Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Hooper again

[quote user="birchfest"]Am I the only one that thinks that this deal might go through... and have nothing to do with Holt?

Just cant see us shipping him out, still such an important player for us, just needs a goal scorer next to him to benifit from his graft. I think we need another striker on top of Holt, RVP and Becchio... its could be that Kamara doenst join, C.Martin, Vaughan, and even Jackson leave... I think we need at least 5 strikers competting for places and offering alternatives from the bench.

4 million.. yeah Id fancy that, not a huge gamble for a player who was banging them in in the Championship. That old chessnut ''He''s only scoring because he is in a mickey mouse league'', well.. good! Be more worried if we were after someone who wasnt scoring in the SPL! He''s got a knack for finishing and is one of those player where if he gets the ball and a chance in the area Id fancy his chances, regardless of what league.
[/quote]

Holy s***, are we in for RVP too?! GET IN!

[quote user="York Canary"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Am I the only one that thinks that this deal might go through... and have nothing to do with Holt?Just cant see us shipping him out, still such an important player for us, just needs a goal scorer next to him to benifit from his graft. I think we need another striker on top of Holt, RVP and Becchio... its could be that Kamara doenst join, C.Martin, Vaughan, and even Jackson leave... I think we need at least 5 strikers competting for places and offering alternatives from the bench. 4 million.. yeah Id fancy that, not a huge gamble for a player who was banging them in in the Championship. That old chessnut ''He''s only scoring because he is in a mickey mouse league'', well.. good! Be more worried if we were after someone who wasnt scoring in the SPL! He''s got a knack for finishing and is one of those player where if he gets the ball and a chance in the area Id fancy his chances, regardless of what league. [/quote]

Holy s***, are we in for RVP too?! GET IN!

[/quote]Congrats, you win the golden Coconut! I noticed that about 10 seconds after posting, was hoping I would get away with it!

[quote user="birchfest"]Am I the only one that thinks that this deal might go through... and have nothing to do with Holt?

Just cant see us shipping him out, still such an important player for us, just needs a goal scorer next to him to benifit from his graft. I think we need another striker on top of Holt, RVP and Becchio... its could be that Kamara doenst join, C.Martin, Vaughan, and even Jackson leave... I think we need at least 5 strikers competting for places and offering alternatives from the bench.

4 million.. yeah Id fancy that, not a huge gamble for a player who was banging them in in the Championship. That old chessnut ''He''s only scoring because he is in a mickey mouse league'', well.. good! Be more worried if we were after someone who wasnt scoring in the SPL! He''s got a knack for finishing and is one of those player where if he gets the ball and a chance in the area Id fancy his chances, regardless of what league.
[/quote]

Personally I think 5 strikers is a little excessive, Norwich will probably continue with playing 1 striker in most games - so there would need to be a lot of injuries or rotation for the 5th choice to get any playing time at all. With the 25 man squad limit I would go with 4 strikers, or 3 if Hughton feels any of the youth strikers are good enough to play 10/15 minutes here and there if needed.

Even with all the extra TV money I don''t think Norwich can afford to have players on the books who are being paid well but rarely seeing the pitch - probably best to save that money and use it elsewhere in the squad.

If we are in the Premier League next season and can only afford one expensive striker then the money has to go on a Holt replacement rather than on a player (Hooper or another of that type) who apparently is similar to someone we will by then have on the books.