Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

First Norwich City Game

It was 1973, sorry to dispel your theory but I truly cant remember who it was it was that good.

Forty years on there are so many games I would like to forget.

On the positive side there are many i will never forget, happy days.

i remember it was 1963, but not who against or, obviously, the score. it was away and in London, which makes me think it may have been QPR.

My first Norwich game (though my 2nd match at Carrow road - the first being an England youth game), was the 1996? Coca Cola cup match against Birmingham. I''d just finished work experience at school, and my manager for those two weeks took me with his son, So went proudly wearing my "bird poo shirt" (still my favourite design - don''t care what anyone else says about it!)1-1 draw and the highlight for me was Gunny saving a penalty.Not a classic game, but was a very different experience/atmosphere than how I would have imagined it would be when watching MOTD as a kid.

[quote user="Semblance of Reason"]My first Norwich game (though my 2nd match at Carrow road - the first being an England youth game), was the 1996? Coca Cola cup match against Birmingham. I''d just finished work experience at school, and my manager for those two weeks took me with his son, So went proudly wearing my "bird poo shirt" (still my favourite design - don''t care what anyone else says about it!)1-1 draw and the highlight for me was Gunny saving a penalty.Not a classic game, but was a very different experience/atmosphere than how I would have imagined it would be when watching MOTD as a kid.[/quote]

I love the birdpoo shirt too :) Doesnt fit me anymore though so gave it to my girlfriend. Tell me, is it wrong to make love to her in it???

Images of David Mellor come to mind (which of course scuppers the whole thing)

Grimsby Town, 2-2 draw, 09 December 1995. I was 11 and my mate''s Dad took me as they had a spare ticket. Parked on Stanley Avenue and walked along Thorpe Road, past the sweet shop on the corner (got some sweets) and sat in the South Stand.

Couldn''t tell you who scored.

89/90 season (I think).

City 0-0 Coventry.

Robert fleck smashed a shot against my arm at the front of the river end during the warm up. It would have hit me in the face if I hadn''t blocked it. It left a right old bruise.

I should have been a goalkeeper.

cant remember exactly, late 80s early 90s, blazing hot day at carrow road vs everton, might have even been a pre season friendly, was wearing the white asics away shirt :D

0-0 v Sunderland about 3 weeks before the Milk Cup final, in the corner terrace which is now the Family Enclosure bit.  They used to let us young urchins in for free at half time through the giant iron gate.

That Villa 3-3 draw was my second game! Saw a 0-0 draw with Derby at the Baseball ground the previous month, Peter Shilton was in goal