Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Team for Tomorrow?

Don''t think this has been asked yet!! I would go for something like we were playing earlier in the season in our good run:                          RuddyMartin     Bennett     Bass     Garrido              Tetty          HowsonE Bennett     Hoolahan     Pilkington                      Becchio            Would use Kamara as an impact sub not start.....Thoughts??? I think we need to play good on the floor football to get the best chance out of this!!        

I struggle to see what Holt offers anymore, apart from the obvious yellow card and falling down all the time!

At the same time, we haven''t got a lot else, do I guess it has to be him!

I''d love to see Becchio start, but its a far to big of a game to throw him in...

[quote user="morty"]I agree with all of it apart from the striker. Holt has to play.[/quote]No Snodgrass Morty?

[quote user="SYG"]I struggle to see what Holt offers anymore, apart from the obvious yellow card and falling down all the time!

At the same time, we haven''t got a lot else, do I guess it has to be him!

I''d love to see Becchio start, but its a far to big of a game to throw him in...[/quote]

You have answered your own question, Holt is a big player for a big game.I predict he will play out of his skin tomorrow.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I agree with all of it apart from the striker. Holt has to play.[/quote]No Snodgrass Morty?[/quote]Snoddy to come on for EB later in the game.(Lol, okay, I didn''t give my team much thought[:$])

My team would be:

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Garrido

Snoddy* Tettey Johnson Pilks*

Howson/Wes/Benno

Kei

* depending on the match fitness of Pilks. If he is not fit I would play Snoddy on the left and Benno on the right. If he is fit I would hold Benno in reserve, to come on run their defence really ragged after 70 minutes. I want to get what pacemen we have on for as much of the time as possible. Their defence has looked vulnerable most of the season, and I think that Benno and Kei could cause problems for them.

As striking substitutes - Holt and Becchio - whichever has done more in training to come on after 65 minuts by when Kei will have run himself into the ground.

I''d go;

Ruddy

Whittaker   R.Martin  Bassong   Garrido

Tettey   BJ

Snodgrass   Hoolahan  Pilkington

Holt

.......and then pray Benteke and Weiman can''t be arsed to perform!

Only reason I didn''t have Snodgrass in to begin with is just the

seemingly fewer quality balls going into the box over the last few

games...I figured we need someone who can pass the ball in central

midfield so took Johnson out and put Howson in, plus he should add a little more creativity (however does tend to let attackers run onto him and press him back too often). With a Villa side with a generally weak defense I though Becchio (considering his Champ score tally) would do a good job? Maybe Holt on first and then change to him if not working??

This is about the 5th ''team for Villa thread''.

Anyway mine would be:

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennett Garrido

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass Pilkington

Holt Becchio

Bunn

Whits R.Martin Bass Garrido

Tettey Jonno

Snoddy Wes Pilks

Kei

[URL=http://s207.photobucket.com/user/Indy_Bones/media/Norwich_zpsdf523770.png.html][IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/Indy_Bones/Norwich_zpsdf523770.png[/IMG][/URL]Just switch Turner for Bennett and we''re all set.

4-2-3-1

GK. Ruddy

DL. Garrido

DC. Martin

DC. Bassong

DR. Whittaker

ML. Pilks

DM. Johnson

DM. Tettey

MR. Snoddy

AM. Hoolahan

ST. Holt

Like the look of this, the balance is just right. Unfortunately can''t see Hughton not selecting Kamara and Howson!

I''d have snods playing with pilks again and johnson in with tettey.

yes, pace would be good to have for this game, but snodds and pilks seem to have a good understanding, and on their day are our best options for getting the ball into the box.

not to mention, a goal or two from a free kick could mean the world to us.

I struggle to see why holt should start - jis contribution over the last 10 games has been second best to the alternatives. Hoping he recaptures his form now is akin to blind faith.

4231 for me with our form and winning players

Ruddy

Tettey BJ

Snodgrass Wes Pilkinton

Kamara

If Pilks not match fit then bennett in his place. No alternatives - that is the best we have.

Subs Bunn Whittaker, Barnett, Becchio, Holt, Hoswon, Bennett

[quote user="SYG"]Bunn

Whits R.Martin Bass Garrido

Tettey Jonno

Snoddy Wes Pilks

Kei[/quote]
My team too

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][URL=http://s207.photobucket.com/user/Indy_Bones/media/Norwich_zpsdf523770.png.html][IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/Indy_Bones/Norwich_zpsdf523770.png[/IMG][/URL]Just switch Turner for Bennett and we''re all set.[/quote]I like that.Not your team, thats bobbins.Good picture though[;)]

Lambert knows Holt''s game inside out.

Will get his defence to wind him up and get him sent off.

Start with KK or Becchio for a touch of the unknown and use Holt in the last 20 mins

Ruddy            R.Martin                 R.Bennet             Bassong              Garrido

Johnson                    E. Bennet                                              Pilkington                                                    Snodgrass                                    Holt                               Kamara            

Its not going to be this, and we would be over run in the midfield.. I just wish there was a way to include Bennet, Pilkington and Snodgrass in a balanced midfield.

As much as I''d like to see the diamond used more often, I don''t think now can be the time.

Bunn (Depends on how fit Ruddy is)

E.Bennett Tettey Johnson Pilkington

Kamara Holt

I would use Hoolohan and Snodgrass as impact players. I don''t think Howson has done enough to justify keep being played. Snodgrass has been very poor lately. (I do appear to be in the minority if liking e.Bennett more than Snodgrass. These attacking midfielders need to be rotated more I think.

Could argue for Becchio, so hard to judge him off the back of one game or so (although he did look woeful). I think he may well play what i''ve put except play Snodgrass for Bennett.

RuddyMartin     Bennett     Bass     Garrido              Tetty          Johnson      E Bennett           Hoolahan              Holt         Kamara           

I reckon back to the 4-2-3-1 that worked well earlier in the season - would like to see Ruddy back but it''s 50:50, other than that Martin, Bassong, R Bennett, Whittaker; BJ,Tettey; Pilks, Hoolahan, Snod; Holt. Kei as an impact sub. I''d be happy enough with 4-4-2, but for me Pilks getting back into the starting XI is key, he is the most natural guy we have there. Villa''s defence is a bit ropey, so we must get at them, aerially if necessary - they were crap against set pieces v Bradford so we must try to take advantage.

I agree with Zippers selection.

Villa score their goals on the break. Any side daft enough to throw everything at them will play into their hands.

We need a solid start with a well stocked midfield which means a ball passer like Wes and an outlet like Kamara so we can stay deeper. To this end I''d even consider dropping Russ for Whits as our full backs need to stay back.

On the bench we need game changers and this is one game where Hughton needs to up his game with his subs as his opposing manager (like most before him) will be positive and bold in this respect.

We can forget relegating Villa, they are staying up and if we lose we''ll possibly end up relying on the manager who got us to the EPL keeping us there at the expense of Wigan.

A while back on the predictor I had Newcastle to go down and tomorrow is a big deal for them and Wigan who I think cold get a result at West Brom.

There are too many stories about player departures coming out in the media for comfort and Charlie Adams comments about our players after the Stoke game makes me wonder about the attitude of some of them. And never mind the fans, Paul Lambert still has the Indian sign over many of our players.

The supporters must demand a performance tomorrow and impress on the manager and players how much they want the win because they are the Club and they cannot move on like the staff can.