Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Hughton haters who do you want to replace?

And be realistic Lamberts not coming back and we are not going to get a world class manager

Get comfy on the sofa,pour a drink and get out the popcorn.This should really be interesting so will be back for a look and a laugh in an hour or so. [:P][;)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We would be the dumbest team in history if we showed him the door before next season starts.  Assuming we stay up.[/quote]

And after what he did with Newcastle in champ it would be dumb to sack even if we went down

Hughtons target from the board was 17th if we meet that he has done as asked

Some young and up and coming manager like Mccarthy, Holloway or O''Neil. We''ll show true ambition then.

I always said that if Lambert left we needed to get in Avram Grant. My stance has not changed.

Gus Poyet,For the record I''m not a Hughton hater, but i do have concerns about his and his coaching staff''s ability to cut it in the Premiership in terms of establishing us as a team that doesn''t fight relegation every season

We''re a Premier League team. Our managerial position is one of 20 in arguably the greatest football league in the world and certainly the most watched across the globe. We are debt free, have a growing, loyal fanbase (home or away) and are in a position to launch as far forward as someone is willing to take us. So I''m sure there many ''world class'' managers that would be interested in taking this position... not as ''little'' as you think we are now!

Though someone has beaten me to say Gustavo Poyet. Brighton play attractive football and are well on their way to going up further (on a limited budget). He is another option if you''re looking in the leagues below.

Jose Mourinho obviously.

He''s the only manager who will get anywhere near the level of football some Norwich fans expect.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Sarcasm gets lost in translation on the internet Stig, so I''m hoping that was a joke.[/quote]
[:D] I think the only time Avram get''s mentioned is as a punchline these days

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jose Mourinho obviously.

He''s the only manager who will get anywhere near the level of football some Norwich fans expect.[/quote]

Bloody foreigners coming over here stealing our manager job!

Should give it to a Norfolk buh!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jose Mourinho obviously.

He''s the only manager who will get anywhere near the level of football some Norwich fans expect.[/quote]
I don''t know. If Norwich fans are driven to despair by Hughtons ''negativity'', they''ll be suicidal by the time Mourinho has implemented his Chelsea tactics. [:D]
Anyway...
We don''t sack Hughton before the end of the season. Simple as that. If we get relegated (unlikely, but possible) or we''re still struggling to perform at anywhere near a good enough level, that''s when we discuss his future at the club.
As for suggestions... no one really springs to mind. Alot of people want Poyet (understandably) but whether he''s willing to leave Brighton I''m not so sure about.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Jose Mourinho obviously.

I don''t know. If Norwich fans are driven to despair by Hughtons ''negativity'', they''ll be suicidal by the time Mourinho has implemented his Chelsea tactics. [:D]
Anyway...
We don''t sack Hughton before the end of the season. Simple as that. If we get relegated (unlikely, but possible) or we''re still struggling to perform at anywhere near a good enough level, that''s when we discuss his future at the club.
As for suggestions... no one really springs to mind. Alot of people want Poyet (understandably) but whether he''s willing to leave Brighton I''m not so sure about.
[/quote]
Obviously I mean that if we''re still performing to this level next season. 

Chelsea played good football though.

And Poyet, if Brighton lose in the play-offs would almost certainly leave them for us. We are Premiership. We probably have about 73% more money than Brighton. And we have Bradley Johnson. What more could he want?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Chelsea played good football though.

And Poyet, if Brighton lose in the play-offs would almost certainly leave them for us. We are Premiership. We probably have about 73% more money than Brighton. And we have Bradley Johnson. What more could he want?[/quote]
Not in his first season they didn''t. They were masters of the counter-attack. Granted a counter-attacking team can be absolutely thrilling but that Chelsea side were incredibly defensive and sat so very deep. They got better after that, but Mourinho is still a very reactive manager. 
My main reason for suggesting Poyets reluctance to leave Brighton is that Brighton is his ''baby''. They were his first managerial job, he saved them from relegation in his first season, promoted them in his second, oversaw their move to a state-of-the art stadium and is now looking to get them promoted to the Premiership. There''s alot of connections there and he may be tempted to stick around for one more season if they don''t get promoted this year.

