Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

No shots on target again?!

I watched the game today and don''t really remember a shot on target again...abysmal, shocking and disgraceful...I genuinely feel angry at how we have played and how poor we have been in so many games. How can anyone back Hughton and say '' this isn''t his squad''. People weren''t saying that when we went unbeaten in 10 games. I''m glad I know that McNally is ruthless in the firing business. Don''t know if Hughton should be in charge IF we go down

I watched on a stream....we started the game well. I feel bad for Jackson....could we start Jackson and becchio next week? I think Kamara may have played his last game and holt is struggling I think. Althought great penalty today given his Southampton miss.

I think his job will be gone if we go down. A big chunk of fans are after his head now and it will be nigh on impossible to win them around. I fear there would be another Burnley situation if he stays.

Yes two shots ...really making the goalie work..we must have the lowest shot ration in the league ..I am sure they do not realise scoring is actually the whole point of the game..remember the good old days when we used to attack and score goals from open play..?

CH really has ruined our team...same players complete lack of ambition...wonder what Ricky is thinking right now???

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]I watched on a stream....we started the game well. I feel bad for Jackson....could we start Jackson and becchio next week? I think Kamara may have played his last game and holt is struggling I think. Althought great penalty today given his Southampton miss.[/quote]Lol, Jackson and Becchio are not the answer.

Jackson and becchio may not be the answer for many...but can we give it a go? Can''t be any worse surely? I''m puzzled by becchios lack of action and Jacksons...he''s the only one with pace up top!

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Jackson and becchio may not be the answer for many...but can we give it a go? Can''t be any worse surely? I''m puzzled by becchios lack of action and Jacksons...he''s the only one with pace up top![/quote]Next Saturday really isn''t the time for experimenting.Despite the scoreline, I don''t think we played badly today, and I certainly remember more shots on goal than you seem to have.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, Jackson and Becchio are not the answer.[/quote]Maybe not, but it would be hard to for them to do much worse than the rest of our strikers have done for the majority of the season, and that''s coming from someone who really doesn''t rate Jackson at all at this level!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]Lol, Jackson and Becchio are not the answer.[/quote]Maybe not, but it would be hard to for them to do much worse than the rest of our strikers have done for the majority of the season, and that''s coming from someone who really doesn''t rate Jackson at all at this level![/quote]Ah so we''re back to the "Any player not doing well enough in training, and not getting picked by the manager, is obviously the answer to our problems" argument again?Ok[Y]

The problem with not experimenting is that Hughton hasn''t done this all season. He could have mixed it up a bit and given players like Jackson more of a role. But hasn''t. Not at any point has he decided to really mix it up especially in this current horrible situation of only winning 2 in 19... Or something like that.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]The problem with not experimenting is that Hughton hasn''t done this all season. He could have mixed it up a bit and given players like Jackson more of a role. But hasn''t. Not at any point has he decided to really mix it up especially in this current horrible situation of only winning 2 in 19... Or something like that.[/quote]As far as I know we don''t have any world class players sat wasting on the bench, now if we have, and Hughton is leaving them out, just for $hits and giggles, then shame on him.Theres probably a wee bit more to picking a Premiership team than you may think.

Clueless management yet again, a continuation of what has been so obvious for so long, the man is a clown!

To be honest though...we can''t do any worse...give becchio and Jackson a go up front and just see what happens. We haven''t got any world class players on the bench..but niether are the current first team. Where the heck was ruddy today also. To much uncertainty and confusion around at the club for my small mind to handle!

I was hoping for Holt and Becchio up front. I''d have settled for Holt and Kamara in a 4-4-2. I wanted Hoolahan and then he was taken off. Why? We''re paying the price for Hughton''s post- Christmas negative tactics. Such a waste.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I was hoping for Holt and Becchio up front. I''d have settled for Holt and Kamara in a 4-4-2. I wanted Hoolahan and then he was taken off. Why? We''re paying the price for Hughton''s post- Christmas negative tactics. Such a waste.[/quote]

It''s a sad day but has been coming for a long time.

