Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Do you think any of the young lads will get a chance before the end of the season ??

Not while there''s still a battle on to stay up. Hopefully a win tomorrow will keep us up and then maybe one or two will get a bit of game time.

I think it''s unlikely now; we won''t until we''re mathematically safe and it would be counter productive to put them in away at Man City; they don''t need demoralising and having a good hiding.

If we beat Villa and Wigan lose tomorrow, then that leaves us 9 points clear with Wigan having only 3 games left, our goal differences are fairly similar, so even against West Brom it could be a bit of a gamble to put too many youngsters in. We might see one or two though.

Whilst I could see the benefit of it, the fact there is a huge amount of money for every league place you climb means I wouldn''t be taking any risks.

Perhaps a couple could travel with the squad to Man City as reward. I remember Worthy taking Chris Martin with the squad long before he broke through. Or maybe a place on the bench if we are safe.

Too risky while there is anything in it for other clubs, and too much responsibility on them. Do we want to blood them with so little preparation, e.g. substitute appearances in one or two games previously?

If we are safe by the time of the game at Manchester, may be a brief appearance.

Who do you have in mind - Josh Murphy, Cameron McGeehan?

[quote user="morty"], the fact there is a huge amount of money for every league place you climb means I wouldn''t be taking any risks.

[/quote]k

spot on

given how ''bunched'' teams are in the table it could be that any team could move up four or five places on the last day - so there could be around £3m or £4m to play for

CEO, managing and playing staff are ''bonused'' on where the club finishes in the league, the idea that the season is ''over'' before the last game is absurd

as is the idea that there would be any genuine worth to putting 17/18 year olds into a game if they are not up to it

i think you will find that the youngsters have a very important match on May 13th, so no. they most certainly won''t be thrown in at the deep end at the Etihad on final day.

Good point Lizard. Possibly at West Brom then (assuming we do get a win tomorrow).

Pity our season wasnt concluded earlier else this might have been a possibility. Someone posted a while back ''Isnt it great for the season to still be going at this point?''. Not for me. Id have taken safety 6 weeks ago and a season that gradually wound down and nothing to play for so players who might be ready for a minute here and there like Carlton Morris could get a chance.

Liverpool blooded Raheem Sterling at 17, so if we were safe some of those boys could have been given a taste.

But we''re not, so they wont get a chance. Could see Morris on loan next season. I know the Murphy twins both have pro contracts, but I think its just those two isnt it?

Sign them up, thats what I say!

Agreed, pre-season is the chance to get a proper look at them - throwing them into Prem action would be counter-productive unless we were completely safe