Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Aston Villa predictions

Well I''ve been reading on here all week how good Villa are, so my only hope was that their up and coming Champions League Final would be a distraction for them. But I''ve just seen that Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are contesting that. So we are doomed!!!!

I really hope I''m wrong but Norwich 1-3 Villa. I can just see Villa having too much pace and firepower up front, and as we are likely to be without Turner will clinically overcome us. If we can get in there faces early and stop them coming right at us and show a bit more quality in the final third to test their dodgy back line then hopefully it will be different.

Hoping for a win but wouldn''t be surprised by a defeat. Can see them scoring at least a couple & I can''t really see us getting more than 2. Would settle for a draw & I think that that would be a great result given the circumstances.If I had to put money on it, which I won''t be, I''d go 3-2 Villa.

3-3 - anguish and elation in equal measures over the course of the match. Last minute equaliser for Villa, which will make it feel like a loss at the time but once Sunday comes around, we''ll see it as a point gained and realise we are ''that'' close to getting over the line.

And my ticker will be in a right old state.

Current betting has City as slight favourites at generally 11/8 with Villa not far behind at around 15/8A draw is the outsider of 3 at the moment at 12/5 City v Villa facts
  • Norwich have won just one of their last nine Barclays Premier League meetings with Aston Villa, drawing five and losing three.
  • Despite

that, the Villans have only won one of their five Premier League trips

to Carrow Road (D2 L2), with that win coming back in December 1993.
  • Following

his goal against Sunderland last week, Gabriel Agbonlahor is now the

top scoring Aston Villa player in Premier League history (61).
  • Christian

Benteke has already scored more Premier League goals this season than

any other Aston Villa player has managed in a single campaign (18).
  • The Belgian has scored 13 goals in 15 league appearances in 2013.
  • Norwich have won fewer games in 2013 than any other Premier League team (two).
  • Villa have gone 19 league games without a clean sheet, the longest run of the season.
  • Norwich have conceded more goals from outside the area than any other team in the Premier League this term (12).
  • Aston Villa substitutes have contributed just two goals this season, a joint-league-low.
  • Christian Benteke has won more aerial duels than any other player in the top five European leagues (261).

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]They have a terrific team spirit Warren and are developing as a young team, that will result in some heavy defeats but also some top quality performances, young players thrive on confidence and they will be brimming with after the Sunderland game, don''t delude yourself! Potentially it could go pair shaped for them against us but my money is on them continuing where they left off in the last game.[/quote]This type of sickening love in for other teams really makes me question a lot of peoples loyalties here sometimes.[/quote]

You may question all you like Morty, not a love in by any means but a recognition of where our opponents on Saturday are at, wait for the Hughton per match interview and you will hear the same sort of thing, presumably your not questioning his loyalty as well are you.

[quote user="Making Plans"]
  • Aston Villa substitutes have contributed just two goals this season, a joint-league-low.
[/quote]Those Lambert substitutions, game changers.

[quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]They have a terrific team spirit Warren and are developing as a young team, that will result in some heavy defeats but also some top quality performances, young players thrive on confidence and they will be brimming with after the Sunderland game, don''t delude yourself! Potentially it could go pair shaped for them against us but my money is on them continuing where they left off in the last game.[/quote]This type of sickening love in for other teams really makes me question a lot of peoples loyalties here sometimes.[/quote]

You may question all you like Morty, not a love in by any means but a recognition of where our opponents on Saturday are at, wait for the Hughton per match interview and you will hear the same sort of thing, presumably your not questioning his loyalty as well are you.[/quote]Lol, I very much doubt he will tongue their claret and blue hoops the way you just have.They are Aston Villa, not Bayern Munich!

Despite the 6-1 win I am sticking with my BBC Predictor forecast. So a win 3-2 but with many nerves in evidence (mine) throughout the 90 minutes and worse the 5 extra time minutes.

If we lose then I still think we will beat West Brom. But please do the business this Saturday lads.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Lol I think you will find that he does![/quote]Okay then. If he pays respect to the opponent, why do you think that is? Perhaps to play a small mind game with the opposing manager?Who are you playing mind games with exactly?

Sunderland made Villa look good, Gorleston could have beaten Sunderland on Monday, I''m going for a win Norwich 3-1 Benteke carried off  1st half    

His overly submissive pre match utterances about our opposition are sickening and show weakness in his character.

Since when were Villa the best goalscorers in the league? Since when did we have the worst defence?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?! I need to be enlightened, clearly.

Villa have scored 42 goals in the league this season, we''ve scored 33. Now baring in mind we apparently can''t score for piss this season, that''s only 9 goals which over the last 35 games equates to them scoring 0.26 more goals a game than us (AND THATS ROUNDING UP!).

So I am positively dying to hear more about how much of an open free attacking game they play, how their 0.26 more goals in this upcoming game is actually going to equate to them scoring 4 at carrow road, etc etc.

Seriously, are you actually City fans or just miserable old codgers with nothing else to do?

They''ve scored 27 this year and we have scored 10, puts a slightly different angle on it Hog

It is odd that everyone considers Villa to be so free-scoring and that we ''can''t score'': in the three games leading up to last weekend we had scored 5 in 3, Villa had scored 5 in 4.

IMO they do obviously contain a threat, but are also rather brittle at the back (64 conceded in the league, 38 away) so it evens out (or rather, with a -22 g/d, it doesn''t!). We''ve shut-out far better sides this season, but will not have our first choice c/b pairing out and we will have our work cut out.

