Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

A simple question

Do you hope the greedy tyre fitter is a Norwich City player next season?

Personally, I think we should have got shot of him last summer. He crossed a line whacking in a transfer request and the club should have had the kahunas to call his bluff. As it is, we are paying over the odds for a player who is a shadow of his former self.

It''s a simple answer, as long as the manager is picking him he''s the best we have.

Top guy in my eyes, and absolute legend. It''s not a coincidence that the system changes when his goals dry up.

He''s simply doing the job he''s being asked to do in a team where clean sheets are top priority.

Why do you and Wiz write such utter rubbish on this forum; it is so tiresome. I would hope that you could put your hands to better use.

Players should be selected on the basis of current form not on rose-tinted views of past glories. Perhaps we should stick Dion Dublin or Kevin Drinkell up front? They were "legends" too !!

If this is reasoned discussion (your words), Mango, then you''re more of a fruitcake than I thought. On currant form your raisined discussion looks more like a sultana of swing. Bring back Banana who used to post on here to much criticism... he''s far less of a plastic ''fruit n 2 veg'' than this Pumpkin who thinks he''d make some kind of coach.

If we are in the Prem next season, as seems likely (touch wood) thanks to Hughton and the squad, Holty''s wages will not look out of place next to our future acquisitions, and he will continue to be a fantastic resource for us, whoever our main strikers end up being.

If we''re relegated to rejoicing in the Highlands and Suffolk, it''ll be all the more vital to our campaign that he''s committed to us for the next couple of years.

If people keep calling Holt a greedy tyre fitter, telling him to f off, etc. just because he''s having a difficult season then they deserve all the rotten tomatoes they get thrown.

It doesn''t matter who or how many play up from for us if no more than 4 players are allowed past the half way line at any stage barring set pieces they''re not going to be up to much are they? Van Persie would have struggled to reach 10 league goals this year with how we play!

I think Holt''s just frustrated, he knows the way we play completely nullifies him as a threat and no matter how much effort he puts in he''s still going to look poor and struggle to score. It''s almost like all he''s in the team to do is win free kicks at the moment and I do feel sorry for him being hung out to dry the way he has!

Spot on Asdfgh!

I want us to get better strikers than Holt which we need to do but Holt should still be a good impact player/benchwarmer next season at least!

+1Couldn''t have put it better myself. Start playing as if we''re actually

trying to win a game, rather than not lose it, and he''ll be ok again.Last

season centre halfs found life difficult against Holt but this year

it''s easy because never high enough up the pitch to cause any problems.

Its a combination of different factors. Mc Nally was correct in not initally providing him with an improved contract - certainly not for 3 years. But his agent timed things to perfection because when it came to the crunch he realised it would cost a fortune to replace him with a decent striker. Its only human nature that Holt''s enthusiasm has slightly declined. I also noticed yesterday in TV close ups he is carrying a bit of weight.

The main reason is clearly the coaching staff are messing him about and he looks fed up. Firstly if you are a lone striker you must have pace and play wide etc. This is not Holt''s style. His strengths are as a finisher and there was a time when opponents put two central defenders on him - even Arsenal. At the moment he is barely challenging for high goalkicks etc because there is nobody near him to pick up flicks etc. He is now seeing virtually no service from the flanks, even at corner kicks !!! Yesterday he was on the right wing then the left and towards the end was in mid-field with young KK alone upfront. Terrible tactical decisions.

I think he has little time for the current management and there are rumours of rifts in the dressing room - not surprisingly. He will be gone at the end of the season. A great record with us but time to move on.