Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Your choice... Hughton or Lambert

Lambert,who can argue against such an obvious choice

[quote user="Vanwink"]Lambert,who can argue against such an obvious choice[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/dingy1010/media/troll_spray.jpg.html][IMG]http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/dingy1010/troll_spray.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You really don''t like it if someone has a different view to yourself do you Morty. Bit of insecurity there isn''t there!

[quote user="Vanwink"]You really don''t like it if someone has a different view to yourself do you Morty. Bit of insecurity there isn''t there![/quote]Not in the slightest. You are the one making broad, sweeping statements about people who have a different opinion to you.And clearly trying to stir the brown stuff.[:)]

[quote user="Vanwink"]You really don''t like it if someone has a different view to yourself do you Morty. Bit of insecurity there isn''t there![/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/dingy1010/media/troll_spray.jpg.html][IMG]http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/dingy1010/troll_spray.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bobert"]Well Morty it seems the "chosen one" is coming back to Chelsea so you could be wrong in Lamberts case. Liked or not at the Club the fans loved Lambert. He did some wonderful things and the idea that 90% of the fans prefer Hughton to Lambert has got to be for the birds.[/quote]

He was the right man at the right time, but I think, tactically he is very limited, and he will get found out at Villa.

Hughton, given time, will prove himself to be the more complete manager, he has a grown up style, as opposed to Paul Lamberts angry teenager.

Somebody else said earlier in the thread that they believe we would have been relegated if Lambert was still here this season. I''m inclined to agree.
[/quote]

This is the funniest thing I''ve read on here for ages.

I wonder how many games this season Villa have had no shots at goal. That''s really what you call limited going 90 minutes without one shot on goal, and, I believe on more than one occaision this season.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bobert"]Well Morty it seems the "chosen one" is coming back to Chelsea so you could be wrong in Lamberts case. Liked or not at the Club the fans loved Lambert. He did some wonderful things and the idea that 90% of the fans prefer Hughton to Lambert has got to be for the birds.[/quote]

He was the right man at the right time, but I think, tactically he is very limited, and he will get found out at Villa.Hughton, given time, will prove himself to be the more complete manager, he has a grown up style, as opposed to Paul Lamberts angry teenager.Somebody else said earlier in the thread that they believe we would have been relegated if Lambert was still here this season. I''m inclined to agree.[/quote]

I wonder how many games this season Villa have had no shots at goal. That''s really what you call limited going 90 minutes without one shot on goal, and, I believe on more than one occaision this season.

[/quote]You''re clearly pretty easily amused then.Lamberts "It doesn''t matter how many you score, we''ll just score more" tactic really will only work for so long, mainly until sides work out your rather one dimensional strategy, bit like Keegan''s time at Newcastle.Yeah, it might be fun to watch, but where has it got him?Below a mediocre Norwich City side in the league, thats where.[:)]

Don''t let something minor like the fact we''re above them in the league and have been all season get in the way of an agenda Morty.

Heaven help the local Samaritans if Norwich win tomorrow, it''ll be like Take That splitting up all over again.....oh apart from it being pre pubescent girls jamming the lines, it will be a load of middle aged blokes panicking that poor Paulie still isn''t safe.

This sycophantic worship of Lambert is disgraceful, people need to have a bit of pride.

Would they be queuing up to blow him if he''d unceremoniously dumped us for Ipswich?

Hughton has more staying power and will be a better manager in the long run. He just needs that bit of luck with a striker who''s performing to the required level. Had we signed Benteke to replace Holt in pre-season I have no doubt we would be at least comfortably mid-table.

Villa have got lucky this season, purely down to Benteke. Without him in the side they would be down already. Lambert did wonders for us in the 3 years, but his tactics are risky business for a lower Prem team.

He is building an excellent young team who will do well in the EPL next season while we unfortunately will be struggling in the Championship.

In full appreciation that:

1. Lambert is never coming back;

2. Hughton, in my eyes, is doing an adequate job and shouldn''t be sacked;

3. We must be over the whole Lambert thing now;

I would totally prefer to have Lambert managing our team than Hughton.

Two promotions and mid table Prem security in 3 years from positive, exciting and energised football beats the desperate and over cautious clinging on that has haunted us and may relegate us this season.

To poo poo Lambert over his defence is ridiculous in my eyes because firstly he was always prepared to sell them short at the cost of attacking football and after all we finished 11 points clear of the drop last season. Also, no one knows how Lambert would have strengthened the back line had he stayed.

