Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

It's going to be Ruddy good to have him back!

If all the signs are true, it looks like we''re going to welcome Ruddy back into goal for tomorrows game. I for one can''t wait.No disrespect to Bunn. He''s been a great backup. He''s clearly a very good ''keeper and I hope he stays here at Norwich City. He''s a great addition to the squad, and has certainly gained in experience and profile this season.But for me, Ruddy is a cut above. Absolute quality, and I feel much better having him at the back, not only in general ''keeping and shot stopping, but leadership and marshalling the troops from the back. Personally, I don''t think it''s totally a coincidence that his absence and our decline in form came around the same time. While I agree that a large part of our lack of form since Christmas has been at the top end of the pitch, I still think that a few losses may have been drawn, or a few draws into wins in those lean times if only we had the big number 1 at the back.Hopefully the signs are true and he will be back. I for one can''t wait to give him a big cheer.

Whilst it will be great when the big man returns, I do feel a little apprehensive about his return. He''s had a long time out and he''s bound to be rusty. Hopefully it''l give the team a much needed lift though!

His return cannon come soon enough!!!!! He is a class above and one of the first players to be bid on if we get relegated. Bunn has been a great "back up keeper" but Ruddy is simply better. I cant wait to see him back in goal and sincerely hope he be allowed to start tomorrow. I think Bunn has had a longer run than he ever expected so dont think it will be too harsh on him allowing Ruddy to have a couple of games before he end of season.

[quote user="Nicko"]Whilst it will be great when the big man returns, I do feel a little apprehensive about his return. He''s had a long time out and he''s bound to be rusty. Hopefully it''l give the team a much needed lift though![/quote]Agree with this. I think we''ll all be a bit apprehensive if Ruddy returns tomorrow but he''s got to come back sometime. He''d still be rusty if it''s not until next season so if he''s fit may as make it asap.It''ll be a great lift for the players and us fans too.

" Goalkeeping hasn''t been our problem. "

Well maybe it still has been? Examples :

Sunderland - and hence Wigan.

Reading.

Corners in every game....

Not saying Bunn hasn''t done all we could expect of a backup keeper, but Ruddy was a core srength of our team whom we lost to injury, so I for one welcome him back!

In fairness Ruddy might have saved the first goal a least.

Bunn is simply too small against accurate top quality strikers.

I also think Ruddy is leaving, perhaps this is why he wasn''t even on the bench.

If they wanted Ruddy playing he would be in the squad by now - 3 development games is surely enough to be in contention as a goalkeeper.

Something fishy is up, and like you''ve said, I fear he may well have played his last game for us

Either that or simply an over conservative decision from Hughton. The presence of Ruddy would have lifted both team and crowd. As to whether he''s played his last game for us, I wouldn''t discount the possibility of Ruddy being here if we remain in the PL.

If Ruddy was fit he undoubtedly should have played, he is the bet keeper in the League In my opinion, when your desperately struggling for points who on earth would leave out a player like him. I can only assume he is not fit.

[quote user="Vanwink"]

If Ruddy was fit he undoubtedly should have played, he is the bet keeper in the League In my opinion, when your desperately struggling for points who on earth would leave out a player like him. I can only assume he is not fit.

[/quote]

Of course he''s fit. He played 3 U21 games over the last month yet wasn''t involved yesterday. There are only 2 possible explanations, either Hughton is being conservative and daren''t put him in, which doesn''t really explain why he wasn''t on the bench, or he''s off to Arsenal.

It might Brownstone. Accepting Hughton''s ultra conservative approach, he might not have wished to undermine Bunn''s confidence and/ or feared a possible reaction from the crowd if Bunn was played instead of Ruddy.

Well, I heard on the radio before the game that Ruddy had asked to play today. The team selection says all.  

Well if he is fit, wanted to play and Hughton chose not to select him then the guy is mad!

It does say it all Highland, and it probably is clutching at straws but why not play him, it''s madness!

He definitely played a round of golf before the match and someone reckons they saw him turn up shortly before KO. He is fit and wanting to play, Durham asked him if he was fit and he replied he couldn''t answer or he''d get in trouble i.e. he is fit and wants to play.

Absurdity not to start him, match winner and he changes the way we play, we play the ball short from him, not pumped up every time like Bunn does. Still in disbelief over the decision.