Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SYG

We are 10th in the league...

In the home form guide, and 18th in the away form!

Surely with two home games left to play, that should give us fans a little bit of confidence...

Yes it does. To have a bit of a grumble though, it perhaps suggests that we are a bit too negative away from home. You do generally have to be more negative away from home, but I''m not sure we always get the balance quite right.

Having said that, Villa are 10th in the away form guide ha ha!

So a grudge match is on the cards in more ways than one!

C''mon on city, getting excited now...

[quote user="SYG"]In the home form guide, and 18th in the away form!

Surely with two home games left to play, that should give us fans a little bit of confidence...[/quote]And there you go, first poster manages to put a negative spin on it.[:)]

Excited just like you SYG...but bloody nervous too :-(

I think we''ll definitely get something out of our home games, but their attack is strong and they''re on a high!

I believe in taking the game to them from the off! COYY

I wasn''t putting a negative spin on it Morty, just found the facts funny, still positive!

Yes RobFleck, very nervous also! I believe this is our biggest home game since Derby!

Lets do this... OTBC

[quote user="SYG"]I wasn''t putting a negative spin on it Morty, just found the facts funny, still positive!

Yes RobFleck, very nervous also! I believe this is our biggest home game since Derby!

Lets do this... OTBC[/quote]I meant Aggy[Y]Positive here too!

Ahh ok :)

Positivity all round I hope, will bring the best out of us and fans and hopefully the players come Saturday

[quote user="SYG"]Ahh ok :)

Positivity all round I hope, will bring the best out of us and fans and hopefully the players come Saturday[/quote]I think we have to remember that this messageboard is by no means reflective of general opinion; it''s like a *slightly* more articulate Canary Call.  FCR will be rocking on Saturday.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="SYG"]Ahh ok :)

Positivity all round I hope, will bring the best out of us and fans and hopefully the players come Saturday[/quote]I think we have to remember that this messageboard is by no means reflective of general opinion; it''s like a *slightly* more articulate Canary Call.  FCR will be rocking on Saturday.[/quote]Only very slightly![:)]

[quote user="Aggy"]Yes it does. To have a bit of a grumble though, it perhaps suggests that we are a bit too negative away from home. You do generally have to be more negative away from home, but I''m not sure we always get the balance quite right.[/quote]

I think we''re generally negative at home and away, the difference is when a large proportion of teams come to Carrow Road they''re happy to play along with and take a point too.

How is that "spin" Morty? SYG said we were 10th in the home league table and 18th in the away. I don''t think I''ve "spun" anything in discussing why that might be the case.

I also said yes, it does bode well for us.

How is that "spin" Morty? SYG said we were 10th in the home league table and 18th in the away. I don''t think I''ve "spun" anything in discussing why that might be the case.

I also said yes, it does bode well for us. But don''t let actually reading posts get in the way of having needless digs!

[quote user="Aggy"]How is that "spin" Morty? SYG said we were 10th in the home league table and 18th in the away. I don''t think I''ve "spun" anything in discussing why that might be the case.

I also said yes, it does bode well for us. But don''t let actually reading posts get in the way of having needless digs![/quote]You took a statement made by him, which was wholly positive and managed to mention "negative" twice in your post in reply to it.Therefore putting a negative spin on his initial positive post.Tell me what I have got wrong here.

His initial point was that our home record should give us confidence for the upcoming two games we have at home. My first words agreed with that. No negative spin there.

I then discussed the other half of the opening post, (which says we are 18th in the away form league table), and offered an opinion as to why that was. So again I fail to see where I have added any "spin" by discussing part of the original post.

If he didn''t want any "negative" discussion of our away form, then why add that bit to the post?

I am entirely confident that we will stay up, but if someone puts up a post comparing our good home for with our poor away form (which this thread did do) then why is it putting a negative spin on things to discuss both parts?