Sign in to follow this  
AA

Hughton Backers

Do you really think he is the right manager for us. Have you looked at the stats. I dont know many managers to have kept their job after such a run of games... I just cant believe it and im obviously frustrated.

And if i recall correctly, we were free flowing and scoring for fun last season. We arguably have better players this season too.

Sadly for us, its over, even if we beat west brom i think we will go down on goal diff now that wigan beat west brom away. Fair play to them, they know how to score and win.

I sincerely hope i have egg on my face at the end of the season but many of us could have seen this coming... man city away?!

Its been in our hands and we are throwing it away.

Sadly, many players that would have been released in the summer (and surely they know it if the fans can tell it), will keep their jobs and not have to uproot if we are relegated. Its all been too obvious this season.

I don''t think he''s the right man anymore.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, up until that Villa winner.

While I agree we''ve had some poor officials costing us points. Our performances are just too erratic. We clearly have players who can play football, we can play with pace and urgency. We just don''t too much of the time. Its very very annoying. The first half today, the first 15/20 mins of each half against Reading we''re perfect examples of the good football we can play. Arsenal away and at home, examples of how we can be a difficult team to play. The consistency not only game to game, but during games is getting too much to handle.

Pretty sure that if we go down, Hughton will be sacked.If we stay up, Hughton needs to be given until December to show better football and better end product.He signs pretty good players, so I''m not worried about letting him use the transfer budget.There are glimpses of good attacking football (e.g. first half today) but these are stuck in amongst some absolutely turgid "anti-football" performances.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If we stay up, Hughton needs to be given until December to show better football and better end product.[/quote]I really don''t get this logic Chops.We already have a squad that''s shown they can play good football at this level, in fact, we''ve actually got a BETTER squad than the one we had under Lambert that turned in some great performances.If Hughton cannot change and improve things over 36 games of a season, why the hell is he suddenly going to improve massively over the summer???It''s not like we''ve simply got a crappy squad that no-one expects to perform to a decent level, like many recently promoted clubs have to deal with, it''s mainly down to the tactics and methodology applied by Hughton to our squad that is costing us so badly IMHO.Assuming we stay up, sign more players in the summer and Hughton stays on, what possible indication has the guy given us that it won''t simply be the same dire, turgid rubbish that he''s served up all season this year, but simply with slightly better players being made to look crap instead of existing team???

He should be sacked at the end of the season, whatever happens.We will have a great budget for players in the summer and I don''t trust this clown with the cash. Don''t let him spunk the budget to be replaced in December leaving a new manager no cash and a poor squad.

I can''t see the point in giving someone another 6 months when the last 12 have told their own story.

I don''t see other clubs sticking with mediocre, they at least try something new.

If, and its looking a big if, we stay up my vote would be trying something new.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2013-05-04 9:12 PM:

I don''t think he''s the right man anymore.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, up until that Villa winner.

While I agree we''ve had some poor officials costing us points. Our performances are just too erratic. We clearly have players who can play football, we can play with pace and urgency. We just don''t too much of the time. Its very very annoying. The first half today, the first 15/20 mins of each half against Reading we''re perfect examples of the good football we can play. Arsenal away and at home, examples of how we can be a difficult team to play. The consistency not only game to game, but during games is getting too much to handle.

Well well well, the main man who attacked me all season when from the word go I stated that Hughton was not the man for NCFC. But you were not alone GP, et al City 1st, Herman, Mungo, LDC, Mister chops and many more - all the insults came my way, pant wetter etc etc etc - you think I am happy with today - how wrong you all are. I will say it again, 2 wins from the last 18, win ratio of 22% - I rest my case, Hughton is not the man to manage our club - he has no idea, and neither do his coaches on the finesse of how to pay constructive football - the one playmaker on the pitch today he too off! Says it all. Taxi for Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope please mr McNally.

I''m torn between sacking Hughton in the summer, and letting him have some time.

Teams under the same manager can have wildly differing results season to season. Just ask Alan Pardew. From the NCFC point of view it will most likely be down to the plan Chris Hughton puts forwards to his bosses, for next season.

He lacks confidence in the Premiership, Newcastle "Mike Ashley" ruined him. At Birmingham he had little to none pressure and the man over achieved.

It all goes back to the 3 game period at the end of the 10 game run for me. We lost away to WBA after being ahead and then lost by the odd goal to the current European and Premier League Champions. Hughton over reacted to those 3 consecutive defeats and went ultra cautious. Since then we''ve lacked the balls to go and win a game, so many winnable matches have come and gone with just a point or a narrow defeat after creating next to nothing. There''s only 1 thing that playing with fear gets you, and that is relegated. Sincerely hope I''m wrong, but I honestly can''t see us beating WBA next week with him in charge.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Pretty sure that if we go down, Hughton will be sacked.If we stay up, Hughton needs to be given until December to show better football and better end product.He signs pretty good players, so I''m not worried about letting him use the transfer budget.There are glimpses of good attacking football (e.g. first half today) but these are stuck in amongst some absolutely turgid "anti-football" performances.[/quote]I''m not sure. I''m expecting us to go down and the fans to force him out.Problem is, who would you replace him with? Who has experience of want-away players who think they''re Premiership quality? Who can deal with the opposition coming to park the bus every week and the fans getting restless?Wolves (minus Jarvis & Kightly) but still with Doyle, Roger Johnson, Jamie O''Hara etc dropped straight down to league one. Blackburn (minus Hoillett and Yakubu) finished 4 points off the drop zone after Steve Kean was forced out. Bolton rallied strongly under Dougie Freedman, but still finished outside of the play-offs. Makes me think what bad teams they were last season.

