Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Players future

Where is the incentive for the players now that we have declared a major clear out in summer? They are doomed if they stay up. Just a thought. Was it wise of the club to announce RVW etc?

It could work both ways - fear of being sold/contract closed could persuade layers into more effort just as easily as making them ease off.

Few would come into the category anyway:

Regular team/squad members have a good chance of staying for at least one more year, since we can''t replace all the marginal ones at one fell swoop. Regularly unused players will probably already assume that their days are numbered.

It''s really only "sometimes" or "occasional" players who would be affected, and they could decide to do some late impressing if given the chance.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Where is the incentive for the players now that we have declared a major clear out in summer? They are doomed if they stay up. Just a thought. Was it wise of the club to announce RVW etc?[/quote]Yeah, if only they were professionals.  Then they would want to play well to attract another club to sign them.

"Was it wise of the club to announce RVW etc?"

they merely confirmed what had been announced elsewhere

Why on earth would anyone want to get rid of Johnson? He''s been the most consitant player in that midfield, superb this year, especially at home.

I would add to that Eliott Bennet as a swap with Nathon Redmond.

Can''t see it being a huge clearance, but I also can''t see Kamara or Garrido being signed from their loans, so there will be somewhere around 6+ players.

Now I would keep Johnson and Tettey, but by Christ I wouldn''t play them together at home.  Get us a midfielder who can pass the ball to play alongside one of them, and we could unclog our forward line.

There will be many players moving on regardless of which Division we finish up in, but they may be different ones if we go down. The likely departures if we stay up have been discussed to death , but if we go down I would be surprised id RVW, Ruddy, Bassong, Turner, Pilkington and even Snodgrass were in the squad for the first game of the season

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/javier-garrido-interview-spanish-star-comfortable-at-norwich-8562684.html

I can see Garrido signing permanently, condition in his loan deal has been triggered