Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Attn. Lambert Lovers - He Wants Us To Go Down!!!

Lambert doesn''t want us to stay up, even if Villa stay up as well.  He also says that he did NOT punch his fist in the air because "I''ve too much respect for the fans at Norwich to do that"!

IF Villa are safe by the last day and losing to Wigan means we could get relegated, expect a Villa defeat -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4914351/Paul-Lambert-I-dont-care-if-Norwich-go-down.html

From memory it was a hell of an upper-cut so the usual b@ll0cks from him.

No respect for him as a man, thanks for what he did but he chose to leave the way he did, anyway, as there was legal proceedings going on at the time I would imagine noone at the club was able too bow and grovel a greeting to him anyway.

Class 1 t0$$er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3DlIrvoHg

The above is an interview Lambert did, detailing how he wants us to go down.

(somebody make it a link please)

In that article, he doesn''t say he "wants us to go down" - he says he doesn''t care if we go down or not.  There is a big difference in my view.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]In that article, he doesn''t say he "wants us to go down" - he says he doesn''t care if we go down or not.  There is a big difference in my view.

[/quote]

Seems pretty conclusive to me -

"He said: “There’s no sentiment in football. Would I prefer ourselves and Norwich to survive? No.............."

No doubt there''ll still be those giving him a good round of applause this afternoon.  What about a standing ovation?[:^)]

I was waiting for someone to do this!

He doesn''t WANT us to go down! He hasn''t said this. He is the Villa manager and only cares where they end up - isn''t that normal for all ex managers in the history of the game?

Cantiaci he said he doesn''t want us to stay up.  I can''t see where he said he doesn''t want us to go down???[:^)]

That would be an impossible contradiction from the man wouldn''t it?  If he doesn''t want us to survive, I think it''s fair to assume that he therefore must want us to go down.

He doesn''t want us to go down  - he doesn''t care about anyone other than Villa now.

Were you assuming he pined for Colchester''s promotion when he was our boss?

Don''t put words in his mouth we owe him more than that.

Cantiaci, well I got your attention didn''t I, Lambert Lover![;)]

I am not putting words in his mouth, YOU ARE!  I said he doesn''t want us to stay up and provided the quote to this.  You said he doesn''t want us to go down.  But failed to provide anything to substantiate your claim.  It''s you, who is putting words in his mouth!!!

WTF are you rambling on about with Colchester???[^o)]

As he is employed by Villa, his job is to do the best he can for Villa.I can''t see the problem with that.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]In that article, he doesn''t say he "wants us to go down" - he says he doesn''t care if we go down or not.  There is a big difference in my view.[/quote]

Seems pretty conclusive to me -

"He said: “There’s no sentiment in football. Would I prefer ourselves and Norwich to survive? No.............."

No doubt there''ll still be those giving him a good round of applause this afternoon.  What about a standing ovation?[:^)]

[/quote]Sorry, that isn''t conclusive and is open to interpretation.I interpret what he''s saying as "I want Villa to stay up and I don''t care what happens to any other club including Norwich."You interpret what he''s saying as "I want Villa to stay up and Norwich to go down."I disagree with your interpretation and your view that his words are conclusive.I still think he''s a dick though.