Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Is Worthy reading off the same song sheet as fans?

At the end of last season, it seemed almost as if Worthy was reading our minds (or our posts!!). At a time of utter desperation, he replaced Edders and Holt with Helveg and Safri, and also put Shackell in. We all know what happened after (cough 2-0 cough!)

Now Worthy has sold Mr Holt, and released Mr Edworthy. He is rumoured to be looking for someone to replace Flemo as well.

Do you think Worthy has seen the light, and is changing the errors of his ways?

Bit late now, innit?

After giving Eddie 30 odd games in the premiership, I find it outrageous that he is considered "dispensible" in the Championship. And Holt played a good 20 Premiership games, so is he not even capable of playing in the Championship?

I may be on Nigel''s back now, but he seems to be going about this "team rebuild" completely @rse about face.

There''s only so much you can do in one close season to be fair...there are rules, regulations and protocol to be followed. You can''t treat players like rubbish and expect to attract others...it''s a fine balance.

I''m just glad we''re moving things in the right direction again.

Maybe but if he''d read the fans minds a bit earlier and replaced Holt, Fleming and Edworthy 3 months before he did we probably would not have got relegated in the first place. Perhaps he is realising that the fans who watch the team week in week out do actually know what they are talking about!

Both Fleming & Holt have been magnificent servants for NCFC and Marc Edworthy too has contributed significantly to our progress. I would expect that Fleming & Edworthy could do a job in the Championship but not if we get promoted once again. Edworthy has already gone, now Holt and I expect Fleming to go but not until the end of the season when his contract expires. His determination, leadership qualities and professional demeanour will help both new & young players this season as he is clearly highly regarded amongst the playing & coaching staff. However, I hope that his contribution is more as a squad player than a regular first teamer''cos I believe we need to see a younger, bigger, faster centre back to develop the partnership with Shacks before we meet Arsenal et al next year.

[quote]Bit late now, innit? After giving Eddie 30 odd games in the premiership, I find it outrageous that he is considered "dispensible" in the Championship. And Holt played a good 20 Premiership games, so ...[/quote]

well mook,

maybe he has learnt his lesson, but unfourtuantly it had to be learnt the hard way. He obviously knows what he is doing, he got us into the promised land and i have full faith in him getting us back there aswell. Ofcourse along with everyone else on here i was angry about fulham, but mainly that was the players fault.... but then again did we get the full marks out of what we could have?

If we would have beaten palace, southampton and man city at home, this would be a totally different story!

Although unfourtuantly we didnt..................

As for reading the same script, i think he knows what hes doing (championship manager is a life saver for worthington at times!! :w00t

[quote]There''s only so much you can do in one close season to be fair...there are rules, regulations and protocol to be followed. You can''t treat players like rubbish and expect to attract others...it''s a fi...[/quote]

At last we know Campbell!, your ''right direction'' is defined by free dubious transfers, and not spending cash on proven players of quality.

It would be funny, if it wasn''t so bloody tragic!.  

[quote]At last we know Campbell!, your ''right direction'' is defined by free dubious transfers, and not spending cash on proven players of quality. It would be funny, if it wasn''t so bloody tragic!.[/quote]

Not again surely?

Yes, you''ve done it again...you''ve missed the point!

Tell me what the point is in spending any sum of money on players who are BACK UP players...you know, the players who wont actually make the starting XI unless we have an injury?

Its too early to tell yet if we are moving in the right direction... Worthy hasn''t spent any cash yet and I''m sure he has got some to spend!

- If we look at Jarrett being a replacement for Holt, it is a move in the right direction

- I don''t know about Louis-Jean yet, but I never rated Edworthy. He was good in the Championship but not good enough for the Premiership, so I agree with Worthy letting him go and happy to believe for now its a step in the right direction. If Helveg does go, I will be disappointed if we don''t get a better RB as I can''t see Louis-Jean being a replacement for Helveg''s quality. I think Helveg will stay though...

- If we get Primus as strongly rumoured, I will be happy. We needed a new, experienced CB

- If Francis goes as strongly rumoured, we will need a quality replacement, Jarrett doesn''t seem to be a Francis replacement to me. We needed a new CM anyway, this will mean another 2 required 1 of whom HAS to be Francis quality, else its a move in the wrong direction

I think Worthy knows as well as the fans who struggled last season, it was painfully obvious at times. Why did Edworthy/Holt get so many games? Thats been discussed to death on these boards and its history now, the main thing is that those that did struggle in the Premiership are being replaced, or getting stronger competition for their place. Lets hope that the new faces gel into the team quickly, or we will lose the advantage of the first 3 games of the season being at home!

[quote]At last we know Campbell!, your ''right direction'' is defined by free dubious transfers, and not spending cash on proven players of quality. It would be funny, if it wasn''t so bloody tragic!.[/quote]

Wiz, at what point did the transfer window close already?

I think you''ll find it hasn''t.

Therefore, how about you save your doom and gloom until we know how the squad will line-up for the new season.

[quote]Not again surely? Yes, you''ve done it again...you''ve missed the point! Tell me what the point is in spending any sum of money on players who are BACK UP players...you know, the players who wont actu...[/quote]

So in your own words Campbell, these good players of yours, are only back up players and NOT good enough to be in the starting 11, unless others are injured.

1. I''m sure they''ll be chuffed to read your honest opinion of them!.

2. Thanks for being foolish, and making my point for me!.

Croak, Croak. 

[quote]Wiz, at what point did the transfer window close already? I think you''ll find it hasn''t. Therefore, how about you save your doom and gloom until we know how the squad will line-up for the new season...[/quote]

I was replying to a poster, who seems to think, that two, in his own words ''back up'' players bought in on free transfers, was a move in the right direction.

I don''t think it is!, Stephen Frys Thingy.

But, I did not say Worthy won''t bring further players in, in fact, I KNOW he will and soon, magic see. 

I was questioning someone''s definition of ''right direction'' thats all.

Trust me, when you see who''s coming here, you''ll understand my point!. 

[quote]So in your own words Campbell, these good players of yours, are only back up players and NOT good enough to be in the starting 11, unless others are injured. 1. I''m sure they''ll be chuffed to read ...[/quote]

That''s THE POINT in having a squad But you continually miss that very important point...

We got rid of Holt and Edworthy (BACK UP players themselves) and replaced them with better ones; thus improving our squad...

It''s really not that hard to understand...keep trying though

[quote]That''s THE POINT in having a squad But you continually miss that very important point... We got rid of Holt and Edworthy (BACK UP players themselves) and replaced them with better ones; thus impro...[/quote]

Shall we agree to differ on this Campbell?.

I don''t think Louis-Jean (however its spelt!) is better than Edworthy, that''s a debatable point, yes?

I agree with you that Jarrett, could be a useful addition to the squad.

What I''m not prepared to debate is your name calling (Xenophobe, Hypocrite etc) p**s taking and and your general rudeness.

Untill and if, that common ground is reached between us, I will refrain from replying to your posts.

This board is about NCFC, and not our petty squabbling, no matter who is to blame for it!.

But I love your arguements!!! Carry on!!!

You both bring up good reasoning to back up the arguements but Campbell talks a bit more sense.

[quote]But I love your arguements!!! Carry on!!! You both bring up good reasoning to back up the arguements but Campbell talks a bit more sense.[/quote]

Sorry Jamie. No can do.

I''ve said all I have to say on this matter, and to be honest, I am gettng a little bored with it all!.

This is not after all, the 1st wizard and Campbell show.

As for any future ''slagging''; shows for your entertainment, I''ve laid out my stall and views on this!.

Or to put it more simply, no chance!, sorry mate.