Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

1,2,3 for player of the season

I agreed, but in a different order.For me :-1. Bradley Johnson2. Bassong3. Snoddy.

1. Bassong

2. Turner

3. Hoolahan / Johnson / Snodgrass

For me :-

1, Snodders

2, Bassong

3, Johnson or Turner, can''t make up my mind as Turner has improved no end and really scored some vital goals this year.

But can''t aregue who out of those should win.

Christ, Bradley Johnson as player of the year, who would have thought that last year.......In my opinion hes not premier league class, other than his work rate, his touch, passing and shooting is shocking.Has to be Bassong 1st, 2nd - Snoddgrass and 3rd either Turner (mainly for his 2nd half of the season) or Russell Martin.Really hard to pick this season.

Think I''d go:

Bassong

Snodgrass

Johnson

Interesting that most people are plumping for two midfielders (myself included) while on another thread the midfield are being put forward as the reason for our current predicament.

On various threads you can find quotes such as Johnson can''t pass, Snodgrass is too slow...a lot of people seem to be including them for a podium finish in POTS so we must be AWFUL..

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Think I''d go:

Bassong

Snodgrass

Johnson

Interesting that most people are plumping for two midfielders (myself included) while on another thread the midfield are being put forward as the reason for our current predicament.

On various threads you can find quotes such as Johnson can''t pass, Snodgrass is too slow...a lot of people seem to be including them for a podium finish in POTS so we must be AWFUL..

[/quote]

They''re the best of a bad bunch....

Our lads work their socks off every game but in my opinon too many of them just do not have premiership class...

1 Snoddy.  2 Turner.  3 Bassong.hard to pick among those three for me, but Snoddy edges it on reliability. hardly an off game all season, apart from last Saturday of course.

[quote user="Aggy"]Bassong, Snodgrass, Turner.[/quote]I''d go with that as well, although I do wonder if JR would have been up there if not for the injury?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Aggy"]Bassong, Snodgrass, Turner.[/quote]
I''d go with that as well, although I do wonder if JR would have been up there if not for the injury?
[/quote]

+1.

Ruddy was an immense rock until his injury.

Sebs consistency ahead of Snodgrass, who has gone off the boil the last 4-8 games or so - too much snarling and too little quality for me - otherwise he would have won.

As I''ve said a few times before, my top 4 is Bassong, Turner, Johnson and Snodgrass.

I think the best way I can narrow it down to 3 is to think who I would most like to see in the team next season, who I think is best equipped to take us forward. When I look at it like that I think I have to see Johnson as the one to miss out.

So that leaves me with Bassong, Turner and Snodgrass.

Snodgrass didn''t quite produce at the start of the season and has had numerous poor games recently. Too often he holds on to the ball too long. So I think he''s 3rd.

Splitting Bassong and Turner is the tricky bit. I was very worried about Turner at the start of the season but he has been immense since then and has outshone Bassong in some big games and has generally been the better of the two for second half of the season.

However, Bassong has played consistently well throughout the season and he rarely puts a foot wrong.

Might just have to toss a coin to decide between those two.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]1. Bunn 2. Bassong 3. Snodgrass[/quote]

You''re not actually going to vote Bunn as your No.1 POTS are you?

My reason that turner is third for me is his conistency - on many games he has outperformed Seb.

My only concern is that I do think he is the secondary reason for us sitting too deep - he is fantastic with the ball coming to him but not quite so good turning (apologies) and using pace.

However his positive outweigh his negatives and much better than most players this season

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

I think most of the comments about the midfield are about the way they''re deployed rather than the players individual abilities.

Back on topic, for me:

1. Bassong

2. Snodgrass

3. Turner

Johnson & Russ Martin close behind. Ruddy would have no doubt been a contender if it wasn''t for his injury.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Aggy"]Bassong, Snodgrass, Turner.[/quote]I''d go with that as well, although I do wonder if JR would have been up there if not for the injury?[/quote]
Had Ruddy not been injured and carried on in the same form, he would probably have been top of my list. I think he will become the talisman of the side when Holt moves on; the fans all like him, he''s crucially important to the side, and he has a presence on the pitch as well (which is arguably the main difference between him and Bunn). A future captain if we keep hold of him.

BassongSnodgrassTurnerI think we have struggled everytime Bassong has not been on the pitch. Snodgrass has found his feet, I love his passion and his effort.. often looks like if anything is going to happen it will come through him, I think he has the potential to get better and better in this league the more time he gets. Turner has just grown and grown as the season has gone on, his partnership with Bassong has been pivitol in us looking  alot stronger at the back, just a shame he had those first few wobbly matches before he really found his form.