Hello All.

This is my first post so here goes.

How is it that Michael Turner never

gets the Man of the Match award? He was brilliant yesterday. He covered well and didn''t miss much. And considering his somewhat shaky start to his NCFC career all credit to him for getting himself sorted and becoming very consistent.

Just a thought and be nice with your replies!!!

Didn''t miss much ? I don''t think he missed a thing yesterday. He was immense and certainly gets my vote for man of the match. Well played Mr Turner.

I agree; Turner was superb yesterday - and it''s not new form either. He''s being doing it for a while now. Top defender and a great purchase by Chris Hughton. Looking at what we got for the money, I''m a bit surprised Martin O''Neill ever allowed him to leave Sunderland...

definitely in with a shout for the POS now. who would have bet on that after the Fulham game. he is turn(er)ing out to be Mister Consistency now. never seems to have even slightly bad game.

Who thought we''d be saying this at the start of the season eh!

P.S who here is "The raptor"? Don''t be shy!

The whole backline had a good game.

I must admit would love to see Whittaker back or sign another rb. But that being said Martin did well.

Garrido looked good, couple of important interceptions/blocks, as well as putting the best crosses in.

I also thought Bunn did well. He didn''t try to catch the ball unless he could get get his body behind the ball due to the conditions. Anything away from the body he parried one of which went straight back into the danger area which the defenders cleared. He also prompted the lob when he came off his line in the first half. But to his credit he kept on coming and made the save which is all you can ask. There are a lot worse keepers about than him. Well played Sir

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I agree; Turner was superb yesterday - and it''s not new form either. He''s being doing it for a while now. Top defender and a great purchase by Chris Hughton. Looking at what we got for the money, I''m a bit surprised Martin O''Neill ever allowed him to leave Sunderland...[/quote]

And kept Titus Bramble! Must have gone mad

That song fans have sung about Turner really makes my blood boil cause he was never sh*te, he just had a bad 1st day at Fulham which all the team did and played badly in both Liverpool games otherwise hes been solid to outstanding in most other games!

To me hes one of the best centrebacks we''ve had!

Turner has been undervalued by most this season because the big name signing in Bassong has taken the spotlight off him a fair bit. Solid and unspectacular but gets the job done. Definitely been one of our best players over the season and was brilliant again yesterday

He was man of the match by a country mile yesterday and possibly the most consistent performer over the last couple of months.

I''m sorry guys, but I was getting frustrated (and worried) during the game, and I mentioned it to my mate more than once, that Turner was getting outmuscled and out jumped, by Lambert. I was worried that it gave Southampton a chance to build an attack, as then,  the (outnumbered) midfield were not able to pick up the knock downs on lots of occasions.

I think Turner has had an exceptional season, with numerous good/solid/consistent performances (something we talked about on the way to the game yesterday), and what I have mentioned was the only weak link in his game yesterday, but because of that, I would not give him MotM. For me, it was Bunn.