Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Idiotic booing at the Hoolahan substitution...

Did they not understand how poorly Wes had played, he gave the ball away with virtually every touch and looked as weak as usual.

Fair play to Kei, he came on and won several aerial duels while working hard off the ball.

Next week we MUST start with two up front.

Hoolahan was doing pretty well, I thought. The boo''s were stupid, yes.

He was superb in the first half, poor in the second. But then so were the entire team.

Things clearly needed changing, and Hoolahan was just the first player to be switched - the booing was a bit odd

The fact is that Wes (having played pretty well in the first half) was absolute gash for the 15 minutes or so before he was taken off.

And didn''t we score about 4 minutes after he was substituted?

We needed to bring another striker on, Wes was unlucky. Seriously who else would people have taken off? Snoddy , Pilks?

How about playing Wes behind two strikers in a game that we needed to win (and were losing at that point), rather than taking him off?

I''m surprised that Hughton didn''t bring Tettey on for him instead, as that seems to be the BS logic he''s applied for most of the season.......

The substitutions followed the usual pattern of a manager with no idea how to change a game. The shambling substitution Garrido at the end summed up Chris Hughtons manage,net for me

[quote user="Vanwink"]The substitutions followed the usual pattern of a manager with no idea how to change a game. The shambling substitution Garrido at the end summed up Chris Hughtons manage,net for me[/quote]Okay I''ll bite.Theres two minutes left on the clock, we have just had a late goal scored against us, the manager takes off a defender and puts on a striker.What the frikken hell else do you expect him to bloody do?

Garrido has the ball in his hands to take a throw in nobody knows what''s going on, all the players stand around in the middle of the pitch looking at each other, the clock ticks on, it''s a joke!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Garrido has the ball in his hands to take a throw in nobody knows what''s going on, all the players stand around in the middle of the pitch looking at each other, the clock ticks on, it''s a joke![/quote]Don''t avoid the question, what else would you expect the manager to do, other than take off a defender, and bring on a striker?

If you didn''t see the shambles on the pitch during that substitution you couldn''t have been there

[quote user="Vanwink"]If you didn''t see the shambles on the pitch during that substitution you couldn''t have been there[/quote]Yes I was there, I can only assume they couldn''t get the board working or something.But tou are still avoiding my question, 2 minutes to go, the manager takes off a defender and brings on a striker, what else do you think he should have done?

It was a ridiculous, but predictable, decision to take Wes off. It was a match we needed to win. I''d have sacrificed Johnson or a defender. 7-2 now.

I was surprised at the booing - and don''t forget the subsequent chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' from the Barclay - but I think it was aimed more at the fact that Pilks was pretty poor all game and Wes was involved in most of our forward play before that point. Not supporting the booing but that''s the logic

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I was surprised at the booing - and don''t forget the subsequent chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' from the Barclay - but I think it was aimed more at the fact that Pilks was pretty poor all game and Wes was involved in most of our forward play before that point. Not supporting the booing but that''s the logic[/quote]Pilks was poor, really?

Stop being dense, the shambles that surrounded the substitution was a graphic illustration of the shambolic way way our manager has managed, or failed to manage, the use of substitutes to change a game. Of course he had to bring a striker on but by then it was too late. We should already have points in the bag from earlier games such as Reading away if he had used substitutions properly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I was surprised at the booing - and don''t forget the subsequent chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' from the Barclay - but I think it was aimed more at the fact that Pilks was pretty poor all game and Wes was involved in most of our forward play before that point. Not supporting the booing but that''s the logic[/quote]Pilks was poor, really?[/quote]

I believe so, yes. I''m not going to roll out statistics or win percentages but I just thought he had a poor game. In his defence, I just think he looked rusty from not being played much recently.

Do you think Pilks played better than Wes?

Pilks and Snoddy had good games for me, but he set the team. Up with the intention of plying wide and getting crosses into the box, which we did, but there was never anyone in the box to get on the end of them. What''s the point in that, he doesn''t know what he''s doing!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I was surprised at the booing - and don''t forget the subsequent chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' from the Barclay - but I think it was aimed more at the fact that Pilks was pretty poor all game and Wes was involved in most of our forward play before that point. Not supporting the booing but that''s the logic[/quote]Pilks was poor, really?[/quote]

I believe so, yes. I''m not going to roll out statistics or win percentages but I just thought he had a poor game. In his defence, I just think he looked rusty from not being played much recently.

Do you think Pilks played better than Wes?[/quote]Comparing two different players playing in two different positions is like comparing an apple to an orange.I thought Pilks did okay today, and I thought Wes faded in the second half, but he was subbed for a tactical reason, not based on how he was playing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I was surprised at the booing - and don''t forget the subsequent chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' from the Barclay - but I think it was aimed more at the fact that Pilks was pretty poor all game and Wes was involved in most of our forward play before that point. Not supporting the booing but that''s the logic[/quote]Pilks was poor, really?[/quote]

Do you think Pilks played better than Wes?[/quote]Comparing two different players playing in two different positions is like comparing an apple to an orange.I thought Pilks did okay today, and I thought Wes faded in the second half, but he was subbed for a tactical reason, not based on how he was playing.[/quote]

No, it''s like comparing one member of a starting XI with another... You wanted to know why people were booing, Morty: I gave you my assumption. Take it as you wish

[quote user="Vanwink"]Pilks and Snoddy had good games for me, but he set the team. Up with the intention of plying wide and getting crosses into the box, which we did, but there was never anyone in the box to get on the end of them. What''s the point in that, he doesn''t know what he''s doing![/quote]So you have no answer to my question about substituting a defender for a striker then?Didn''t think so.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I was surprised at the booing - and don''t forget the subsequent chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' from the Barclay - but I think it was aimed more at the fact that Pilks was pretty poor all game and Wes was involved in most of our forward play before that point. Not supporting the booing but that''s the logic[/quote]Pilks was poor, really?[/quote]

Do you think Pilks played better than Wes?[/quote]Comparing two different players playing in two different positions is like comparing an apple to an orange.I thought Pilks did okay today, and I thought Wes faded in the second half, but he was subbed for a tactical reason, not based on how he was playing.[/quote]

No, it''s like comparing one member of a starting XI with another... You wanted to know why people were booing, Morty: I gave you my assumption. Take it as you wish[/quote]They were booing for various reasons.Some still think Wes is the messiah, and I was honestly pleasantly surprised when he wasn''t made MOTM.Some people are to stupid to realise that sometimes even when a player  is playing well, he may need to be subbed for tactical reasons.

Wes was subbed for tactical reasons, but for the wrong one''s. I don''t think playing two up front over hoolahan and holt made us look much more effective. Hoolahan could have played behind them two and we could have sacrificed Howson or similar.

We faded in the second half but still looked more liekly to create something than anyone else on the pitch

[quote user="hogesar"]Wes was subbed for tactical reasons, but for the wrong one''s. I don''t think playing two up front over hoolahan and holt made us look much more effective. Hoolahan could have played behind them two and we could have sacrificed Howson or similar.[/quote]Funny how we can all see this, apart from the one guy that matters - the guy in charge...

[quote user="Vanwink"]You really are clutching at straws ![/quote]Nope.I am merely proving that you are nothing better than a pathetic troll, who actually knows fork all about football.