Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Will Fleming be next?

After being completely surprised to see Worthy exchange Holt, does this mean that Fleming will be next.  Clearly Megson feels that Holt can do a job at Forest, and I''m sure that Fleming could do a good job for him as well.

I for one thought that Worthy would stick with Holt this year despite his poor season in the Premiership, but I must admit he has gone way up in my estimation.  Should he subsequently manage to find a buyer for Fleming, or at worse, start him on the bench, then I think we are in for a great season.

[quote]After being completely surprised to see Worthy exchange Holt, does this mean that Fleming will be next. Clearly Megson feels that Holt can do a job at Forest, and I''m sure that Fleming could do a goo...[/quote]

Stop building my hopes up Silver Fox!, Holt and Flem gone in a week is the stuff of dreams.

Before you know it, Malky will be back.  

In all honesty, I would be very very surprised if we saw the back of Fleming yet. I''ve seen a lot of articles lately with Fleming expressing his desire for the football season to get back underway, just the sort of thing Worthington no doubt wants to hear from his club captian, who will bo lining up in the back four come the start of the season. Sadly!

All credit to the boss for getting a good deal out of Forest and gettind rid of Holt.

[quote]Stop building my hopes up Silver Fox!, Holt and Flem gone in a week is the stuff of dreams. Before you know it, Malky will be back.[/quote]

Maybe you whiz are becoming even more powerful than you or anyone else could imagine!

Well, glad the wizard is on our side!

Well, Like Northern said, probably going to be kept as cover, but yes probably should be on his way

Considering he was offered a new deal last season I don''t think he''ll be going anywhere and to be honest he''ll be needed this season

I think Flemo still has his uses in this division. I think this should be his last season with us, however, at least as a first team player.

I think his time is coming to an end, but not quite yet.

I cant believe the rubbish I read on this board from our supposed ''loyal'' fans about some of our players , particularly Holt and Fleming.

So, Fleming ''has his uses'' at this level does he ? Have you forgotten that 14 months ago he was picking up the Barry Butler trophy for his ever-present , 100 per cent consistent performances at ''this level''. Ok , so Flem may have struggled in the Prem , but not too many of our players covered themselves in glory either, did they ? The Premiership is probably the toughest top division in Europe right now and the quality of strikers that you end up facing week-in week-out is phenomenal.

Fleming will be fine in the Championship nex tseason just as he was in our promotion year.The things you can say about the guy are that he is Norwich through and through,never dodges the press after a poor game,always makes himself available (played games while carrying injuries last year)  and always gives 100 per cent.

As for Gary Holt , he is another who was playing last year at a level above himself but again always gave 100 per cent , just as he always did in a yellow shirt.Lets wish him all the best for the future and thank him for all he did for us whilst at the club.Lest we forget that without his performances in the Play Off year , we would never have been in the top six in the first place.

Never mess with Maverick...

Ps Greeno won''t be going to Pompey but Primus will definitely be coming the other way...

Flem has been given a testimonial season - I very much doubt he will leave this season- however reckon this will be his last - I still think he will do a reasonable job for us in the 1st Div. Fully agree that we need to bring in new centre half talent soon though.

I do think Fleming was made a scapegoat last season, I would still pick him ahead of Doc or Charlton. He will be solid this season, but I doubt he will be as good as the last time in Div 1; he won''t have Malky (their partnership was stronger than the sum of the parts) and he is slowing down. Having said that, he will need replacing before our next assault on the Premiership and I would like to see someone come in now. Also, it will do Shacks good to have competition for his place (all players need competition for their place!).

This Primus rumour is gathering pace, do people feel he is the right choice? He isn''t so young anymore either... although undoubtedly he can cope at Premiership level...

[quote]I do think Fleming was made a scapegoat last season, I would still pick him ahead of Doc or Charlton. He will be solid this season, but I doubt he will be as good as the last time in Div 1; he won''t h...[/quote]

I working on a ''charm'' spell for Primus, Putney.

I''d have him here in a flash if it was up to me, I''ve always rated him, and IMO, he''d be awesome in this league!.

You said it yourself, he can cope with the Premiership.

Spot on Maverick and with his testimonial there is not a cat in hells chance of him leaving

[quote]I working on a ''charm'' spell for Primus, Putney. I''d have him here in a flash if it was up to me, I''ve always rated him, and IMO, he''d be awesome in this league!. You said it yourself, he can cope w...[/quote]

well whiz, if we sign primus - what a signing he would be!

And as you said, he can play in the premiership, so we would have our defence covered for next season aswell!

The Primus deal is a goer apparently but City can''t talk to him because he''s doing a charity walk along the Great Wall of China with Darren Moore of WBA.As soon as he''s back its just a case of dotting i''s and crossing t''s.The only reason he didn''t come last year was that Harry Redknapp rated him highly but now he''s gone the new guy doesn''t fancy him apparently.

Don''t be surprised to see the ''Doc'' leaving to make way(what a bonus if we could get back the 750k+ we''ve wasted on him).This will leave Flem/Primus/Shacks as the ''2 from 3'' central defenders with Charlie providing full back cover on both sides and central defence in worst case scenarios.

Greeno doesn''t fancy Pompey and would rather wait til Jan transfer window for 2 reasons - a) see how we are placed at that stage and b) see if Eriksson picks him for the England games before Christmas.

Damo is a different story however , definitely wants Prem football and the sooner Pompey,Fulham or Charlton put their money where their mouths are the better we will be for it.If we can get 2m for him it will buy us 3 decent players at this level.

Never mess with Maverick

Maverick, how reliable is your info? I''m not trying to be rude, I would like what you say to be true, but can we trust it?

As for Primus, I''m not 100% sure about him;

- He isn''t that tall, only about 5''10 I think

- I know 2 Pompey fans, one rates him the other doesn''t

- I remember a couple of games last season when I thought "lucky we didn''t sign him" (can''t remember which games though)

On balance though I think he would be better than Doc for CB, I just hope he isn''t replacing Helveg as RB.