Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich Vs. Aston Villa Official Match Thread

you cant keep picking a defensive midfield partnership with a worse than 50% losing record that cant pass create or tackle and expect to survive.

kamara and tettey two quality footballers on the bench in place of hard working work horses who are out of form or cant use the ball.

You dont win games that way.

2 wins in 19 games and football that is not even that good.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]First half. We were brilliant. Good passing, getting the ball forward, were only really threatened twice all half.

But we didn''t take advantage. [/quote]We did ok, but didn''t threaten.  A couple of free kicks and corners aside.  Created bugger all from open play all game.  Created bugger all from open play since Christmas.Wigan win, we lost.  Let the bed-wetting commence.  If Wigan beat Swansea midweek we are deep in the brown stuff.

If I could swear on here the swear dictionary would be out

Houghton is a no good waste of space and his back room staff are worse. We are going down and deserve it!!!

The first half was safe and pretty - but in our own half - where was the threat on goal? Again it was non existant. Villa happy to let us have the ball as we could not hurt them in our own half.

In this League you have to go for wins. I''ve said it over and over, and now it''s too late methinks.  

That''s exactly it CJF - we play OKay football, but we simply just don''t create enough chances in front of goal, let alone take our chances in front of goal! Set pieces are the only real way we''ve scored most of our goals this season!

It''s so sad, and rather alarming, that it has come to us depending on other teams to keep us out of the brown stuff.

I''ll be donning a sheepskin fleece midweek.

[quote user="paul moy"]In this League you have to go for wins. I''ve said it over and over, and now it''s too late methinks.  [/quote]

Going for the win cost us three points today

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"]Well, if Wigan win their game in-hand, we''ll still be above them due to alphabetical order......

[/quote]

Duh... If they win they go above us on GD. You can''t win a game without scoring!

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="paul moy"]In this League you have to go for wins. I''ve said it over and over, and now it''s too late methinks.  [/quote] Going for the win cost us three points today[/quote]

Yeah, but not going for wins in many away games has cost a hell of a lot more points. Stoke, Newcastle etc etc.  

[quote user="Divs crew"]Think u will find its arsenalv wigan on Tuesday[/quote]

Aptly named aren''t you, they play Swansea. At home.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="paul moy"]In this League you have to go for wins. I''ve said it over and over, and now it''s too late methinks.  [/quote] Going for the win cost us three points today[/quote]

Yeah, but not going for wins in many away games has cost a hell of a lot more points. Stoke, Newcastle etc etc.  

[/quote]

On today''s evidence going for it would have turned many of those draws into losses.

That Villa winner was so cruel. I''m shattered. Overall I thought we played well today with some crisp football and penetrative thrusts along the wings but once again we failed produce a clinical finish in and around the penalty area. There was something suspiciously similar with Villa''s opener and the Reading goal where we backed off and invited the shot.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="paul moy"]In this League you have to go for wins. I''ve said it over and over, and now it''s too late methinks.  [/quote]

Going for the win cost us three points today[/quote]We had to bring subs on to score a goal because we went one behind.  Villa have a decent away record, it was always going to be a tough game.  The simple fact is, given our position at Christmas, it should have never come to this. If we go down, it won''t be due to the result today.  It will be games like the one against Newcastle at Carrow Road where we played out a dismal 0-0 draw against clueless opposition.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote] On today''s evidence going for it would have turned many of those draws into losses.[/quote]

Yes, but with a few wins and more losses we''d have more points because a win is 3 points !!!! It''s worth the risk  and Wigan know it, so why can''t we understand that.

Please stop sugar coating it!!!!

We were poor defence and goalkeeper not good enough!! Manager worse record to still be in the a job sack the board and manager.

Piss poor going down Wigan have fight we don''t

Dissapointed in my home team. We are terrible championship here we come

I said weeks ago, if we can''t beat two of Reading, Aston Villa and West Brom at home, then we deserve to go down - we''ve still got one game to go at home, but I''m not filled with confidence

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="paul moy"]In this League you have to go for wins. I''ve said it over and over, and now it''s too late methinks.  [/quote]

Going for the win cost us three points today[/quote]We had to bring subs on to score a goal because we went one behind.  Villa have a decent away record, it was always going to be a tough game.  The simple fact is, given our position at Christmas, it should have never come to this. If we go down, it won''t be due to the result today.  It will be games like the one against Newcastle at Carrow Road where we played out a dismal 0-0 draw against clueless opposition.[/quote]

We went one behind because we left ourselves open to a quick counter attack. We then went one behind again for exactly the same reason.

