Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Aston Villa predictions

Sorry to say I''m going for Norwich 1 - 2 Aston Villa

Think villa we be more up for it then us. Villa to be 1 up at half time through benteke. Snodgrass to level it up just after half time then holt to get sent off some time after then benteke to grab his second for the winner. Hope I''m wrong. What''s everyone else going for?

1-0 NorwichI expect them to come flying out of the traps, but we will weather the storm, start to get a hold on the game and nick it in the second half. I still think they will be over confident after a thrashing of a woeful sunderland who did everything they could to flater villa, it will be really open, hopefully Pilkington will get the nod as I think there will be space for a pacy player to make use of!

[quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]Sorry to say I''m going for Norwich 1 - 2 Aston Villa

Think villa we be more up for it then us. Villa to be 1 up at half time through benteke. Snodgrass to level it up just after half time then holt to get sent off some time after then benteke to grab his second for the winner. Hope I''m wrong. What''s everyone else going for?[/quote]Wow, your cup really is half empty!2-nil Norwich.Couldn''t give a monkeys who scores.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]Sorry to say I''m going for Norwich 1 - 2 Aston Villa Think villa we be more up for it then us. Villa to be 1 up at half time through benteke. Snodgrass to level it up just after half time then holt to get sent off some time after then benteke to grab his second for the winner. Hope I''m wrong. What''s everyone else going for?[/quote]

Wow, your cup really is half empty!

[/quote]

But he''s got a right to be misereabe. He''s dead!

I think we will lose 4-1. Will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Benteke to double his tally for the season.

0-18 with the addendum "I really hope I''m wrong".

Or a hard fought draw.......

[quote user="morty"]Wow DID NOT see that prediction coming.[/quote]

You failed to predict my prediction.

And, with a numbing inevitability, we get the customary thread asking for predictions for the upcoming game, with the OP naturally using it as an opportunity to be a drama queen - whinging that he thinks we''re going to lose.

Why is that ALWAYS the case with these types of threads? How much of a whimp do you have to be to do something like that?

As for me, I don''t make predictions like this. We could win if we get our arses in gear and don''t be so timid and passive. Regardless of anything, we aren''t Sunderland - we''re better than them - and Villa won''t be able to get as much joy out of our defense.

Sunderland''s much talked about renaissance under di Canio was a house of cards. If you actually watched the TWO games that this is based on, Newcastle (who are in tremendously appalling form, which is worth remembering) basically just gave up and handed it to them. They beat Everton by a narrow 1-0. Everton were not at it, but Sunderland were still EXTRAORDINARILY lucky to come away with anything. So, Villa''s demolition of them came as no surprise to me, just as Newcastle''s demolition at the hands of Liverpool (without Suarez!) came as no surprise to me either.

I don''t know, maybe some people should man up a bit. Or, at the very least, apply some rational thought. Y''know, whichever''s easiest.

There is a lot of doom and gloom around. I can understand this. My hope for this fixture is that for Villa the Sunderland game hastaken a lot out of them and our mob can get motivated. I would be content with a draw but defeat will bring a very nervous if not fatal end to the season 

I predict that if we win, this message board will be like a ghost town.

If we lose, the Lambert-Love-in will be nauseating and this message board will have a whiff of bin.

I actually think we''ll win 3-1. Knowing us though, if we are winning 3-1, we''ll give a goal away with 4 minutes left to make it a bit nervy, so ok, 3-2.

Holt 3.

2-5

Game will start scrappy and Villa will hit us on the counter. Really fear for this game because I don''t think we will stop them scoring and I just can not see us really going for it and create many chances. Our final balls and decision in the last 3rd have let us down badly this year.

Really hope I am wrong, and yes my pants are wet!!

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I predict that if we win, this message board will be like a ghost town.

If we lose, the Lambert-Love-in will be nauseating and this message board will have a whiff of bin.

I actually think we''ll win 3-1. Knowing us though, if we are winning 3-1, we''ll give a goal away with 4 minutes left to make it a bit nervy, so ok, 3-2.

Holt 3.

[/quote][Y]

2-2.Similar game to the recent Swansea match. Hold tight, it could get bumpy!

