Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Pilkington ruled out of Ireland's qualifiers

Considering we have no other left winger - a pretty big blow

Let''s hope we have just enough left to fall over the line and stay in the Premiership.  Then I really think we need a total rebuild.

anyone know if butterfield and can be recalled from an emergency loan and if he can play on the left?

he needs a run of games to get in the swing of things after his injury, and palace aren''t even giving him a chance.

benno isn''t much use on the left, hoops not much better. and I wouldn''t think to move our best player to his weaker side to fit it in.

and hope pilks gets fit soon.

[quote user="DrDublin"]Let''s hope we have just enough left to fall over the line and stay in the Premiership.  Then I really think we need a total rebuild.
[/quote]

darie me

if Holt had converted the penalty we would be 10th - as it is the last 9 games have seen us the relegation bottom three actually fall a point further behind

why not get off your knees and look up, as we did in ''09, ''10, ''11 and ''12

we are here to win not grovel

[quote user="AJ"]Considering we have no other left winger - a pretty big blow[/quote]Interestingly Pilkington was a right winger before he joined us, but he is very two footed so switched really effectively.  As for Snodgrass, during his time at Leeds he played on both wings regularly.  He could easily move left and Benno start on the right.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]SnodgrAss on the left. Hurrrrah! About time, he isn''t a right winger and never will be.

Bennett on the right! Sorted![/quote]

He is a right winger and always has been,

You must be pretty dense if you think he isn''t.

This is a blow for us - he is quality and while as a club we prefer to attack down the right making pilks appear quiet he uses the ball well, offers good movement and quality delivery into the box - he will be missed.

What we must not do is waste wes on the flank. Maybe the left is Howsons fave position...

Real options are a diamond, Kei or benno as already stated. Would possibly be a bad move to push snoddy across too - his partenership with martin is good and to lose both flanks core ability may be too much, elliotts pace exceeds his delivery quality.

Howson''s best position is on the bench. If Snoddy can play on left its Benno on the right if not maybe give young Murphy a go.