To poo poo Lambert over the weakness of Villa this season is also ridiculous in my eyes because of the mess he inherited there - remember the last time we played that shambles at Carrow Road? Many predict them to defeat us today! I believe that Villa would be down by now if Lambert hadn''t been appointed and I would be surprised if they don''t finish above us. He has a long term project underway there and slowly he is getting somewhere.

Yes, I am fully over Lambert leaving but because of that I''m able to recognise the rare talent that he has and, to answer the OP directly, capable of concluding that he was a better leader for us than Hughton - but that, in the end, is why he''s not here any more and Chris is.

I''m fully behind Hughton and will applaud him warmly if/when he secures another Prem season.  

In the end Lambert outgrew us.

I think that the Lambert team have more imagination and willingness to change, but how far this is Lambert himself and how far Culverhouse, I don''t know. I am less impressed by the team of CH.

I prefer the decent, honest, trustworthy CH to Lambert, as a person.

In terms of motivating players and man-management it''s fairly even.

Overall, it would be a difficult decision in rellation to the qualities above. Ultimately Lmabert could turn Villa into a very competitive team over the next year or two, but after five years CH might have the edge (if we survive relegation this year.)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

He was the right man at the right time, but I think, tactically he is very limited, and he will get found out at Villa.

Hughton, given time, will prove himself to be the more complete manager, he has a grown up style, as opposed to Paul Lamberts angry teenager.

Somebody else said earlier in the thread that they believe we would have been relegated if Lambert was still here this season. I''m inclined to agree.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re clearly pretty easily amused then.

Lamberts "It doesn''t matter how many you score, we''ll just score more" tactic really will only work for so long, mainly until sides work out your rather one dimensional strategy, bit like Keegan''s time at Newcastle.

Yeah, it might be fun to watch, but where has it got him?

Below a mediocre Norwich City side in the league, thats where.

[:)]
[/quote]

But at least we did score. I''m sure teams will soon realise we have no attacking threat right now playing one isolated player up front. Whatsmore, this stunning style of play has come from having Hoot and 2 guys who are both ex-managers in charge. Surely they must realise scoring is the vital ingredient for winning.

Perhaps someone should tell them, it tends to give the fans something to cheer too!

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

He was the right man at the right time, but I think, tactically he is very limited, and he will get found out at Villa.Hughton, given time, will prove himself to be the more complete manager, he has a grown up style, as opposed to Paul Lamberts angry teenager.Somebody else said earlier in the thread that they believe we would have been relegated if Lambert was still here this season. I''m inclined to agree.[/quote]

[/quote]You''re clearly pretty easily amused then.Lamberts "It doesn''t matter how many you score, we''ll just score more" tactic really will only work for so long, mainly until sides work out your rather one dimensional strategy, bit like Keegan''s time at Newcastle.Yeah, it might be fun to watch, but where has it got him?Below a mediocre Norwich City side in the league, thats where.[:)][/quote]

But at least we did score. I''m sure teams will soon realise we have no attacking threat right now playing one isolated player up front. Whatsmore, this stunning style of play has come from having Hoot and 2 guys who are both ex-managers in charge. Surely they must realise scoring is the vital ingredient for winning.

[/quote]Wow, incisive stuff, perhaps you should email them with this "scoring goals" theory.Do I really have to explain to you the differences in the two styles of play, point to our ridiculous amount of goals conceded last season, and, yet again, point out that Messiah Lambert and his amazingly talented team have been below us in the league ALL SEASON?That last bit there about league position, thats a fact, not just my opinion.

I think Lambert will be remembered as one of the greatest NCFC managers ever.  If I was a betting man I think Hughton will be gone by Christmas next season, but I hope not as this would mean we are in serious trouble.  Here''s hoping he can continue to make great signings to make up for his lack of tactical nous.

Lambert will always have a place in the history books at Carrow Road.  No-one knows the full facts behind his leaving, so personally I would give him the benefit of the doubt.  It is very negative of people to remember the bad things that happen over the good things.    He gave us three great seasons and for that he will always be welcome at CR - but as an opposing manager.   We have moved on and so has he.   I would like to think that in the future when he brings teams to CR we will  give him a warm welcome, bu this season its all a bit too fresh and today is far too important match to let the issue of an ex-manager get in the way.    He has gone and we have a manager who is trying to develop the whole team in a more grown up fashion - and today the result is all that matters. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re clearly pretty easily amused then.

Lamberts "It doesn''t matter how many you score, we''ll just score more" tactic really will only work for so long, mainly until sides work out your rather one dimensional strategy, bit like Keegan''s time at Newcastle.

Yeah, it might be fun to watch, but where has it got him?

