Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Aston Villa predictions

Ketts, just look at it this way: we only recently drew at home with Swansea, and beat Everton; we also drew at home to Spurs (among others). Do you think Villa are obviously better than those sides? We are not a bad side, there is no reason for our fans to be beating ourselves up (or for Villas to be too over confident), if we play well there is no reason we can''t get a good result.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

Villa forums are brimming with confidence. Probably because the deluded souls on this forum are giving them false confidence!

This forum and everyone one I talk to are very nervous, not just about this game, but WBA and Man C. The majority of folk on this forum are not nervous - excited, but not nervous. However, there are a few poor deluded souls on this forum who are very vociferous, and give the impression that they speak for the majority

Despite my nerves, I think we can win......just. Good for you!

[/quote]

Norwich 3-1 Aston Villa

Ahhhhhhhh no! I''ve just realised i''m being far too positive for this forum

Thanks Branston, a good point well made. No Villa are not better than those sides, but their young team could be starting to gel albeit late in the season. We have had some great results..but now seem to have flat lined.

From a tactical point of view its fascinating. Two good managers, with very different ideas. Who can get it right on the day?

Injuries, the crowd, the ref, even the weather can all play a big part.

I don''t know what will happen, and that it what  makes this weekend an exciting and crucial fixture for both teams.

WBA and Man C without doubt are a more difficult prospect for us, but saying that they have less to play for.

My guess..... head says a 1-1 draw, heart says a 2-1 win.

Ketts is using his head. The fact that we haven''t lost at home to anyone below us in the table all season long makes my head say we won''t lose. I know I''m not very bright but I can''t see anything that rationally suggests any scenario except draw/win for us. My heart of course says a win.

I''d be interested to find out if those of you who predict a defeat are feeling it in your hearts, your heads or your yellow bellies[:^)]

I fear the worse for us in this game, maybe its that 6-1 mauling of Sunderland which has got me spooked.

1-3 defeat.[:(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ketts is using his head. The fact that we haven''t lost at home to anyone below us in the table all season long makes my head say we won''t lose. I know I''m not very bright but I can''t see anything that rationally suggests any scenario except draw/win for us. My heart of course says a win.

I''d be interested to find out if those of you who predict a defeat are feeling it in your hearts, your heads or your yellow bellies[:^)]

[/quote]According to the latest Pinkun headline, Aston Villa are still the underdogs for this clash. Operation "Give the pant wetters the cuddle they need" is in full swing![;)]

My gut instinct is a comfortable win for Villa, but football being the funny old unpredictable game that it is, I shall go for a 2 nil victory to City. Come on You Yellows! About time we saw a decent win.

City 4-1 down at half time, with the crowd all nodding their heads in the knowledge of I told you so........storming response in the second half with a Holty hatrick finally drawing the game 4-4.

This has a draw all over it, I said it, Lawro said it, we have only been beaten at home by 3 top teams, we are 10th in home form, Villa are 10th in away form, both managers would take a point at this stage.............2-2 draw.

[quote user="Indy"]

City 4-1 down at half time, with the crowd all nodding their heads in the knowledge of I told you so........storming response in the second half with a Holty hatrick finally drawing the game 4-4.

This has a draw all over it, I said it, Lawro said it, we have only been beaten at home by 3 top teams, we are 10th in home form, Villa are 10th in away form, both managers would take a point at this stage.............2-2 draw.

[/quote]

lol - a holty hat trick is as logical as the doom monger wanting a 1-3 away win.

2013 stats are

Us home P7 W2 D5 L0 F7 A5 11pts +2GD

Villa away P7 W2 D3 L2 F13 A14 9pts -1GD

Will be a close game and more than likely a draw.

But our home form IS good, even if the displays have not been impressive

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

lol - a holty hat trick is as logical as the doom monger wanting a 1-3 away win.

2013 stats are

Us home P7 W2 D5 L0 F7 A5 11pts +2GD

Villa away P7 W2 D3 L2 F13 A14 9pts -1GD

Will be a close game and more than likely a draw.

But our home form IS good, even if the displays have not been impressive[/quote]Most likely result looks like a draw then, though football is a funny old game sometimes. Villa''s result Monday proved that.With Villa''s only away losses in 2013 being at Arsenal & Man Utd, I think they tend to play more free away from home. There 1-3 performance at Stoke was dominant. No doubt, this is going to be tough game, but for Villa as well.

[quote user="morty"]

According to the latest Pinkun headline, Aston Villa are still the underdogs for this clash. Operation "Give the pant wetters the cuddle they need" is in full swing!

[;)]
[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/JoMomma_2008/media/wetpantsposter.jpg.html][IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh303/JoMomma_2008/wetpantsposter.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Wigan won''t get to 38 points so it''s not going to matter anyway but we''ve only lost to teams lying in 2nd, 3rd and 7th place in the league this season. I can''t see any reason why 16th place Villa will cause us any problems. 1-0 Norwich.