Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Hooper again

I think he will be our player come September 1st 2013. A good partnership with RVW.

I assume the fee is reported as less because Hooper now has just a year left on his Celtic deal. However, I doubt we are "set to make a move" as the paper suggests. Probably wait until the summer before any other activity.

Yes i''ve also thought this re Holt but have no information that backs this up. Just have a feeling he won''t see out his three year contract and what with his family moving back up north, it sort of make sense for all parties that he moves on if the right players are bought to replace him.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I predict a deal sending Holt the other way, a deal which I think will suite both players.I have no inside information, don''t know anyone in the know or anything like that, just something I suspect may happen.[/quote]I threw this theory into the ring earlier in the season and was pretty much ridiculed for it.Makes a lot of sense for me, for all parties concerned, for lots of reasons.

£4m at the very max! He is not worth anywhere near the reported amount we offered in January.

I''d rather us spend the money on someone else though...

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@Morty - I think £6m should be our absolute maximum with Hooper.[/quote]I''m not convinced, I honestly don''t think much of the quality of the Scottish Premier league, but I think its roughly Championship level at best.Hooper looked very, very out of his depth in Celtic''s european games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I predict a deal sending Holt the other way, a deal which I think will suite both players.I have no inside information, don''t know anyone in the know or anything like that, just something I suspect may happen.[/quote]I threw this theory into the ring earlier in the season and was pretty much ridiculed for it.Makes a lot of sense for me, for all parties concerned, for lots of reasons.[/quote]Probably because everyone back then thought he was still the messiah.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I predict a deal sending Holt the other way, a deal which I think will suite both players.

I have no inside information, don''t know anyone in the know or anything like that, just something I suspect may happen.
[/quote]

I threw this theory into the ring earlier in the season and was pretty much ridiculed for it.

Makes a lot of sense for me, for all parties concerned, for lots of reasons.
[/quote]

Probably because everyone back then thought he was still the messiah.
[/quote]

People thought Grant Holt was Paul Lambert? [:''(]

Ugh not this again.

I just don''t think he''s good enough for us. Overpriced aswell!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I predict a deal sending Holt the other way, a deal which I think will suite both players.

I have no inside information, don''t know anyone in the know or anything like that, just something I suspect may happen.
[/quote]

I threw this theory into the ring earlier in the season and was pretty much ridiculed for it.

Makes a lot of sense for me, for all parties concerned, for lots of reasons.
[/quote]

Probably because everyone back then thought he was still the messiah.
[/quote]

The only reason I would doubt this is because Celtic have a transfer policy of bringing in young players they can sell on for a profit.

Also I would imagine Celtic can''t meet Holt''s wage demands - the main reason I think he''ll still be here next season.

I am with Nicko on this - we can get better and better VFM elsewhere.   And we need to spend money most on the midfield

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I predict a deal sending Holt the other way, a deal which I think will suite both players.I have no inside information, don''t know anyone in the know or anything like that, just something I suspect may happen.[/quote]I threw this theory into the ring earlier in the season and was pretty much ridiculed for it.Makes a lot of sense for me, for all parties concerned, for lots of reasons.[/quote]Probably because everyone back then thought he was still the messiah.[/quote]

The only reason I would doubt this is because Celtic have a transfer policy of bringing in young players they can sell on for a profit.

Also I would imagine Celtic can''t meet Holt''s wage demands - the main reason I think he''ll still be here next season.

[/quote]
I agree with Bethnal here. I think the only way any such deal could happen would be if we were to contribute to his wages at Celtic. It was rumoured that Celtic were unwilling to pay Hooper the £30,000 per week contract he was after and if rumours from home are to be believed, Holt is on at least that here.
I agree with other posters though, I think it could be a good deal for all partys if it leads to us getting Hooper relatively cheaply. Holt has made a fair few statements on twitter since January indicating he would love to play for Celtic as-well. The question is whether Celtic want him, at 32, i am not so sure.