To me there really doesn''t seem to be any particular reason to predict doom and gloom, as many seem intent on doing, but I reckon a hard-fought draw is on the cards. Which will pretty-much suit both camps reasonably enough.

[quote user="Vanwink"]His overly submissive pre match utterances about our opposition are sickening and show weakness in his character.[/quote]So the same applies to your comments?

[quote user="hogesar"]Since when were Villa the best goalscorers in the league? Since when did we have the worst defence? AM I MISSING SOMETHING?! I need to be enlightened, clearly. Villa have scored 42 goals in the league this season, we''ve scored 33. Now baring in mind we apparently can''t score for piss this season, that''s only 9 goals which over the last 35 games equates to them scoring 0.26 more goals a game than us (AND THATS ROUNDING UP!). So I am positively dying to hear more about how much of an open free attacking game they play, how their 0.26 more goals in this upcoming game is actually going to equate to them scoring 4 at carrow road, etc etc. Seriously, are you actually City fans or just miserable old codgers with nothing else to do?[/quote]

Hogesar

I have tried to put some perspective in this forum regarding the Norwich home form - only Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea winning here all season - yet some folk still have not been able to detach themselves from the PL umbilical cord and think that his team will achieve what Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton were unable to do!

Reading some of the pro-AV respondents on here, they must be absolutely gutted that their hero has not been able to take AV into Europe at the very least! The latest mood upswing predicated on AV winning a HOME game against a relegation rival - not sure if these folk have realised that AV are playing AWAY on Saturday?

However, we shouldn''t be too harsh on them - I don''t think it''s right to mock the afflicted. Perhaps we should just let them rock themselves to sleep whilst sucking their collective thumbs. The worry of Saturdays visit by "his lordship" is obviously affecting their mental faculties

We win on Saturday and Wigan fail to win then we are guaranteed to be in the Premier League next season. It''s as simple as that.

We''ve lost THREE at home all season in the Premier League.We''ve done well in our last couple of home games (and I was very impressed with us at Arsenal- not Stoke though it has to be said!).

Stop bleating on about them smashing Sunderland as Villa wont get the space that they got on Monday...

I''m going: Norwich City 4 Aston Villa 3.

The Fink Tank puts it like this.   The probabilities are very close.   Interestingly, the odds are that it will be low scoring.

Norwich Vs Aston Villa

Neutral Venue

1 - 1

12.1%

1 - 0

9.0%

0 - 1

8.6%

2 - 1

8.5%

1 - 2

8.1%

Chances:

Home win

38.8%

Away Win

35.7%

Draw

25.6%

Expected points: Home: 1.42 - Away: 1.33Th

2-0 Norwich. Pilks and Kamara, resulting in total hero worship. No way will we lose this game! Villa have been S~~t all season, beat an abject Sunderland side who didn''t compete and suddenly they are world beaters.

I can''t believe the nonsense on here - Benteke and Guzan are good players; Weimann isn''t bad. Who else would get in out team? Do you all really think we are going to roll over? I''m glad Villa fans are thinking they will murder us because when they don''t it will be even more satisfying.

[quote user="Vanwink"]They have a terrific team spirit Warren and are developing as a young team, that will result in some heavy defeats but also some top quality performances, young players thrive on confidence and they will be brimming with after the Sunderland game, don''t delude yourself! Potentially it could go pair shaped for them against us but my money is on them continuing where they left off in the last game.[/quote]

I just wonder Winky where you were putting your money Monday afternoon before the Villa v Sunderland game as surely Sunderland were brimming with confidence after thrashing the Toon in thier own back yard and then turning over top six Everton ? Did you see that result coming based on current form ?

1 - 3. A first half hatrick from Lambert who realising you are so poor picks himself out of position as a striker. A late consolation goal from one of your defenders from a dodgy free kick decision after Holt tripped on his laces.

Norwich 4 Viler 3. This will be a crazy game like Swans away. Ruddy-Bunn will have a blinder. Holt will win a pen in the 97th minute which he scores before getting sent off for mooning at the vile fans who have been baiting him all match about being a not very good version of Benteke.

Lambo says ''we were relentless - it was never a penalty, never, never, never, NEVER, aggghhhhhh''

Hoots says ''these are a good side, but we are staying up in this BARCLAY''S premier league''

Villa forums are brimming with confidence. This forum and everyone one I talk to are very nervous, not just about this game, but WBA and Man C.

....myself included.

I''m looking hard for reasons to be optimistic, any ray of light which could convince me we could win. Yes I know about Man U and Arsenal, but that seems so long ago.

Lambert has the mind game edge. They won here convincingly last time, and they are in the ascendancy with form and goals.

Hughton was at Villa this week, he must be concerned. Lambert must be confident.

Lamberts confidence, attacking mentality, and their NEED for points guarantees a claret and blue bombardment.

IF our best defenders were all fit we could hold out enough for a draw, or even a win if we convert one of the few chances we create.

Im hoping for teams around us to fail as much as wanting us to do well,  and I think we may need others to fail.

I just hope the Villa win works against them, I hope it has sharpened Hughton and the players determination, fired up Holty to lead them into battle. Come on lads the table doesn''t lie, Villa are below us for a reason. They are due a bad game...and we are well over due a good one.

Despite my nerves, I think we can win......just.

[quote user="Vanwink"]They''ve scored 27 this year and we have scored 10, puts a slightly different angle on it Hog[/quote]

What''s your point? The only real statistics you can put towards this game is our home form vs their away form. Guess who comes out on top?