Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

What my Vile mate said...

Was talking to my mate who is a villa fan earlier, and he said the following...

"Were gonna walk away with an easy victory"

"Score prediction? 4-1"

"You cant handle Benteke"

"Remember the league cup?"

You have no idea how much I wanna gloat over him...so please city....do me a favour!

Haha i''ve got a money wager with my mate who''s a villa fan that we''ll finish higher than them in the league this season. I won last year, so why not this year too ;)

Bigger and better clubs have left CR empty handed this season .

Good,  I hope their team thinks that too. This big win might have the effect that Sunderlands win against Newcastle had; over confidence resulting in them recklessly throwing men forward. We have been strong in defence at home and they are weak in defence, hopefully we get given the space to take the game to them!

Hopefully the last game will make their players foolishly cocky too

[quote user="NorthWalesCanary"]My Villa mate has been the same. Think the 6-1 win on Monday has gone to their heads.[/quote]Normally after a big win teams tend to draw or lose their next gamre as the previous result tends to go to their heads (unless they are a top 4 team).  Plus the opporsition (Norwich) in the next game may try harder because they won''t take Villa for granted.  Had Villa lost or drawn their last game the phsycology from both teams would be different.Just an observation.

Not sure it really was our reserve team; we started 442 with barnett and tierney the only two non regulars at the time. The midfield 4 is very familiar and bassong played - with Morison starting up front with an outshone holt.

Given we also only got a draw at villa park as bennett as dismissed for a foul on bennett

This will be a close game, but I am confident we will get something from it

Villa are playing well and they have a potent attacking unit. Meanwhile there is a lot of negativity about how Norwich are playing at the moment. But amongst the hysteria remember these following facts.

Norwich have won 7, drawn 7 and lost 3 of their 17 home league games this season. The defeats being to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. In short that is the home form of a side knocking on the door for Europe. If Villa come here and steamroller us I would be frankly amazed. There is plenty in this for us on Saturday.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Villa are playing well and they have a potent attacking unit. Meanwhile there is a lot of negativity about how Norwich are playing at the moment. But amongst the hysteria remember these following facts. Norwich have won 7, drawn 7 and lost 3 of their 17 home league games this season. The defeats being to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. In short that is the home form of a side knocking on the door for Europe. If Villa come here and steamroller us I would be frankly amazed. There is plenty in this for us on Saturday.[/quote]

And Sunderland made them look good. 

Love how even with him being so cocky about Villas hopes, he still had to say we''d score. Villas defence isn''t great. If we start like we did versus Reading then I am confident. This is the result we need to confirm safety, would be nice to have a couple of games to relax and enjoy versus WBA and Man City maybe even give the odd youth player a run out as reward for their great cup run.

I can''t deny I''m nervous but that''s mainly because the stakes are so high, and City always tend to do things the hard way. 

Reading being the prime example where we got a couple of goals and had them on the rack but failed to put in the 3rd, and before you know it we switch off in midfield for a couple of seconds and their guy knocks in a great strike from 25 yards, cue a game that had looked very relaxed turning into a very nervous finish with Holt and KK needing to keep the ball in the corner etc.  And we all know that Lambert is good at getting his teams to do well in this sort of crunch game.

But I''m cautiously optimistic with Bassong back we''ll be strong enough in defence and at FCR we''ll go at them enough to expose their weaknesses in defence.

At VP both sides were dire in the first half and they got a goal purely thanks to one defensive mistake by us.  Their full-back couldn''t handle Elliott Bennett except by fouling him so when he was sent off it was no more than he deserved - that''s the way it works in the modern game.  We were all over them in the second half but it was just looking like one of those days when the ball wouldn''t go in when finally Turner scored a trademark header around 80 minutes.

Hoping they will come at us over confident and we''ll get the win we need for safety, and shut their fans up !

I''m looking forward to singing "You should have stayed with the big club... ...stayed with the BIIIIIG club... ...you should''ve stayed with the big club..." ad infinitum.

When we''re a goal up that is!