Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Your choice... Hughton or Lambert

Hughton.

Give him the summer to get a new creative midfielder in (or 2!) and we''ll be flying.

He has rebuilt the defence and had Lambert carried on we''d have struggled this year to the same/similar levels as this year.

Sorry, but I think this is a silly thread.

Paul Lambert had the choice whether or not to manage Norwich last summer.

He chose to walk away to Aston Villa. As fans we don''t have the choice.

HughtonIts hard not to feel sentimental for a manger that achieved what appeared the impossible, but times have changed and I think we have got  a good foundation to build on for next season once we confirm our place. This type of contest wouldn''t have been brought up during that purple patch before christmas, but its plain to see we have been quite inconsitent since the halfway point... yet its nothing terrifying, we arnt look outclassed or out of our depth, just abit tame up front. I have high hope that if we couple this seasons defence with a better attacking line and creative midfield we will be knocking around in amongst Swansea, West Brom and Fulham.

I believe Lambert would''ve had us relegated by now if he was still with us. Controversial I know but I''ve heard from a couple of independent sources that he was really not liked in the club. If you see what he has done with Villa with more money and more established premiership players and compare it to Hughton, I think Hughton comes out on top.

This season was always going to be exceptionally hard and I expected us to be in the relegation zone for most of the season at the beginning of the season.

I''d have Culverhouse back as assistant in an instant tho!

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Sorry, but I think this is a silly thread.

Paul Lambert had the choice whether or not to manage Norwich last summer.

He chose to walk away to Aston Villa. As fans we don''t have the choice.[/quote]  Yes [Y] I agree with this.

[quote user="he likes paella "]If it was your choice right now who was in charge of our club who would you have at the reigns out of Lambert or Hughton?

Lambert for me[/quote]#

Reins, dear boy.  Reigns is what a monarch does over his subject.Alex Ferguson for me please, given we''re playing this ludicrous game.Thanks.

Hughton.Lambert has gone and he''s not coming back, deal with it.

Hughton for me. We are higher in the league than Lambert and we have more points than Villa. And we are staying up!

Lambert by a country mile. Played to win every game, rotated the side more, more attacking, just a far superior manager.

I don''t think Hughton is all bad and I think he had a difficult job following Lambert, but really he is not in Lambert''s class.

These threads seem to be an area where people can just defend Hughton all day long becuase they think it makes them more of a fan. I''m behind Norwich all the way and I would love Hughton to change his style a bit and prove me wrong.

I think he is very limited in his approach and regardless of what happens tomorrow I think you''d be hard pressed to say that Lambert isn''t a better manager.

Still as people say Hughton is our manager now and I, and the other Hughton doubters, will have to put that to one side for the time being and get behind him and the team for the remaining games.

Prediciton Norwich 1 Villa 1.

Your current partner or you ex who''s now married someone else? Bit of a futile question at every level.

Right man for the job. Lambert for a team chasing a dream.

Hughton to build a Premiership club with a full infrastructure such as scouting, academy and a long term vision for a club on and of the pitch.

Well Morty it seems the "chosen one" is coming back to Chelsea so you could be wrong in Lamberts case. Liked or not at the Club the fans loved Lambert. He did some wonderful things and the idea that 90% of the fans prefer Hughton to Lambert has got to be for the birds.

[quote user="Bobert"]Well Morty it seems the "chosen one" is coming back to Chelsea so you could be wrong in Lamberts case. Liked or not at the Club the fans loved Lambert. He did some wonderful things and the idea that 90% of the fans prefer Hughton to Lambert has got to be for the birds.[/quote]Lol, Lambert really isn''t going to come back here.He was the right man at the right time, but I think, tactically he is very limited, and he will get found out at Villa.Hughton, given time, will prove himself to be the more complete manager, he has a grown up style, as opposed to Paul Lamberts angry teenager.Somebody else said earlier in the thread that they believe we would have been relegated if Lambert was still here this season. I''m inclined to agree.

I too am getting a little fed up with hearin his name mentioned however I don''t hate the bloke look at what he did for this club, I know when he left it left us all with a sour taste in our mouths but I would still have him hear over Hughton

P.s Hughton has had plenty of time ffs I''m fed up with hearing ''give him time'' he''s had a season and two transfer windows and done bugger all

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]P.s Hughton has had plenty of time ffs I''m fed up with hearing ''give him time'' he''s had a season and two transfer windows and done bugger all[/quote]We''re above Paul Lambert''s (all praise him, for he is the chosen one) Aston Villa in the table.Just sayin''

I think the more important question is who the hell is the "Chosen One", and does Mourinho know he''s going to take the Chelsea job? Someone should tell him before he quits Real.

In answer to the OP I''d dearly love to say Hughton, but I''d be lying if I did at the moment. I know Villa are a point behind us but it has to be considered that Lambert inherited a right mess at Villa and it''s been a steep learning curve for a very young and inexperienced squad. He''ll have done a great job if he keeps them up.

That being said I''ll be 100% behind Hughton tomorrow afternoon.