Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Squad numbers?

They must be out soon so people can buy their new shirts for the season.  So what''s available; definitely 2, 4, 7, 10 and 17.  Also, 1 (if Green goes), 8 (if Holt goes) and 20 (if Damo goes).  I know we''re not in the habit of changing our existing players numbers but I would like to see Shacks given the number 4 shirt and Deano the number 10 shirt (if he wants it).  Call me old fashioned but I prefer when your starting X1 has 1-11 on their backs.  Presumably Jarratt will get 7 and the rest will be kept for signings

Personally Dumbledelia I don''t care what numbers they wear on their shirts as long as they do the business on the pitch.

IMO, the first 11 / best 11 should be 1-11 squad numbers, as you said. Definitly would like to see deano with the number 10 shirt

Deano requested 36 because it was his first ever squad number didn''t he?

As long as Hucks stays number 6, don''t care really!

I like the old fashioned 1-11 squad numbers too.  At least you know what position they are supposed to be playing in if they have the old numbers!

Yes I would like to see Ashton handed the 10 shirt (dont know what happens if Bentley stays on?).  36 seems such a high number running around on the pitch.  No complaints tho as long as he bangs in the goals

Lets hope they change it in time before everyone starts buying the new shirt and having their favorite player''s number on the back!

I would imagine Deano will get 9 as 36 is usually given to a new striker when the existing striker shirts of 9 and 10 are spoken for (as 3+6=9). That would leave Jonno and Leon fighting over 10.

Ashton is definately changing his shirt number, but whether its to 9 or 10 i dont know. 10 is now free but tradition states that the target man centre forward is the number 9, a''la Roberts. I also reckon, but don'' know for sure, that Huckerby will keep his number 6, even though 7 is his preferred number, hes made the number 6 shirt his own now! When the new squad numbers come out i think the numbers will be a good indication of the first team next season...

I''d like to see:

1 - Green
2 - Helveg
3 - Drury
4 - Shackell
5 - Doherty
7 - Safri
8 - Francis
6 - Huckerby
11 - Jonson
9 - Ashton
10 - McKenzie

Wont happen mind

Squad numbers for the forthcoming season:

1. Robert Green
2. Matthieu Louis-Jean
3. Adam Drury
4. Jason Shackell
5. Craig Fleming
6. Darren Huckerby
7. Jason Jarrett
9. Mattias Jonson
10. Dean Ashton
11. Jim Brennan
12. Darren Ward
14. Leon McKenzie
15. Youssef Safri
16. Simon Charlton
18. Paul McVeigh
20. Damien Francis
21. Paul Gallacher
22. Ian Henderson
23. Ryan Jarvis
26. Thomas Helveg
27. Gary Doherty
30. Joe Lewis

Wow I thought that was just guesswork but I checked the official site and it''s all erm official. Interesting to see that Ward and Gallacher have swapped numbers, with Ward now being 12. What do we read into that? Gallacher can''t be happy being 3rd choice and personally I think he''ll be off.

Finally!

In January I was so pleased that Ashton was coming to Norwich after having him in my CM teams since 2001 that I knew what I wanted for my birthday ...My parents got an away shirt with just ASHTON the day he signed and then sent to me for my birthday a few days later, but the shop said they wouldn''t put 36 on the back as he was bound to change. The first opportunity I got to get back to Norfolk, I went into the shop and asked for the number and they wouldn''t do it (even asked for 10 if they wouldn''t do 36!!).

So I think I''ll be going in tomorrow and asking for 10 on the back

[quote]Wow I thought that was just guesswork but I checked the official site and it''s all erm official. Interesting to see that Ward and Gallacher have swapped numbers, with Ward now being 12. What do we rea...[/quote]

Bye bye Gallacher! Pmsl.

I''m glad Wardys number 12 now (its well deserved seeing as he was our 2nd choice keeper all last season - minus the time he was injured of course) even though my away goalie tops gonna look as though someone was pissed when they ut the numbers on my shirt as they''ll now be back to front.

Ah well who cares?

Good to see Shackell moving down to number 4!! Well deserved I musat say.

Ashton being number 10 also sounds better.

[quote]Squad numbers for the forthcoming season: 1. Robert Green 2. Matthieu Louis-Jean 3. Adam Drury 4. Jason Shackell 5. Craig Fleming 6. Darren Huckerby 7. Jason Jarrett 9. Mattias Jonson 10. Dean Ashton...[/quote]

My god I''m psychic!!  Ok it wasn''t rocket science to be fair!

[quote]They must be out soon so people can buy their new shirts for the season. So what''s available; definitely 2, 4, 7, 10 and 17. Also, 1 (if Green goes), 8 (if Holt goes) and 20 (if Damo goes). I know ...[/quote]

I think dd should get the number one squad jersey....