Result - no points. A dismal 0-0 draw would have given us a point

Gutted, but a win against West Brom next week, when Villa play Chelsea, we''ll be on 41 points. I''m not saying i''m confident of getting the win but it''s not totally unlikely either and with the other fixtures the other teams have i think we''d have enough.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]We went one behind because we left ourselves open to a quick counter attack. We then went one behind again for exactly the same reason.

Result - no points. A dismal 0-0 draw would have given us a point[/quote]We played a side on a good run of form. The table does not lie.  We have been total shite since Christmas. What is it, 2 wins in 20 games or something.After Wigan play Swansea on Wednesday? we could be a single point of goal difference above the relegation zone.  It really is coming down to a must win game against West Brom next weekend. Lose that and we are down. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]We went one behind because we left ourselves open to a quick counter attack. We then went one behind again for exactly the same reason.

Result - no points. A dismal 0-0 draw would have given us a point[/quote]We played a side on a good run of form. The table does not lie.  We have been total shite since Christmas. What is it, 2 wins in 20 games or something.After Wigan play Swansea on Wednesday? we could be a single point of goal difference above the relegation zone.  It really is coming down to a must win game against West Brom next weekend. Lose that and we are down.  [/quote]

Everything you say is true - which is why we needed a point today.

If it does all go tits up and we are relegated by a point or by goal difference then we should look at today''s loss when we opened ourselves up at the back and earned zero points, rather than the point we gained against Newcastle etc.

"After Wigan play Swansea on Wednesday? we could be a single point of goal difference above the relegation zone. It really is coming down to a must win game against West Brom next weekend. Lose that and we are down. "

Yes, if Wigan beat Swansea, they will then be above us on goal difference, we''ll only be above Newcastle on goal difference, and maybe above Sunderland if they manage to lose at home to Stoke....

We''ll probably get hammered at the Etihad, so we need to be above other teams on points before the last day to give ourselves a chance

Yet again we were just very ordinary. We worked hard, but looked clueless going forward. Hoolahan had a dire afternoon. He looked like a player with no confidence and gave the ball away constantly. Should have started 4-4-2 for me and why Elliott Bennett doesn''t play is beyond me, but I guess I have to make my peace that everyone seems to be in love with Snodgrass.

Overall 2-1 Villa was about right. They had two excellent chances at 1-0 and they looked dangerous going forward. Agbonlahor is inconsistent, but today he was superb. Just shows how much pace can do, something our side is entirely lacking.

I don''t think we''ll survive on 38 points, we will lose at Man City, so we have to get something against WBA. The fact that Hughton has allowed it to get to this point from where we were after 17 games is ridiculous. The Hughton apologists must be tiring of defending him. His style is what I think of as non-football, non- tactics and non-management. Just pick a side that is "hard to beat", cross you arms, never change it and hope for the best.

Whatever happens over the next two games I think he should be sacked. 2 wins in 20 games, negative football throughout is simply not good enough. He then comes out on the radio and talks his usual rubbish, which just shows that he will never change his style.

Our best hope now is to pray that Wigan or Newcastle capitulate.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]We went one behind because we left ourselves open to a quick counter attack. We then went one behind again for exactly the same reason.

Result - no points. A dismal 0-0 draw would have given us a point[/quote]We played a side on a good run of form. The table does not lie.  We have been total shite since Christmas. What is it, 2 wins in 20 games or something.After Wigan play Swansea on Wednesday? we could be a single point of goal difference above the relegation zone.  It really is coming down to a must win game against West Brom next weekend. Lose that and we are down.  [/quote]

Everything you say is true - which is why we needed a point today.

If it does all go tits up and we are relegated by a point or by goal difference then we should look at today''s loss when we opened ourselves up at the back and earned zero points, rather than the point we gained against Newcastle etc.[/quote]Opened up attempting to win today 0 points. Opened up attempting to beat Everton today 3 points. = 3 points(In actual fact we didn''t really open up to try and win, we did so because we were losing.)Played out dismal 0-0 draws against Newcastle and Fulham = 2 pointsIf we go down, it is because of the negative football we have played since Christmas. Playing for draws.