Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Player of the season...

I see voting has started already. Only one standout name this year and that''s Bassong. Without him I honestly think we''d be bottom of the league and I''m serious.

Totally agree Highland - a bit harsh not to include Turner in that too as he has been brilliant too, but definitely those three are our top consistent performers

[quote user="YellowBlood"]I see voting has started already. Only one standout name this year and that''s Bassong. Without him I honestly think we''d be bottom of the league and I''m serious.[/quote]

Don''t think that really does justice to some other players.

Michael Turner is a huge part of it too. Put Ryan Bennett alongside Bassong for the season and see how we do.

Then of course there''s Snodgrass (even though he was poor yesterday), Johnson and two or three others.

But what about our worst players? It seems discriminatory to only talk about the good ones. What about the useless ones? The ones who should be hoofed out in the summer? I''d like to nominate Surman, Howson and Teirney.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="YellowBlood"]I see voting has started already. Only one standout name this year and that''s Bassong. Without him I honestly think we''d be bottom of the league and I''m serious.[/quote]

Michael Turner is a huge part of it too. Put Ryan Bennett alongside Bassong for the season and see how we do.

Then of course there''s Snodgrass (even though he was poor yesterday), Johnson and two or three others.

[/quote]

Snodgrass and Johnson I''d agree but Bassong is the big influence at the back and brings the best out of Turner. Turner has played three league games without Bassong and we''ve conceded 5 goals in each.

[quote user="YellowBlood"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote] Snodgrass and Johnson I''d agree but Bassong is the big influence at the back and brings the best out of Turner. Turner has played three league games without Bassong and we''ve conceded 5 goals in each.[/quote]

Nah, sorry, as I''ve said on here before, the idea that Turner needs Bassong there to be any good is nonsense. Pure and utter nonsense.