Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

#50 Bet Challenge

I know its awefully late in the season but I have finally decided to post this. After much thought and consideration, I understand that Betting and gambling is not everybodies cup of tea. However, i have noticed more and more often that people refere to odds and what the bookings all have to say. (especially this time of year)

There is a thought that by starting with £10 on a single bet. You can achieve over £1000 in 50 simple one off bets.

For example
#1 £10 on +1.5 goals = £12.50
#2 +5.5 corners £12.50 = £17.48

So... The idea of this post was to see if anyone else participates in this method of betting and how much have you ever got to?

Here is my new starter...

#1 WBA v Wigan +1.5 goals - £10 = £12.50

Obviously if you dont bet please don''t shout at me. Its just an idea for those who do.

I''ve done plenty of rolling accumulators. My cut off point is over £500. It generally takes somewhere between 10 and 15 bets to achieve that form a £10 stake. Also when I hit £100 i''ll take out my original £10 stake so if it does go Pete Tong, i''ve essentially lost nothing. I''ve hit the target about 4 or 5 times this season which is rather pleasant!

The idea of hitting 50 bets in a row sounds great but in reality it would be incredibly difficult to achieve, and i''m pretty sure it would get you an awful lot more than £1000. Theoretically it would probably take me about 15-20 bets...

Thats interesting.

I tried a rolling accumulator on results once, but lost at the first hurdle. It was Everton at home to someone they should have easily beat, and they drew. So I haven''t thought about it since.

Might give it a go, see if I can get a bit further this time. Might follow your route as well. I''ve become worse and worse at football betting, bar one brilliant treble I had a few weeks ago (included a Stoke/WBA draw, Southampton to beat Liverpool at home and Villa to beat QPR). Much prefer the horses.

Tempted by a 31/1 treble today though. I haven''t put Norwich in a bet for yonks, as it never goes well, but Norwich win, Swansea/Man.C draw and Wigan win.

But might go for a 3 draw, us, Swansea and QPR to all draw our games, 57/1.