Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Your Choice...Garrido or Tierney

If you had a choice between Garrido signed by Hughton or Tierney signed by Lambert at left back who would it be ?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]You and Nutty actually raise a very interesting point (inadvertently prehaps)

Hughton''s signings have been really really good and most have been an improvement to the squad.

[/quote]

You may thinks so but you should perhaps think about Ayala and Ryan Bennett bought to play in the prem as opposed to Bassong and Turner bought to play in the prem. I think there''s a big picture that is ignored.

Dont think u can compare lamberts and hughtons signings! Would bassong have joined when we first got promoted! Same with garrido im not sure.

Easier to attract players after you''ve finished 12th in the prem!

Tierney is an interesting one, hard to know who is the bigger casualty of Hughtons reign, him or Fantastic Mr Fox.

Tierney I thought was our best player in the first half of last season, as Jeremy Clarkson would say - POWER!!!

Thought with Drury leaving he would pick up where he left off before injury but rather a forgotten man. Missed the Fulham debacle but granted he was poor. Hughton clearly doesnt rate him. I like Garrido a lot, but if you could guarantee Tierney played like he played when we first came up, I''d be sorely tempted.

Problem is what he did 18 months ago is rather irrelevant. Like Fox he''d be starting from cold. Hughton clearly doesnt rate either of them. He''s frozen them both out, but I bet he did it in the nicest possible way!

[quote user="NorwichNorth"]Dont think u can compare lamberts and hughtons signings! Would bassong have joined when we first got promoted! Same with garrido im not sure. Easier to attract players after you''ve finished 12th in the prem![/quote]

I guess not. Just like you can''t compare what Lamberts team did last season to what Hughtons does this season. But people still do. It''s all about balance. Anyway, where were we when Howson and Ryan Bennett came to the party?

But realistically you''re right. It''s all bollox[Y]

Very difficult choice.

I don''t think that we have seen the best of Garrido this year - he has a reputation with free kicks, for instance, but how many has he taken? How much has been able, defensively, to get forward and attack? We have seen virtually nothing of Tierney, who played well enough last season.

As things stand, neither is particularly quick. In terms of best performance Tierney last year, Garrido this, there is little to choose between them. I hope that in the Summer we sign a quick LB from somewhere.

Nice to see you popping Tilly mate, looks like your trying to be a bit naughty here and devise the fans. Lets all get behind the team today, up off your seat and singing!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Nice to see you popping Tilly mate, looks like your trying to be a bit naughty here and devise the fans. Lets all get behind the team today, up off your seat and singing![/quote]

A tad rich Winky as all i have read from you is negative nonsense on the twenty or so threads you have popped up on since your return. Still,anything i can do tyo help your post count hey ? [:|]

These threads are ridiculous. What on earth makes you think Lambert wouldn''t have continued to improve the squad this year if he''d stayed? Or do you think he''d have just pocketed the transfer budget? He''d have had the same budget as Hughton and would no doubt have singled out the defence as an area that needed improvement.

Comparing Garrido to a player signed in the Championship is a pathetic attempt at point scoring. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Nice to see you popping Tilly mate, looks like your trying to be a bit naughty here and devise the fans. Lets all get behind the team today, up off your seat and singing![/quote]

A tad rich Winky as all i have read from you is negative nonsense on the twenty or so threads you have popped up on since your return. Still,anything i can do tyo help your post count hey ? [:|]

[/quote]20 or so threads? with 477 posts in 37 days i believe that to be totally understated.

I think it''s fair to say that Garrido has a bit more culture about his play than Tierney does, but I always thought Tierney was the more physical of the two and better against stronger opponents.Neither has amazing pace however, and as most teams have pacy wingers rather than strong ones I''d argue that neither is ideal (though both have played well), and I''d rather we brought in a quicker option along the lines of a Naughton or Bertrand or similar going forwards.

Why are you so keen to divide the fans on such an important day when we all need to be united behind the team, It''s out of character for you Tilly mate, come on and get behind the lads!

For starters Tierney was signed in the Championship.

According to whoscored, Garrido is a more accurate passer, and Tierney makes more tackles. The rest is much of a muchness.

I would say Lambert did a better job in picking up Tierney for the Championship than Hughton did picking up Garrido for the Premiership.

Tierney for me.

Probably our best player in first half of last season. Had an absolute shocker @ Fulham but shouldve been given another chance or two with Garrido''s dip in form this year.

On the subject of Garrido here is his wikipedia entry...

"He is a left back characterized by his constant overlapping runs"

Wouldnt be known for that now.