Sign in to follow this  
The gut

Have we got the stomach...

.. for possibly the toughest and most important week of our season so far?

Regardless of the result tonight v Sunderland I am certain that within minutes of the final whistle Lambert will start the mind games with Norwich and Villa fans. Building a cup tie cross local derby atmosphere to drive his underdog yet superior young team forward.

I expect the most hostile and intimidating set of fans we have seen this season before the game as they see themselves ready to fight Lamberts good fight.

They will be singing their hearts out for premiership survival, and for Lamberts honour (although it is just any other team to Lambert).

I hope our fans have the stomach to be at their strongest, and positive best to match or out do The Vile and secure our premiership status (and help send down just any old other team with just any old other manager).

Don''r worry The Gut.. The wailing will take place on here in the match thread. Carrow Road will be just fine[Y]

When we help our team over the line on Saturday and when we get home we will see tumbleweeds slowly travelling this forum....

In what way are Villa an "underdog but superior" side to us?

Underdog, granted. I''m struggling with the "but superior" bit though.

How have we managed to stay above Lambert''s superior side all season? That''s what amazes me. It must be something to do with that 10 game run. If we hadn''t had that, we''d be relegated already you know.

What I meant Aggy was the type of hype Lambo will be using. I''m sure he''ll find a way of combining that his side are the underdogs so to relieve pressure from Villa yet finding a way highlighting that his young side are superior to ours to add pressure to our us. I expect his media tactics to be at their best.

I''m not sure we do?, that being the case its vital that Sunderland win tonight because should we lose to Villa I could still find solace in the fact that we''d still be above them, however should Villa win tonight and then again on Saturday ,to see go go above us in the league for the first time this season in the process would be difficult to bear.

step it is all about turning the tv or radio up to max volume. Ear placed as close to the speaker as possible. Sending everyone else out of the room whilst sssshhhing them as they go. Rewind and replay if possible. Piece it together as best you possibly can then give up and wait to read it in the papers.

Nope, I think we have proved we havn''t got it since xmas. Shocking 2nd half of the season, dire dire football = lack of atmostphere at Carrow Road and we cant score (4 away goals all season) Get this muppet out, bored of hearing ''Chris Hughton frustrated after Norwich fail to score'' or similar after every game. I was at the Stoke game saturday and my word they are shocking and we couldnt manage a shot on target or any notable attack.This is so frustrating and I know I''m not the only one!

True to form lambert is stirring the atmosphere with comments like :-

Doesn''t give a damn if Norwich are relegated.

He has respect for our fans.

Things went on that we don''t know about.

He was hard done by when he returned.

They will have ferocious support.

It is time for Norwich fans to put aside any doubts, if they have them, for today''s game. Time to only think about what they want to happen, and believe that we will win. Get behind the team more than at any other time this season. Stand together ( or sit) and have the stomach to outsing villa, be 100% behind our team, manager and club throughout the whole build up and during the game. United we stand, divided we fall. Otbc

depends which or the Burger vans you eat from , one near the Health Club always look a bit dodg.... Oh sorry thought you meant ... oh never mind, depends if you mean the players of the fans.

If the players then yes, if you meant most of FCR this afternoon with Wigan winning and us losing (which I dont think will happen by the way) then Boots next door will have sold out of Adult Nappies.

Stephen Fry hasn''t[:(]He has just tweeted that he''s missing the game today as he has a poorly tum-tum.

The old codgers need to get up off their @rses and sing their hearts out.

Today is the day we find out the mice from the men.

Will be cheering on the baggies too

Need some of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6IgF3ITMU

Lambert may not be French, but he''s close enough (bloody Bonny Prince Charlie & all that).