t think it''s so much the losing of games that bothers people, that''s to be expected at this level, but what really grinds peoples gears is the manner of some of the defeats. Going to our fellow strugglers like Wigan and Stoke at this crucial stage of the season and not having a single shot on target in either simply isn''t good enough, especially when people have paid very good money to go and watch. I don''t think it''s an unrealistic expectation to want to see us have a go. If we''d have lost 1-0 at Stoke and their keeper had played a blinder and made some world class saves then I don''t think you''d have seen anywhere near the level of hysteria that''s been seen on here this week.

[/quote]

And what if we''d lost 4-0 or 5-0? Why does a more positive approach always entail us conceding the same but scoring more? What about if we''d lost 1-0 to Newcastle and Fulham? This positive approach that we all would like comes with no guarantees of more points. And comparisons with last season are really irrelevant. Lambert didn''t fancy it did he?

[/quote]

Do you actually read my posts? Or do you just see what you want to see?

Firstly I didn''t say it would entail us conceding the same but scoring more did I? No, I said if we''d still lost 1-0 at Stoke but Begovic had gone away with the MOM Champagne then people would have accepted it. No one is expecting us to win every game, but not having an effort on target in such a crucial game simply isn''t good enough, I very much doubt you''ll convince we otherwise.

Secondly, I didn''t make any comparison with last season, or mention Lambert.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

I think people need to temper their expectations. I think a vast majority got very carried away with our success in recent times and thought it would never end.

I seriously believe that some folks were expecting European football this season lol.

[/quote]

Seriously though, I doubt anyone was really expecting that given the upheaval we faced in the summer. I don''t think it''s so much the losing of games that bothers people, that''s to be expected at this level, but what really grinds peoples gears is the manner of some of the defeats. Going to our fellow strugglers like Wigan and Stoke at this crucial stage of the season and not having a single shot on target in either simply isn''t good enough, especially when people have paid very good money to go and watch. I don''t think it''s an unrealistic expectation to want to see us have a go. If we''d have lost 1-0 at Stoke and their keeper had played a blinder and made some world class saves then I don''t think you''d have seen anywhere near the level of hysteria that''s been seen on here this week.

[/quote]

And what if we''d lost 4-0 or 5-0? Why does a more positive approach always entail us conceding the same but scoring more? What about if we''d lost 1-0 to Newcastle and Fulham? This positive approach that we all would like comes with no guarantees of more points. And comparisons with last season are really irrelevant. Lambert didn''t fancy it did he?

[/quote]

Firstly I didn''t say it would entail us conceding the same but scoring more did I? No, I said if we''d still lost 1-0 at Stoke but Begovic had gone away with the MOM Champagne then people would have accepted it. No one is expecting us to win every game, but not having an effort on target in such a crucial game simply isn''t good enough, I very much doubt you''ll convince we otherwise.

[/quote]

It''s all about you you you isn''t it Brownie. My point was that a more positive approach doesn''t guarantee the same or a more positive result. I then expanded on that point. If you have a problem with me then fine. Get in line behind the others. In the meantime lets talk football.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s all about you you you isn''t it Brownie. My point was that a more positive approach doesn''t guarantee the same or a more positive result. I then expanded on that point. If you have a problem with me then fine. Get in line behind the others. In the meantime lets talk football.

[/quote]

Well forgive me for thinking it''s all about me when you''ve quoted my post! If you''re just making a general point it might be a good idea in future not to quote someone and then ask them questions eh Nutty? That way they won''t make the mistake of thinking your post is about them. 

I understand your point, my counterpoint was that if you don''t have a shot on target then you don''t win a football match. We need to find a balance between the two.

Yeah, I do have a bit of a problem with you. Over the past few days you''ve continually twisted my words on numerous threads, and then when I challenge you on it you either ignore it, or backtrack and say you didn''t.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well forgive me for thinking it''s all about me when you''ve quoted my post! If you''re just making a general point it might be a good idea in future not to quote someone and then ask them questions eh Nutty? That way they won''t make the mistake of thinking your post is about them. 

I understand your point, my counterpoint was that if you don''t have a shot on target then you don''t win a football match. We need to find a balance between the two.

Yeah, I do have a bit of a problem with you. Over the past few days you''ve continually twisted my words on numerous threads, and then when I challenge you on it you either ignore it, or backtrack and say you didn''t.

[/quote]

Well there''s too many people in line before you for me to worry Brownie. I don''t know where I''ve twisted your words. Next time just highlight it for me. There''s a lovely range of colours available alongside the extra features like bold, italic or underline.

Your points, like mine are both relavent and possible scenarios. It''s good to recognise alternatives don''t you think?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well there''s too many people in line before you for me to worry Brownie. I don''t know where I''ve twisted your words. Next time just highlight it for me. There''s a lovely range of colours available alongside the extra features like bold, italic or underline.

Your points, like mine are both relavent and possible scenarios. It''s good to recognise alternatives don''t you think?

