Sign in to follow this  
sick canary

support

As a season ticket holder and a forum reader on here, I have decided to make my first post simply to ask if anyone else feels saddened at the general lack of verbal support and the level of criticism the team, management and football club appear to be getting from some people at the moment? ... I know there is an expectation around the clubs supporters after recent seasons but we are developing as a premier league club, a status that is earned over many years of graft and difficult times.

Just thinking I love the club and want to see support for the club OTBC

I think we''ve had four seasons straight out of a Hollywood script and this has made many people forget that actually, quite often mid-table and a minor cup run is par for the course unless you''re a glory hunting plastic Manc.2008-09 was Titanic2009-10 was Mighty Ducks2010-11 was Lord of the Rings2011-12 was Back to the Future - the first two thirds were excellent and the last third suckedSo far, 2012-13 is more like one of those Ingmar Bergman films that nobody wanted to see and nobody who did see it understood, but that''s kind of normal for a mid-table side who can''t afford to mix it with the big boys.As I say, spoiled supporters will yell and scream "Entertain us!" when actually they should be yelling and screaming "On the Ball, City".

The vocal support yesterday was woeful. The Southampton fans consistently outsung the Barclay. The Snakepit was silent. And game on game it''s getting worse. Carrow Road Library. Ssssshhhh - old gimmers dozing.

It''s a catch 22 situation, the atmosphere and vocal support will be better when the entertainment on the pitch improves. You need something to see to get behind the team.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think we''ve had four seasons straight out of a Hollywood script and this has made many people forget that actually, quite often mid-table and a minor cup run is par for the course unless you''re a glory hunting plastic Manc.

2008-09 was Titanic
2009-10 was Mighty Ducks
2010-11 was Lord of the Rings
2011-12 was Back to the Future - the first two thirds were excellent and the last third sucked

So far, 2012-13 is more like one of those Ingmar Bergman films that nobody wanted to see and nobody who did see it understood, but that''s kind of normal for a mid-table side who can''t afford to mix it with the big boys.

As I say, spoiled supporters will yell and scream "Entertain us!" when actually they should be yelling and screaming "On the Ball, City".

[/quote]

Who''s Ingmar Bergman? Never heard of him or her

Like the film list though lol

The problem is the football being served up is so boring. I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and this is the most boring city team I have ever watched. Of course we have seen far worse football but even in the darkest days of relegation to league 1 there was still some entertainmant value. There is no pleasure in watching city at the moment and the final whistle can''t come soon enough. To start out every game looking for a nil nil draw is just wrong. We treat every game like Man Utd away and to listen to the manager after every game praising the quality of the opposition is wearing a bit thin. Yesterday was Southampton for gods sake and we allowed them to play us off the park. There was only one side looking like they wanted to win and as usual it wasn''t us.

Hang on a minute there Mister Chops - the first two thirds of back to the future were excellent and the final third sucks?

Back to the future 3 is immeasurably better than 2 and though I realise it ruins your analogy, I can''t let this blasphemy pass.

That''s all.... Dad, dad, daddio