Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

larger stadium at what cost?

[quote user="City1st"]

The hotel would be a hideous cost to buy, if only because of the very long lease held on it.

[/quote]

If I remember correctly there is a 150 year lease between NCFC Plc and the Hotel Joint Venture and the Joint Venture has a 35 year lease with the company that operates the hotel.

In addition the Hotel Joint Venture has a bank loan of roughly £10m or so (if I remember correctly) related to the Hotel.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="City1st"]

Two points that are repeatedly avoided.

Firstly the cost. Currently our ''ticktet'' income is around £400 per person,

[/quote]

I bet those sitting in the Cathedral Lounge area and the other padded areas (four areas in total?) would love to pay only £400 a season....

I thought their season tickets were around £700 - £800 a go?

If they rebuilt the GW stand, I would expect more corporate boxes etc. and alot more revenue from the use of a new stand.

I''m not expecting a new stand until we have saved up the £20m. "petty" cash.

As for moving 4000 fans, thats easy, just move the silent Barclay enders ...nobody will notice.

[/quote]

That figure of city1st''s looks like a rough average obtained by dividing gate receipts/ticket sales of £11.3m by the capacity of 27,000. In other words it doesn''t just apply to season tickets, and covers the whole range of ages, concessions etc etc etc. But I may well be wrong and it is some other figure entirely.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

I bet those sitting in the Cathedral Lounge area and the other padded areas (four areas in total?) would love to pay only £400 a season....

If they rebuilt the GW stand, I would expect more corporate boxes etc. and alot more revenue from the use of a new stand.

As for moving 4000 fans, thats easy, just move the silent Barclay enders ...nobody will notice.

[/quote]

That figure of city1st''s looks like a rough average obtained by dividing gate receipts/ticket sales of £11.3m by the capacity of 27,000. In other words it doesn''t just apply to season tickets, and covers the whole range of ages, concessions etc etc etc. But I may well be wrong and it is some other figure entirely.

[/quote]

I think you will find that there are no concessions for the middle blocks of the GW stand. So the average is likely to be higher than £400 a season ticket.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you will find that there are no concessions for the middle blocks of the GW stand. So the average is likely to be higher than £400 a season ticket.

[/quote]

You need to read what I wrote a touch more carefully.

Alan Bowkett has publicly stated that the City stand has the foundations to build an upper tier but he reckons it would be more worthwhile to just knock it down and build a huge one tier stand with with modern facilities rather than the 1986 versions in the current too small city stand!

Like I''ve said before a big redevelopment is possible at Carrow Road that wouldn''t mean a large reduction in capacity - Upper tier on the Jarold stand. This is the best route although this would be ultra expensive but then again knocking down the City stand and replacing it would be as well and would see the capacity down 4000+ for the best part of a season!

I''ve never understood the theory that if you increased the ground capacity many ST holders would give up their tickets and become casual buyers cause the main reason most of us buy ST''s is cause they offer better value than buying casually and you have the same seat every game! 

Doing such a project is risky which is why it hasn''t been done so far. If it wouldn''t of been risky we''d of built Carrow Road up to 35,000 8-9 years ago. Its well documented what happened when Wolves done the same thing last season and the S*um done it 10+ years ago so doinf it has to be right and 3-4 years at least into a regular top flight spell. But any form of progression at a professional football club is going to be risky. I''m sure the move from the Nest to Carrow Road was risky and put the club at risk. I''m sure replacing the River end in 1979/80 was worthwhile long term but probably helped to relegate us in 1981. The 2003 demolition of the out of date South stand was risky but neccessary to progress the club into the future in a better place. Incidentally the loans taken out to pay for the Jarold stand will only be paid of this summer which shows the lead weight such a project is on the club. The club has consistantly proved over the last 10 years that realistic increases in capacity are worthwhile. Average 30-32,000 crowds in the top flight in a 35,000+ Carroe Road look well within the clubs capability so this will be undertaken by the club when the times right although it will be a risk at any time, but hey in life things like buying a house, having kids come with risks and having to stretch yourself!   

[quote user="kingsway"]

Alan Bowkett has publicly stated that the City stand has the foundations to build an upper tier but he reckons it would be more worthwhile to just knock it down and build a huge one tier stand with with modern facilities rather than the 1986 versions in the current too small city stand!

Like I''ve said before a big redevelopment is possible at Carrow Road that wouldn''t mean a large reduction in capacity - Upper tier on the Jarold stand. This is the best route although this would be ultra expensive but then again knocking down the City stand and replacing it would be as well and would see the capacity down 4000+ for the best part of a season!

I''ve never understood the theory that if you increased the ground capacity many ST holders would give up their tickets and become casual buyers cause the main reason most of us buy ST''s is cause they offer better value than buying casually and you have the same seat every game! 

Doing such a project is risky which is why it hasn''t been done so far. If it wouldn''t of been risky we''d of built Carrow Road up to 35,000 8-9 years ago. Its well documented what happened when Wolves done the same thing last season and the S*um done it 10+ years ago so doinf it has to be right and 3-4 years at least into a regular top flight spell. But any form of progression at a professional football club is going to be risky. I''m sure the move from the Nest to Carrow Road was risky and put the club at risk. I''m sure replacing the River end in 1979/80 was worthwhile long term but probably helped to relegate us in 1981. The 2003 demolition of the out of date South stand was risky but neccessary to progress the club into the future in a better place. Incidentally the loans taken out to pay for the Jarold stand will only be paid of this summer which shows the lead weight such a project is on the club. The club has consistantly proved over the last 10 years that realistic increases in capacity are worthwhile. Average 30-32,000 crowds in the top flight in a 35,000+ Carroe Road look well within the clubs capability so this will be undertaken by the club when the times right although it will be a risk at any time, but hey in life things like buying a house, having kids come with risks and having to stretch yourself!   

[/quote]I would give up my 3 season tickets.I work abroad a lot and can''t make a lot of the games, so if I knew I could get tickets for any game, I would probably pick and choose.Also as the novelty of top flight football gets less for some, they would also prefer to pick their games.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I know two people who''d say you''d only be surrendering 1 ticket Morty!!!!![/quote]Lol, fair cop!

I''m all for doing something in front of the box hotel. You could probably get 1000 seats in the existing space, without knocking anything down, or reducing capacity during building. The hotel is frankly a laughing stock, and should never have been built encroaching into potential seating areas.

Money on the team has to be priority until we have a good enough squad not to be too concerned with relegation.

This is all assuming we survive this year!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="kingsway"]

[/quote]I would give up my 3 season tickets.I work abroad a lot and can''t make a lot of the games, so if I knew I could get tickets for any game, I would probably pick and choose.Also as the novelty of top flight football gets less for some, they would also prefer to pick their games.

[/quote]

What sort of loyalty is that!