Sign in to follow this  
morty

River end or Barclay.

Does it matter which way we kick off?Is it better to attack the Barclay in the second half?Anyone have any stats on this lol?

It''s funny that in general it appears that we like to kick towards the Barclay in the first half, which is not the case for most other clubs who prefer to kick towards the loudest end in the second half.

Might just be the luck of the coin but we do tend to kick off more often towrds the Barclay first half.

Would be interesting to know if that''s true or just appears to be the case.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]depends where the sun is.[/quote]Whilst I see what you''re saying, I am biting my lip on a massively sarcastic comment lol.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]I like it when we attack the River End second half, but thats just my preference because I sit in the N&P :)[/quote]I think we actually score more goals at the River end.

I genuinely thought it was that the sun is higher at 3 o clock so if we get to choose we attack The Barclay in the first half so the away ''keeper and defence have the sun in their eyes. Then by second half around 4 o clock the sun is lower and of less hinderance to our team.

"depends where the sun is."

really ?

I think you''ll find it tends to be in pretty much the same place (behind the River end)

It always seems, from where I am sitting in the N&P, that when the sun is shining, the Barclay lower tier crowd are cooking for most of the game!!

I''m in the Barclays. Always feel more comfortable with us kicking towards the Barclay in the second half. Don''t know why.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]I like it when we attack the River End second half, but thats just my preference because I sit in the N&P :)[/quote]I think we actually score more goals at the River end.[/quote]

Don''t think that has been the case this season. First goal at the River End was against Wigan. Almost half the season gone. Balanced up a bit by the Everton and Reading games but most goals this season have gone in at the Barclay End.

[quote user="City1st"]

"depends where the sun is."

really ?

I think you''ll find it tends to be in pretty much the same place (behind the River end)

[/quote]

Where does he specify it''s a 3 0''clock kick off? ;)

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

For a minute, I thought this thread was going to be about the quietest end for the match v the Vile.

I hope the Barclay end make a lot more noise than they did for the cup match.

OTBC!

[/quote]

If i remember correctly you were booted out of your seat to make way for Villa fans at the cup match Tangible and you went on to make a big fuss about it on here so i trust you will be back with the K blockers tomorrow ? [;)][:P]