Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Paddy Davitt - gets the feeling Ruddy will play...

On Saturday! Maybe the extra lift we need?

I think Bunn has done an excellent job, and is 4th in my POTS, but do we think it''s time for big John to return?...

Bunn has done very well and has been excellent cover for Ruddy. However I think even though it''d be very harsh on Bunn to be dropped, I emphasise the word ''cover''. If there is a chance that our number one is 100% ready to come back, Hughton would be very tempted to play him and it could give the team a lift to see him make his return. Although I think the lift would be more for the fans than the team in my opinion.

I just hope if he does play that he is sharp, he will no doubt be a bit rusty. I can''t help but wonder if we should keep him on the bench until safety is achieved, so he''d play away at Man City in the last game of the season.

Good. The sooner Ruddy is back (and at his best) the better.

Bunn has been decent cover but no more than that.

Its a big decision, and one I''m glad I don''t have to make.Bunn has done well enough, and is in possession of the shirt, and fully match fit and sharp.Ruddy is a better keeper, but has been injured and out a long time, is not in possession of the shirt and is short on match sharpness.Really not sure what would be the best to do here.

Ruddy is a top stature player and would definitely be a lift for this and the other matches if he is ready. Significantly, he could have played in the Development team game earlier in the week, so this could be true.

Agreed, it is harsh, but Ruddy''s return could lift the players and crowd

Ruddy is the best keeper in the EPL it''s a no brainer to play him if he is fit!

Get Ruddy back in. If he''s as good as we all think (he is that good) then he can handle it, no problem.

Bunn against Benteke - no contest.

Ruddy against Benteke - contest.

At some point though, all injured players have to be given the game time or they''ll never get their match fitness, teamwork and sharpness back.After 4 (I think) development games, plus all the training over the last month or so, there really is no reason to not play JR - unless Hughton decides that Bunn deserves to keep the spot until the end of the season of course.I think the fitness issue is a non-starter at this point, so surely it should come down to who is the better keeper, which in my mind is JR.Somewhat harsh on Bunn who''s done little wrong, but you don''t keep your best players on the bench just because someone''s done relatively ok in their place...

If the coaching staff believe he''s ready, then he''s ready.We''ve missed him, that''s for sure.

If he commands his area as he used to, then I think that his presence and calmness could be a major help to our weakened defence.

Really about time he came back. We have missed him even though Bunn has done fine. For me Ruddy commands the box and has far more presence.

This reminds me of a piece in Bryan Gunn''s autobiography. At Aberdeen Gunn played a long run of games as Jim Leighton was injured. Gunny played really well but as soon as Leighton was fit he went straight back into the team. Fergie said that Leighton was his number 1 and that didn''t chhange even after a long spell on the sidelines.

So, if Ruddy is fit he should play.

Sorry YC this doesn''t remotely smack of panic stations - the guy is our no1 and has been getting back to fitness for months, playing at least 3 games, possibly more. He has effectively had a pre-season, so ought to be sharp and raring to go. It is a bit harsh on Bunn, but these things happen: we want as close to our first XI as we can get for the run-in. (Hopefully Pilks will also return...).

Englands No.2 keeper, so its a no brainer imo.

Sorry Bunny, no slight against you intended.

The biggest advantage for Ruddy at this stage is his physical presence. If he''s fit then he must play but well done Bunn for what he has done this season. Obviously a great character.

May I add that whilst I have been a critic of the first team coaching staff this season, I will be the happiest bloke on the planet for Hoots if we win. If nothing else it will convince me that nice blokes sometimes do win

If the crowd are up for it like they were against Reading then we should be good.

this isn''t a slight on Bunn in anyway who has been exceptional and won us more points than lost... but i feel Ruddy needs to playit will give the entire team and the fans a lift, Ruddy is our best and most high profile player... an astute decision by hughton if he does start.Feel sorry for Bunn as he probably deserves to see the rest of the season out.. but thats football.