Last summer I said Culverhouse should have got the job and Karsa as his assistant. I stand by that, he would have done a good job. And by that I mean a better job than Hughton.

Unfortunately that wouldn''t be an option now. So Gus Poyet would be perfect in my opinion.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Chelsea played good football though.

And Poyet, if Brighton lose in the play-offs would almost certainly leave them for us. We are Premiership. We probably have about 73% more money than Brighton. And we have Bradley Johnson. What more could he want?[/quote]

Would you be prepared to link us to the website you found this stat on?

They were good against us when the beat us 4-0. That was his first season wasn''t it?

But yeah, really Jose is more just a brilliant tactician than entertaining manager. He''s been forced into that role more at Madrid, partly because of the players at his disposal, partly because La Liga defences are generally useless, and partly because if he didn''t 80,000 odd Madrid supporters would probably publicly execute him after a poor performance. Inter beating Barca in the CL semi-final was genius football really. The first team to really stop Barcelona being dangerous in recent years. Even defending with 11 men, its not always possible. But Jose found a way.

Poyet would probably like to ''finish'' the job at Brighton, as much as a manager can (Fergie would probably say he hasn''t finished his job yet, despite winning everything and turning Man.U into either the most, or second most popular team in the world. And one of the, if not the best side over a long period (I think I mean, best side to maintain form for 20 years at such a high level, although that could be matched by Madrid, or a Munich perhaps). But if Brighton stay down. And McNally does sack Hughton (which I don''t think will happen, even if we stayed up on goal difference. I think McNally is expecting improvement next season in terms of playing style, and this would have been discussed when Hughton got the job), and Poyet was number one choice, the odds are despite any emotional attachment to Brighton, an increased pay package, the chance to manage in the ''best'' league in the world (or now, probably just most popular in terms of viewers) and chance to take a side developed by Lambert and Hughton, make some additions and make it his own. It would be nice to think he would say no to us, maybe he would, but we''ll probably never know.

[quote user="ncfc_greg"]Last summer I said Culverhouse should have got the job and Karsa as his assistant. I stand by that, he would have done a good job. And by that I mean a better job than Hughton.

Unfortunately that wouldn''t be an option now. So Gus Poyet would be perfect in my opinion.[/quote]I would love to get Culverhouse back. The tactical brains in Lamberts team.

Look at some of the quality in that Brighton team though, they should have walked that league this year, of course they play good football, with that caliber of player in that league they bloody well should. Whose to say if Poyet came here saw the same weaknesses in the squad Hughton sees and has to set us up the same way.

I don''t actually think his tactics have been the problem this year, more the coaching of the players, the fact we can no longer string 3 passes together as a Premiership side is criminal! That''s the reason most of our attacks break down! And I have to admit the players do look a lot less motivated than they did last year and seem to care about losing a lot less, which has been very worrying, I''m hoping it''s just because most of them know they''re getting replaced next year and isn''t because they''re not being managed correctly.

Hughton in until at least half way through next year, I don''t want him out but to be honest I wish we got someone else last summer.

Poyet only candidate i wanted last year Poyet only guy i want now.

As for Hughton''s target being set at 17th from the club i find that laughable that should of been his minimum requirement not a target. 11th should of been the Target to continue the progress we made last year of 12th yet maintaining a sense of realism.

wouldn''t say its all of a sudden for myself i''ve been calling for him for a long time.Gus is just clearly a very passionate manager and has Brighton playing some of the best football in the Championship like many of our players he has done his time in the lower leagues learning his craft and fair play to him for it.

Best of the rest on offer probably Di Matteo worth a look as an alternative.

I''m pro Hughton so don''t want him to be sacked. You don''t becone a bad manager over night and his 11 game unbeaten run with victories over Utd, Arse and Spurs should justify his position.

But for arguements sake. If he was sacked or decided to walk away due to personal matters,etc i wouldnt mind Frankie Zola or Gus. Though personally when Hughton''s time is up, i can see McNally going for Malky.