Below a mediocre Norwich City side in the league, thats where.

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, incisive stuff, perhaps you should email them with this "scoring goals" theory.

Do I really have to explain to you the differences in the two styles of play, point to our ridiculous amount of goals conceded last season, and, yet again, point out that Messiah Lambert and his amazingly talented team have been below us in the league ALL SEASON?

That last bit there about league position, thats a fact, not just my opinion.
[/quote]

Morty you really are a patronising @rse.

You dont need to explain anything to me I have my own eyes, brain and opinion.

Apologies for that, but perhaps you should realise that your opinion is not the only one on offer.

There is only one table that counts, and that''s the one after the last game of the season. Believe it or not, having been below us all season Villa can still finish above us - and that''s a fact too

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]You''re clearly pretty easily amused then.Lamberts "It doesn''t matter how many you score, we''ll just score more" tactic really will only work for so long, mainly until sides work out your rather one dimensional strategy, bit like Keegan''s time at Newcastle.Yeah, it might be fun to watch, but where has it got him?Below a mediocre Norwich City side in the league, thats where.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Wow, incisive stuff, perhaps you should email them with this "scoring goals" theory.Do I really have to explain to you the differences in the two styles of play, point to our ridiculous amount of goals conceded last season, and, yet again, point out that Messiah Lambert and his amazingly talented team have been below us in the league ALL SEASON?That last bit there about league position, thats a fact, not just my opinion.[/quote]

Morty you really are a patronising @rse.

You dont need to explain anything to me I have my own eyes, brain and opinion.

Apologies for that, but perhaps you should realise that your opinion is not the only one on offer.

There is only one table that counts, and that''s the one after the last game of the season. Believe it or not, having been below us all season Villa can still finish above us - and that''s a fact too

[/quote]Some people deserve to be patronised.And people who whine and moan about lack of goals are acting like spoiled teenagers, whose appreciation of the game would probably be best kept to FIFA on their X-box.It sounds like you almost hope Villa finish above us, to prove a petty point.Lambert has gone and isn''t coming back, deal with it.

Oh and just so we''re clear how things work, as soon as you express an opinion in a public forum, you must be prepared for people to challenge it, and you must be prepared to justify or explain your opinion, preferably using sound logic, and actual facts.Hope this helps[Y]

No one knows if we''d be safe or relegated if lambert had stayed. It''s ridiculous for anyone to suggest otherwise.

It does not matter where villa are now in the table or have been all season, it only matters at the end of the season. Even then it will be so close that it is virtually meaningless if both teams remain in the premier league.

There are elements of both managers that I like and are frustrated by but Houghton is my team''s manager and lambert is history.

I think this thread, particularly at this time, if written by a Norwich fan, is nothing short than mutinous. In my opinion the op and anyone in agreement should either say nothing remotely negative until our future for next season is decided.

Right now this manager, players and club need all the support they can get to help in securing the best finish we can hope for. For us, Norwich City fans.

I believe in free speech and different opinions, but I believe there is always the right time and place to express them. I think this is not the time to support lambert and is most definitely the time to support Houghton.

I want Houghton to be successful and get premier league for us. I want lambert to have failure for villa and for them to be relegated.

HOUGHTON!

Villa will stay below us today...

[quote user="morty"]Oh and just so we''re clear how things work, as soon as you express an opinion in a public forum, you must be prepared for people to challenge it, and you must be prepared to justify or explain your opinion, preferably using sound logic, and actual facts.

Hope this helps[Y]
[/quote]

Look at me look at me.

Post what I want to read [|-)]

Well its not as if we have a choice is it. I preferred lamberts attacking style, no doubt about that but Hughton has many qualities. I will wait another half season to give my total judgement. He has done many good things this season BUT I have not liked his negative tactics against bottom half teams. fair enough against the top boys but if we had been more adventurous against the weaker teams I am sure we would be safe by now. If we go down then it will be a disaster and he may not get time  lets hope we do not

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and just so we''re clear how things work, as soon as you express an opinion in a public forum, you must be prepared for people to challenge it, and you must be prepared to justify or explain your opinion, preferably using sound logic, and actual facts.Hope this helps[Y][/quote]

Look at me look at me.

Post what I want to read [|-)]

[/quote]Just to further expand on your earlier point.I would refer you to your post on the previous page, where you thought my opinion was "the funniest thing you have read here in ages" therefore implying that you think it ridiculous, despite the fact I am completely willing to back it up with facts and sound logic.But then you wet your pants when I question YOUR opinion, and cry about the right to express a different one?Wee bit hypocritical? No?