[quote user="YellowBlood"]2-5 Game will start scrappy and Villa will hit us on the counter. Really fear for this game because I don''t think we will stop them scoring and I just can not see us really going for it and create many chances. Our final balls and decision in the last 3rd have let us down badly this year. Really hope I am wrong, and yes my pants are wet!![/quote]

So Aston Villa transform themselves from having been in the bottom 4 pretty much all season, to the football equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters in a week, scoring 11 goals in 2 games?

Their manager must be something special - or crap. Because if they can suddenly play like that now, then what the **** has he been doing all season?

They have a terrific team spirit Warren and are developing as a young team, that will result in some heavy defeats but also some top quality performances, young players thrive on confidence and they will be brimming with after the Sunderland game, don''t delude yourself! Potentially it could go pair shaped for them against us but my money is on them continuing where they left off in the last game.

[quote user="Vanwink"]They have a terrific team spirit Warren and are developing as a young team, that will result in some heavy defeats but also some top quality performances, young players thrive on confidence and they will be brimming with after the Sunderland game, don''t delude yourself! Potentially it could go pair shaped for them against us but my money is on them continuing where they left off in the last game.[/quote]This type of sickening love in for other teams really makes me question a lot of peoples loyalties here sometimes.

Will certainly crack open the sherry if we win. I''m hoping for a starting line up including both Holt and Hoolahan. If we take the positive approach we adopted vs Reading we just might do it. So I''m going 2-1 City (Snoddy, Benteke, Holt).

I don''t think it''s a love in, Morty. Or at least it isn''t from my point of view. I guess what I was most impressed with the other night was that it was labelled (rightly so) as a bigger game for Villa than for Sunderland.

Villa performed to a very high standard on the night. Not only that, they scored 6 goals. I don''t think it''s a love in, but I certainly was impressed with how Villa went about that game. We could learn a thing or two from their attitude the other night.

Against Reading, the win was appreciated by us fans so much, but it turned into a nail biter for no reason whatsoever. I don''t think it''s a case of us suddenly rating Villa highly, it''s just they can score goals and perform when they have to. I''m not sure we are capable of the same.

This certainly doesn''t have anything to do with my loyalty towards Norwich. Not sure why you''d suggest that apart from just to wind people up.

They have too much firepower and we have none. I can see them scoring two, and I can''t see us scoring more than one. I think that it would be an Herculian effort by our wekened defence to keep them out, and would take something special on our part even to score, to judge from the Stoke game.

I hope for a draw, but I think it might be 1-2 or 0-2.

While there''s hope.......

My head says it''ll be a draw, my heart however would love a win which i predict it''d be by the sole goal. But i don''t care how we win, as long as we do! We simply cannot afford to lose this one.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Will certainly crack open the sherry if we win. I''m hoping for a starting line up including both Holt and Hoolahan. If we take the positive approach we adopted vs Reading we just might do it. So I''m going 2-1 City (Snoddy, Benteke, Holt).[/quote]I REALLY didn''t see you predicting a win coming.[;)]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I don''t think it''s a love in, Morty. Or at least it isn''t from my point of view. I guess what I was most impressed with the other night was that it was labelled (rightly so) as a bigger game for Villa than for Sunderland.

Villa performed to a very high standard on the night. Not only that, they scored 6 goals. I don''t think it''s a love in, but I certainly was impressed with how Villa went about that game. We could learn a thing or two from their attitude the other night.

Against Reading, the win was appreciated by us fans so much, but it turned into a nail biter for no reason whatsoever. I don''t think it''s a case of us suddenly rating Villa highly, it''s just they can score goals and perform when they have to. I''m not sure we are capable of the same.

This certainly doesn''t have anything to do with my loyalty towards Norwich. Not sure why you''d suggest that apart from just to wind people up.[/quote]Did I quote you?

[quote user="Salopian"]

They have too much firepower and we have none. I can see them scoring two, and I can''t see us scoring more than one. I think that it would be an Herculian effort by our wekened defence to keep them out, and would take something special on our part even to score, to judge from the Stoke game.

I hope for a draw, but I think it might be 1-2 or 0-2.

While there''s hope.......

[/quote]I seem to remember us scoring 4 in our last two home games; or was I dreaming?

Salopian, I wouldn''t attach too much importance to our performance against Stoke. They''re a nightmare to play against at the Britannia, particularly towards the end of a long, hard season for us.

I''ve seen enough spirit in the team in previous games to believe we''ll rise to the occasion.

COYY!