Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Hughton has to go today

Replacing Hughton with two games to go will not fix anything - it''s the players that have to do the job just as much as the manager

Agreed. 2 wins in 19 matches is appalling plus throw in a cup exit at the hands of a non-league team, this would be unacceptable at any other club.I''m sure plenty of people on here will have a counter-arguement against these facts.

I don''t think it will happen with just two games to go though!

But I agree, next season he shouldn''t be here if we wish to progress as a football club. How many managers have been found out and come under such flack from fans, but gone on to improve results? None bar Sir Alex to be honest.

Agreed.

Hughton has to go today. If he doesn''t we all know what will happen in our must must must win game V WBA. A defensive set up with Hughton terrified we''ll lose. And we''ll lose anyway without creating any decent chances.

We need the team to go out and attack attack attack. A real open game and go for the win. A cautious approach which is guarenteed if Hughton is in charge will mean yet another defeat.

Hughton simply has to go tonight. Otherwise we won''t get another point and we will go down.

Not really sure what the point of sacking him today would be. We wouldn''t be able to get anyone in. Calderwood would just take over. Would that help? Probably not...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I hate you Hughton[/quote]

Make that two.

[quote user="dpj canary"]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I hate you Hughton[/quote]

Make that two.

[/quote]Count me in [:|]

Houghton sod off back to Birmingham you have taken my club and destroyed everything that''s been achieved over the previous 3 years.

I have disliked CH for a long time now because he is tactically poor, he sets up the team not to lose and they lose..he is unable to change games because he really does not have the skill to do so. If, we are relegated he should be shown the door..."You don''t know what you''re doing" was the most telling chant from the fans today ...

No point now. Watching him on the sidelines is infuriating though, he''s a ball of pent up anger, everything is tightly coiled... and that is exactly how he sets the team up.

It doesn''t matter if we stay up, many of these players will be permanently scarred by the complete lack of trust placed in them. Morale in midfield and upfront must be rock bottom.

Hughton Out and Holt player-manager just for the last game. I''m sure we''d win !!!

No point sacking him now, as mentioned Calderwood isn''t going to do any better. I think whatever happens though he should be shown the door at the end of the season.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]No point sacking him now, as mentioned Calderwood isn''t going to do any better. I think whatever happens though he should be shown the door at the end of the season.[/quote]

Very sadly, I have to agree. Not because of tactics, or signings, but because there have now been too many times when we absolutely have to get something and out backs are against the wall, and we have capitulated.

I''d keep him on, purely because he''s won a Championship and got Birmingham into the playoffs.Behinds, who else would we get to replace him?

[quote user="paul moy"]Hughton Out and Holt player-manager just for the last game. I''m sure we''d win !!![/quote]Have a word with yourself.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Hello Neyul.[/quote]Whats gorn orn in traynun?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Hello Neyul.[/quote]

Whats gorn orn in traynun?
[/quote]

On the evidence of the last 19 games, and a conversation with someone who would know, very little in the final 1/3 of the pitch.

I think some of the blame has to go to the board

We buy a striker who has hardly played and seems is a waste of time for the premier league

And then buy a £8.5m striker too late.

[quote user="Fraz"]I think some of the blame has to go to the board We buy a striker who has hardly played and seems is a waste of time for the premier league And then buy a £8.5m striker too late.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone has seen enough of Becchio to form a proper opinion. Don''t understand why the only striker in the squad who was actually in goal scoring form (19 in January) hasn''t been given an opportunity.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Don''t understand why the only striker in the squad who was actually in goal scoring form (19 in January) hasn''t been given an opportunity.[/quote]Because he''s not a defensive midfielder and that''s all that Hughton cares about...

We have all the creativity of a stuffed goat.

The board won''t get rid of Hughton now and I''m not sure if they would if we got relegated. They employed ''Mr Safe'' and he''s not leading us to safety!

Good old Hughton - Plays a formation not to lose and get results. Doesn''t work. Still plays the same formation. Doesn''t work. Still plays the same formation - Doesn''t work. Still...

I

[quote user="basil brush"]The board won''t get rid of Hughton now and I''m not sure if they would if we got relegated.  [/quote]

they wont. which is why the protest would need to start in the stands the minute city are relegated. Its the only time at the club when the board pay any attention to what the fans want

the funny thing is i can see the press statement now ''norwich city football club have full faith in chris hughtons ability and the direction the club is heading, the board feel chris has shown previously his ability to manage promotion challenges in the championship, and therefore believe he is the right man to lead our challenge to return to the premier league''

and then we will finish mid table in the championship for two seasons and by the time they do sack him the squad will have turned to shite, and it will take another ten years to get back

i YEARN for a time when we play football like we did under Lambert again. Hughtons got to go and lets get an attacking manager in ASAP so we can have a fighting chance