Sign in to follow this  
Media_Student

Ref for Villa Game

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.html/norwich-vs-aston-villa

Just thought you all would be interested to know that Kevin Friend has been appointed the ref for the Villa game Saturday

[quote user="Media_Student"]http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.html/norwich-vs-aston-villa Just thought you all would be interested to know that Kevin Friend has been appointed the ref for the Villa game Saturday[/quote]

God help us.

Just the sort of no mark Ref you want for such a big game.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Media_Student"]http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.html/norwich-vs-aston-villa Just thought you all would be interested to know that Kevin Friend has been appointed the ref for the Villa game Saturday[/quote]

God help us.

[/quote]

Is he that bad Waz?[*-)]

[quote user="dpj canary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

God help us.

[/quote]

Is he that bad Waz?[*-)]

[/quote]

No - worse !

I posted this on Monday as I was worried when I saw his name. I remember Villa Park last year when he booked Pilkington for saying something to the linesman yet when Villas Warnock done the same he was told to calm down and no booking. He awarded Norwich a free kick which Hoolahan took quickly and the Villa player a couple of yards away intercepted it Hoolahan complained and was booked no retake of the kick. We have had him at other games where he seems to think that the cards have to match the colour of the shirt I am certain in one game he booked six of our players and one from the other side.

I think we will be playing twelve again tomorrow.

Yep, definitely had some bad experiences with him.

I hope the CR crowd get on at him, there''s no doubt it influences refs.  At Stoke last week the only noise the home crowd made until the last 5-10 minutes was about refereeing decisions.  And at West Ham, it was a huge shout by the home fans that drew the refs attention to the holding by RB which he gave a soft penalty for.  We need to do the same at CR.

my mothers pessimism about this game took a turn towards the apoplectic when she heard this earlier in the week.

NOt been the best for us - but if these things do even themselves out perhaps saturday is the time to rectify things!

His name is ideal for the headline writers. They pray for him to have a bad game so they can just throw in the ol classic ">Insert team< don''t have a Friend in Kevin" or ">Insert player name< doesn''t have a friend in Kevin".

He did have a joke of a game against Wigan back in December.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]my mothers pessimism about this game took a turn towards the apoplectic when she heard this earlier in the week. NOt been the best for us - but if these things do even themselves out perhaps saturday is the time to rectify things![/quote]

Its the biggest myth in football that these things even themselves out, they only even themselves out for the big clubs at expense of the "smaller" clubs.

This season alone we have been at the brunt of many strange decisions which has ultimately put us in a far less comfortable position than what we should be, I estimate that poor officiating has cost us at least 8 points.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="dpj canary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

God help us.

[/quote]

Is he that bad Waz?[*-)]

[/quote]

No - worse !

[/quote]

I agree with Webbo.

Not one of the better Refs, in fact I''d say he pants.