I thought when he put in the transfer request the rumours were he wanted £28K+ and Hooper was wanting around £26+

I think even £20k would be a bit too much for Celtic to justify for a 32 year old with zero sell-on value. I''m sure they would much rather have for selling Hooper the money and then sign someone like Will Grigg who''ll score plenty in the SPL and make a couple of million in profit in a couple of years.

My thoughts are, If we can do a direct swap Holt for Hooper, then that would be a good deal, Anything more than £3mil on its own is IMO £2mil over the odds Hooper is championship level at best, and believe we should be aiming higher, and as already said Hooper was well out of place in the champions league and will be the same in the premier league.   

The chances of us doing a straight swap for Holt and Hooper are nil, in my opinion. Holt is 32 years old don''t forget.

Celtic would want Holt plus cash, if it were to happen.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The chances of us doing a straight swap for Holt and Hooper are nil, in my opinion. Holt is 32 years old don''t forget.

Celtic would want Holt plus cash, if it were to happen.[/quote]Yeah, thats pretty obvious lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The chances of us doing a straight swap for Holt and Hooper are nil, in my opinion. Holt is 32 years old don''t forget. Celtic would want Holt plus cash, if it were to happen.[/quote]

Yeah, thats pretty obvious lol.
[/quote]

Yes and Holt is still better than Hooper, as was meant in my reply

If Hooper and Holt were to swap then that would be such a great move for Holt.

Not sure about Hooper here so much though, would prefer we give Holt another season if there aren''t underlying issues to why he''s not been as great as previous seasons.

But at the same time, who''s really out there for what we can offer that''s not already proven and/or over the hill?!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The chances of us doing a straight swap for Holt and Hooper are nil, in my opinion. Holt is 32 years old don''t forget. Celtic would want Holt plus cash, if it were to happen.[/quote]Yeah, thats pretty obvious lol.[/quote]

Yes and Holt is still better than Hooper, as was meant in my reply

[/quote]Really?I would have to have a long hard think about that one, to be honest.

[quote user="pete_norw"]My thoughts are, If we can do a direct swap Holt for Hooper, then that would be a good deal, Anything more than £3mil on its own is IMO £2mil over the odds Hooper is championship level at best, and believe we should be aiming higher, and as already said Hooper was well out of place in the champions league and will be the same in the premier league.   [/quote]

Even Championship level strikers cost well in excess of £1m these days, Celtic could reasonably expect £4m - £5m (and that''s in the knowledge his contract is running out) for Hooper from any club due to the ever increasing transfer fees for British based players, if Norwich do go back for Hooper this summer they certainly won''t be the only ones.

It''s unfair to judge Hooper''s abilities on two games against Juventus, who are probably one of the 10 best teams in Europe right now. He isn''t the greatest striker in the world but I have no doubt he can score goals in the Premier League, and I have the feeling even if Norwich don''t sign him someone will.

If there is a deal possible with Celtic for around £4m then Norwich should definitely go for it. I would expect him to be able to hit the ground running better than RvW who will almost certainly take a while to adjust to the Premier League.

Am I the only one that thinks that this deal might go through... and have nothing to do with Holt?Just cant see us shipping him out, still such an important player for us, just needs a goal scorer next to him to benifit from his graft. I think we need another striker on top of Holt, RVP and Becchio... its could be that Kamara doenst join, C.Martin, Vaughan, and even Jackson leave... I think we need at least 5 strikers competting for places and offering alternatives from the bench. 4 million.. yeah Id fancy that, not a huge gamble for a player who was banging them in in the Championship. That old chessnut ''He''s only scoring because he is in a mickey mouse league'', well.. good! Be more worried if we were after someone who wasnt scoring in the SPL! He''s got a knack for finishing and is one of those player where if he gets the ball and a chance in the area Id fancy his chances, regardless of what league.

Euhm what the hell are we discussing transfers about when the most important game of the season is coming up in 48 hours?