Problem is that the manager has got the "balance" (which he often talks about) wrong. He''s gone too far one way and it has killed us as an attacking force.

Hard to see him ever turning it around now.

[quote user="morty"]Ah so we''re back to the "Any player not doing well enough in training, and not getting picked by the manager, is obviously the answer to our problems" argument again?Ok[Y][/quote]Not playing so negatively, and going for draws for half a season could be the answer.  Too late for that now.  Hughton''s inability to use the squad had left him with no options.  those not in the first XI barely get a sniff these days.  Even players who came in and did an excellent job this season like Whittaker have barely played. Compare that to last season where quite often Lambert would shake things up.Hoot shaking things up usually involves playing extra defensive midfielders, or sitting deeper.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]Ah so we''re back to the "Any player not doing well enough in training, and not getting picked by the manager, is obviously the answer to our problems" argument again?Ok[Y][/quote]Not playing so negatively, and going for draws for half a season could be the answer.  Too late for that now.  Hughton''s inability to use the squad had left him with no options.  those not in the first XI barely get a sniff these days.  Even players who came in and did an excellent job this season like Whittaker have barely played. Compare that to last season where quite often Lambert would shake things up.Hoot shaking things up usually involves playing extra defensive midfielders, or sitting deeper.[/quote]You applying for teh job when it comes up then?I mean, you seem to have all the answers.

Something that particularly disappointed me today is that Villa have got well known problems with dealing with balls into the box and we didn''t do enough to exploit that.

[quote user="GJP"]Something that particularly disappointed me today is that Villa have got well known problems with dealing with balls into the box and we didn''t do enough to exploit that.[/quote]

well thats what happens when the centre forward is cluelessly wandering around

[quote user="morty"]You applying for teh job when it comes up then?I mean, you seem to have all the answers.[/quote]It''s all well and good saying that we know nothing because we''re not

managers etc (and you''re right to a large extent), but when something

clearly ISN''T working and we are playing some of the most negative,

defensive football ever seen by the fans, along with being on a horrific

run of poor results and in danger of being relegated - how the hell can you defend the guy so

strongly???It''s not about being a negative ''pant wetter'' or

refusing to get behind your team, it''s about giving the team your full

support, but feeling that the guy in charge is letting it all down and

that there''s virtually nothing we can do to change it.So please, come on Morty, drop all the pretenses and all the other associated stuff and give us an honest and fair answer - do you honestly think that Hughton has got it right for the majority of the season, and if so at least give us genuine reasons why you feel this way?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]You applying for teh job when it comes up then?I mean, you seem to have all the answers.[/quote]It''s all well and good saying that we know nothing because we''re not

managers etc (and you''re right to a large extent), but when something

clearly ISN''T working and we are playing some of the most negative,

defensive football ever seen by the fans, along with being on a horrific

run of poor results and in danger of being relegated - how the hell can you defend the guy so

strongly???It''s not about being a negative ''pant wetter'' or

refusing to get behind your team, it''s about giving the team your full

support, but feeling that the guy in charge is letting it all down and

that there''s virtually nothing we can do to change it.So please, come on Morty, drop all the pretenses and all the other associated stuff and give us an honest and fair answer - do you honestly think that Hughton has got it right for the majority of the season, and if so at least give us genuine reasons why you feel this way?[/quote]No, there are a lot of things he has got wrong, I''m not stupid.But I have enough awareness of the bigger picture to not have a tantrum on here every time something goes wrong.This was always going to be a difficult, transitional season. The messiah left, knowing full well that his blitzkreig football would likely have got us relegated this season (frankly the only reason Villa haven''t been already is a lucky buy in Bentecke) and Hughton has had to cut his cloth according to the standard of players we currently have here.Yes, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, because Chris Hughton is a Premiership manager, and well, you''re not.