The problem wasn''t todays game in all fairness. I don''t think we''re bad at home although we''re not the most entertaining. We weren''t even that bad today, not really, if you sit back and look at it as a neutral.

The problem does stem however from not really knowing how to set us up away from home unless it''s against one of the `big teams`. Not mustering a shot on target is v.v.poor and i think we should have looked to get more points out of our away games if im honest.

We are the New Stoke!

So so at home and awful away. That equals relegation or thereabouts every season. Hughton''s tactics do not work with the type of squad we have. With better players, it would be different.

Lambert would big up players, who he probably knew deep down weren''t the best, but made them feel special and therefore got more out of them.

Hughton has that look of a man who doesn''t think his squad is good enough and as a result the players know that too. I thought he was a good appointment at first, a safe pair of hands who could keep us up and play decent football to boot.

The man has been so negative that he has sucked the creative soul out of the side and every game is a struggle.

Whether we stay up or go down, Hughton is not the right type of manager for NCFC and his demise is inevitable.

[quote user="basil brush"]We are the New Stoke!

So so at home and awful away. That equals relegation or thereabouts every season. Hughton''s tactics do not work with the type of squad we have. With better players, it would be different.

Lambert would big up players, who he probably knew deep down weren''t the best, but made them feel special and therefore got more out of them.

Hughton has that look of a man who doesn''t think his squad is good enough and as a result the players know that too. I thought he was a good appointment at first, a safe pair of hands who could keep us up and play decent football to boot.

The man has been so negative that he has sucked the creative soul out of the side and every game is a struggle.

Whether we stay up or go down, Hughton is not the right type of manager for NCFC and his demise is inevitable.[/quote]Nail on head. 

Sack the looser now, give the final two games to Neil Adams and then sort out a manger quick sharp so they have the hole of the close season for player buying and team bonding.

its funny how all these people are now waking up to the 5h1t job mr

hughton has done and are only now getting worried, it seems to be a lot

of the people who would berate those of us that had been complaining about

the way he set out his stall from early on in the season, in fact there

was quite a lot of abuse thrown at those of us who could see it wasnt

working early on but we were told to have faith, trust in hughton, hes

rebuilding blah blah blah etc

nothings changed, hes continued

with the same rubbish all season, it doesnt work,he cant see it that much is clear, him and his backroom

staff are obviously clueless. I feel sorry for the players, they look like theyve been shackled by the man in charge and his style/tactics/call it what you like. We look like a completely different team to last season, and its essentially the same squad with a few improvements.and again he will send out the same rubbish and try to hold on for a draw against wba, nothing will change

Hughton out

He has managed to fail to win a game against our relegation rivals since Christmas. Even a point today, at Stoke, or at Wigan would have been massive. Poor manager, results and performance wise.

I hope he goes whatever Division we are in. It all started on the opening day - pathetic performance and he made out It was an honour to be playing against Fulham.

A disaster by McNally, and he should have sorted it earlier.

Hughton is a choker - not a winner. One good season as a manager when he had by far the best players in the Division.

No Ruddy?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mister Chops"]If we stay up, Hughton needs to be given until December to show better football and better end product.[/quote]I really don''t get this logic Chops.We already have a squad that''s shown they can play good football at this level, in fact, we''ve actually got a BETTER squad than the one we had under Lambert that turned in some great performances.If Hughton cannot change and improve things over 36 games of a season, why the hell is he suddenly going to improve massively over the summer???It''s not like we''ve simply got a crappy squad that no-one expects to perform to a decent level, like many recently promoted clubs have to deal with, it''s mainly down to the tactics and methodology applied by Hughton to our squad that is costing us so badly IMHO.Assuming we stay up, sign more players in the summer and Hughton stays on, what possible indication has the guy given us that it won''t simply be the same dire, turgid rubbish that he''s served up all season this year, but simply with slightly better players being made to look crap instead of existing team???[/quote]Our squad is thin, but Hughton has strengthened it.  Bassong has been a godsend or we''d already be down.  Bunn was a smart signing given Ruddy''s unfortunate injury.  Hughton has been unlucky with injuries, but I won''t make too much of that as it hasn''t been a massive influence on our season.  After all, Andrew Surman wasn''t ever going to be the answer to our prayers.My feeling is this season has been about survival with what Hughton''s inherited, and we are pushing that right to the wire which is awful and perplexing, frankly.  I can''t say why things have gone so tits up in the last few weeks, and speculating is unhelpful.  But I do think Hughton has bought well and strengthened the squad from the back first, possibly in keeping with the "don''t get beaten" philosophy.  I honestly think he would bring in some exciting midfield talent in the summer and give us a bit more creativity and guile, but we may not find out if that''s going to be the case.Our season now basically comes down to one game, which is WBA at home.  Will a "don''t get beaten" philosophy work for us?  Probably not.  We simply must win.  I don''t know if "must win" figures in the current management''s book of tactics.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I don''t know if "must win" figures in the current management''s book of tactics.

[/quote]

He''d better ask Lambert to borrow his then.