Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Chris Taylor - Millwall

Apparently (SSN understands) we are looking at him. I dont usually comment on lesser league players as we should all know they can come good, but I''ve seen him play twice and he''s no better than what we have already...I''m not sure RVW thinks he is the wide players we tempted him in with.

Hopefully its agent talk.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11735/8685396/

Might be the plan b for relegation, but not for the premeirship....whats with us being linked to 26 year old lower standard cheap option ?

Not being funny but I can understand the likes of Nathon Redmond and that type of young hungry champioship player but seriously Chris Taylor, really?

Until our status is clear one way or the other  all the speculation is a bit pointless. we will need totally different players if we go down from the oneswe need if we stay up

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Until our status is clear one way or the other  all the speculation is a bit pointless. we will need totally different players if we go down from the oneswe need if we stay up[/quote]

THIS ↑

Chris Taylor is a decent player. He''s probably quite similar to Pilkington in terms of play style, not the fastest but a good crosser and finisher with two good feet. He''s probably less spectacular than Pilkington but more consistent and defensively responsible. I guess if we could get him for a decent price he might be a good developmental player to back-up and push squad members, although if we''re looking at Taylor as an option I would expect us to spend big-money on a central midfielder.

Thing is Fry, i think this summer is about recruiting first team players, not squad fillers. That''s not to say 1/2 wont come in, but this is the summer to bring in some players who are going be fighting for a starting place, moving those players who have features this season onto squad players. For example, i expect to see another striker, AMC, FB, CM and winger to come in to push for the shirt with perhaps a CB, another striker and another FB as squad players

I have no problem Norwich looking at players like Taylor. Anyone whose getting good reports and reviews in the championship, it''s good business for Norwich to go and watch them a few times.

I would suspect this happens quite regularly and either the agent has let it slip, or someone has been spotted in the crowd.

We will still recruit most of our players from the championship, and a couple of marquee signings elsewhere.