Sign in to follow this  

@NorwichCityFC starting-11 Bunn; R.Martin, Bassong, R.Bennett, Garrido; Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington; Hoolahan, Holt (C)

My only concern is that this is the team and players that Lambert knows best.

Not sure what Becchio must be thinking other than might as well start packing his bags

Hughton drops 2H bombs. I am disappointed at holt and howson starting. Both underperforming for the level we need to survive and need real men not mice performances from them today. Howsons losing record and uncreative performances alone are enough to ensure he should sit on the bench. He will be overrun and bossed by delph as he was in Dec.

The pros are significant though, right formation, and wes and pilks back is perfect.

Just cant get over our best performing central midfielder and striker sitting on bench behind the 2Hs.

The pros should still be enough for us to get a point though

COYY.

so its back to 451 at homegoing for the draw yet againthe man has no balls

Howson starts again.... lets hope he justifies his selection rather than the game passing him by like usual.

I am a tad surprised Holt is the lone striker as well. That role really hasn''t suited him all season.

Also surprised Whittaker misses out yet again.

Great to see Pilkington back and Bassong fit.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Don''t understand why Tettey not starting. Let''s hope Howson justifies his selection today.[/quote]

Hasn''t this board been full of people moaning about two defensive midfielders. I am not the biggest Howson fan but he does have the capability to be more adventurous and a better passer

Norwich: Bunn, Martin, Bassong, Ryan Bennett, Garrido,

Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Holt. Subs Camp, Whittaker,

Jackson, Kamara, Elliott Bennett, Barnett, Tettey.

Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Westwood,

Delph, Sylla, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Weimann. Subs: Given, Bent, N''Zogbia, Holman,

Bowery, Bannan, Lichaj.

Referee: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)

I just think Tettey is so much more dynamic & can get forward well (if allowed). Wes there, plus Snodgrass on the right, gives him options to pass forwards.

[quote user="rock bus"][quote user="ron obvious"]Don''t understand why Tettey not starting. Let''s hope Howson justifies his selection today.[/quote]

Hasn''t this board been full of people moaning about two defensive midfielders. I am not the biggest Howson fan but he does have the capability to be more adventurous and a better passer[/quote]When Howson plays as part of that deep two central midfielders, his performances can hardly be called attacking, whether this is down to him or the manager I don''t know.   His passing lacks range and is hardly incisive. You won''t find him putting a first time 25 yard pass into the path of an on-rushing winger.  Dally on the ball and 5 yards sideways is what we usually see.  If Hoot is going to play him as a defensive player I would rather see Tettey start.

" Dally on the ball and 5 yards sideways is what we usually see."

Where as with Tettey it''s; "Dally on the ball and pass to the opposition''s onrushing striker".

Really surprised to see Holt starting as the lone striker, think Kamara in his handful of games in that role has performed much better. Hope Holt proves me wrong though. Great to see Pilks in the team!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]" Dally on the ball and 5 yards sideways is what we usually see."

Where as with Tettey it''s; "Dally on the ball and pass to the opposition''s onrushing striker".[/quote]Surprisingly Tettey''s passing accuracy is 83.1%  Howson 79.4% and BJ 71.4%  None of the above do much more than put the ball 5 yards sideways. BJ does put a couple more longer balls forward a game than Tettey and Howson.

Rather a defensive team, except Howson for Tettey, with only one striker. Where will the goals come from? From Holt?

Where''s Ruddy, Becchio? The latter has 20 goals this season for Leeds, I think, but can''t even get on the bench.

I hope that CH will bring on subs early enough if we are making no impact - Bennett and Kei.

Not surprised, but a little disappointed.

as disappointed as I am with a couple of selections desperately wanting to have my fears rammed down my throat!!!

COYY

Baffling choices at times, Hughton, but if he gets a win today he''s done his job.

Becchio has been dropped from the squad after throwing a hissy fit and walking out of Carrow Road a few weeks back when he was left on the bench again, apparently - I would like to see him challenging for a place in the team though!