[/quote]

If your memory is so selective that you can''t recall then I''ll be sure to use those pretty colours for you next time so it jogs your memory. Do you have a favourite colour Nutty?

You could have a look back through this thread if you can be bothered, I can''t, there''s probably an example in there somewhere.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If your memory is so selective that you can''t recall then I''ll be sure to use those pretty colours for you next time so it jogs your memory. Do you have a favourite colour Nutty?

You could have a look back through this thread if you can be bothered, I can''t, there''s probably an example in there somewhere.

[/quote]

Good man! There''s a clue about my favourite colours too.

As I think Mr B is stating, the concern is that we have not consolidated but, generally, done worse with a better squad. Where that leaves us at the end of this season is still uncertain and how we suddenly turn that into some expansive, positive, and more competitive, approach is still a mystery to many.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]As I think Mr B is stating, the concern is that we have not consolidated but, generally, done worse with a better squad. Where that leaves us at the end of this season is still uncertain and how we suddenly turn that into some expansive, positive, and more competitive, approach is still a mystery to many.[/quote]

These are imponderables though. We don''t know how well last season''s team would have done. Or how well this season''s team would have done last season. Great assumptions are made through comparisons but they are giant leaps in the dark. Each season is different. Look at Pardew and Newcastle. What we do know is that Lambert didn''t fancy it here.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]As I think Mr B is stating, the concern is that we have not consolidated but, generally, done worse with a better squad. Where that leaves us at the end of this season is still uncertain and how we suddenly turn that into some expansive, positive, and more competitive, approach is still a mystery to many.[/quote]

These are imponderables though. We don''t know how well last season''s team would have done. Or how well this season''s team would have done last season. Great assumptions are made through comparisons but they are giant leaps in the dark. Each season is different. Look at Pardew and Newcastle. What we do know is that Lambert didn''t fancy it here.

[/quote]

I''ll agree with you there, we don''t know if a more positive approach against the likes of West Ham, QPR, Wigan, Stoke, Newcastle, Southampton or Fulham would have earned us the additional couple of points needed to be safe, I would guess that it would, I understand however that others may not agree. Fair enough, we''ll never know unfortunately.

What we do know is that the current approach has seen us win just twice in 18 games, with us failing to register a single attempt on target in 2 of the last 5 games. Here''s hoping that we have a more positive approach Saturday, with Turner and possibly Bassong out injured I think we''ll need to score to get something from the game, with Villa''s frail defence we certainly have the opportunity to get some joy if we approach it correctly.

Do we? I think that might be one of those great assumptions you mentioned, unless you know something the rest of us don''t...

[/quote]

I''ll agree with you there, we don''t know if a more positive approach against the likes of West Ham, QPR, Wigan, Stoke, Newcastle, Southampton or Fulham would have earned us the additional couple of points needed to be safe, I would guess that it would, I understand however that others may not agree. Fair enough, we''ll never know unfortunately.

What we do know is that the current approach has seen us win just twice in 18 games, with us failing to register a single attempt on target in 2 of the last 5 games. Here''s hoping that we have a more positive approach Saturday, with Turner and possibly Bassong out injured I think we''ll need to score to get something from the game, with Villa''s frail defence we certainly have the opportunity to get some joy if we approach it correctly.

Do we? I think that might be one of those great assumptions you mentioned, unless you know something the rest of us don''t...

[/quote]

No that''s quite right Brownie. We don''t know that he didn''t. It could be that he did.

Is that one of those twisting incidents that upset you or are you just practicing for the real thing?

No that''s quite right Brownie. We don''t know that he didn''t. It could be that he did.

Is that one of those twisting incidents that upset you or are you just practicing for the real thing?

[/quote]

Just practising Nutty.

"You two should get a room."

They could get it next to you and LDC

[quote user="dpit"]"You two should get a room."

They could get it next to you and LDC[/quote]Maybe we already got a room.Maybe I was just saying it tongue in cheek, as I know Eddie.Maybe you, and a whole load of other folks here, should lighten up.[:)]

[/quote]

Just practising Nutty.

[/quote]

Half tidy effort then. Well done[Y]

Rooms are cheap in the Nelson after the WBA game....

Blimey Morty, you''re asking ME to lighten up! You''re rather a confrontational young man aren''t you?

[quote user="dpit"]Blimey Morty, you''re asking ME to lighten up! You''re rather a confrontational young man aren''t you?[/quote]Not in the slightest actually.

Will this do?

http://en.wallpapers-3d.ru/girl-wallpaper-nipple-closeup-dro/

[quote user="dpit"]Will this do?

http://en.wallpapers-3d.ru/girl-wallpaper-nipple-closeup-dro/[/quote]Cheers[Y]

Rene Girard wants a move to England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22381080

Can''t argue with his track record working and developing players. Also taking an unfashionable club winning a major European league on a small budget. Out of contract in the Summer... [:|]