Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Fernandes: "I have been exploited"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22409888

I wonder what this means for the future of QPR? I seem to recall him saying he was happy to keep pumping money into the club.

Must be a few other clubs with investors feeling the same. Which means there could be a few clubs in the doo-doo ...

Well I don''t want to say "I told you so" to all the folks here who went on and on about wanting a big money investor to come in here.But I will.[:)]

Wonder if he now looks back on his potential Norwich investment and wonders.

By running a club in London, players come for London. Big wages, London lifestyle, dont give a toss about the club.

Big players will want to come to a London club, but not necessarily care about performing.

Had he taken over at Norwich his money might have gone on more realistic players and the culture that developed at QPR would have been unlikely to have developed here. Could have twinned the club with Lotus, could have been a match made in heaven with a very different outcome.

Here''s to forever being Tony Fernandes'' ''one that got away''

[quote user="Vanwink"]Do you kiss the mirror every morning Morty?[/quote]Awww, is someone getting a bit jealous because they are never right about anything?[:(]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Lol[/quote]Off to the game today, or are you watching it on the radio?

I''ll be there singing my heart out, I''ll look out for you mirror flashing in the crowd

[quote user="Vanwink"]I''ll be there singing my heart out, I''ll look out for you mirror flashing in the crowd[/quote]Are you some kind of homosexual stalker?

Anyway, back on topic.I met someone who had business dealings with Fernandes and this whole situation bears out his opinion of him.He has got slightly lucky in making his fortune, and he isn''t perhaps the business genius he likes to think he is.

Your mind works in a rather unusual, even disturbing way.

Not only being self obsessed but imagining that others are obsessed with you as well.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Your mind works in a rather unusual, even disturbing way.

Not only being self obsessed but imagining that others are obsessed with you as well.[/quote]Like following me round a football forum, obsessively replying to me you mean?That kind of thing?

Funny how many successful businessmen fail when it comes to running a football club. If Fernandes walks out on QPR you would have to wonder how they will survive. With a £90million debt and high earning players contracted at least until 2014 we may have another Portsmouth on our hands.

It''s because they don''t understand the business they are moving into, classic recipe for fail!

West Ham must be delighted he never took them over.

He wanted a London club, he got one. It''s not all everyone else''s fault. He didn''t have to pay Bosingwa £75k a week. He didn''t have to pay Samba a similar amount, but he did. They failed. They got what they deserved.

How much money has Fernandes actually put into QPR.

It''s all well and good signing these players, but is it his money or just debt (i.e Portsmouth scenario) and he''s actually having a risk free bet.

"It''s because they don''t understand the business they are moving into, classic recipe for fail! "

Really wiz?

I can remember you were quite the advocate on here for Fernandes replacing Delia.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]"It''s because they don''t understand the business they are moving into, classic recipe for fail! "

Really wiz?

I can remember you were quite the advocate on here for Fernandes replacing Delia.[/quote]Strange, isn''t it?How "new" posters turn up with a seemingly ready made grudge.Most odd.

[quote user="ron obvious"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22409888

I wonder what this means for the future of QPR? I seem to recall him saying he was happy to keep pumping money into the club.

Must be a few other clubs with investors feeling the same. Which means there could be a few clubs in the doo-doo ...[/quote]The fact they now have Wiz posting on one of their forums probably tops all that...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ron obvious"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22409888

Must be a few other clubs with investors feeling the same. Which means there could be a few clubs in the doo-doo ...[/quote]The fact they now have Wiz posting on one of their forums probably tops all that...[/quote]Bloody hell, really?Brilliant lol.

Thanks for that chops, I can remember him going on about how much "ambition" they got. Oh and don''t forget "you''ll be Europe soon!".

Classic.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/member.php?2451-Wiz

[quote user="Bitter QPR Fan"]

Norwich are doomed, they haven''t won in 22

games and even their flukey draws are eluding them, along with their

hood winking of refs and linos. Karma is such a b1tch.....[/quote]

[quote user="Guess who"]

Little arguement from me fella, I saw this coming weeks ago, we''re a joke atm.

My biggest fear is that we''ll stick with Hughton, its his ruddy safety

first, cowardly tactics which got us in this mess in the first place.[/quote]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Funny how many successful businessmen fail when it comes to running a football club. If Fernandes walks out on QPR you would have to wonder how they will survive. With a £90million debt and high earning players contracted at least until 2014 we may have another Portsmouth on our hands.[/quote]

Someone posted something from one of the newspapers a few weeks ago with the financial breakdowns of each Premiership club. Sunderland and QPR was frightening. Even the parachute payments would prevent catastrophe is Fernandes walked out