Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Time for Helveg to commit to the Canary cause?

I think it''s time for Helveg to make his mind up whether he''s staying or going. Does anybody else agree? Surely Worthy needs to be knowing Helveg''s plans, after all it is only about 7 weeks until the big kick off now. Similarly there are one or two other players who have yet to say what their intentions are. Let''s be hearing from you lads. Are you staying or going? Message to Worthy: Get your finger out, man, and start signing some players.

But Worthy does know...

“Thomas is a Norwich City player and that is it, end of story,” he said.

“As far as I am concerned, and the football club are concerned, he''s is under contract for another year and he''ll be reporting for pre-season training in a few weeks time,”

[quote]I think it''s time for Helveg to make his mind up whether he''s staying or going. Does anybody else agree? Surely Worthy needs to be knowing Helveg''s plans, after all it is only about 7 weeks until the ...[/quote]

I think that a very reasonable request of yours Stephen.

After all, as you rightly say, City need to know.

You all know my stance on this, just like Greeno and Svenny, I love Thomas, he''s a great player too, but if he think he can do better elsewhere (at his age) then I say yet again......

SOD OFF!!.         

So Worthy knows Helveg''s intentions does he? Can you explain why there''s a headline on this very website proclaiming: "Helveg''s future unclear", then? All i can say is the situation is as clear as mud to me.

He''s not going anywhere, and if he does I will eat an enormous hat!

(Made out of nice lemon sponge with icing on it of course!)

there doesn''t seem to be a queue of premiership clubs clamouring for his signature does there ?

maybe he''s not as good as Morten Olsen and the Pink Un Thomas Helveg Fan Club seem to think he is.

The only real issue is being able to replace him.

[quote]there doesn''t seem to be a queue of premiership clubs clamouring for his signature does there ? maybe he''s not as good as Morten Olsen and the Pink Un Thomas Helveg Fan Club seem to think he is. The...[/quote]

Thomas Helveg fan club eh Fillet?

Ok he started badly then got dropped after two games.

Was brought back in for the Birmingham game, out of position and we equalised within five minutes of him being on the field, in a game where we were lucky to only be 1-0 down.

He got injured out of position at West Ham

Finally Worthy saw the light and played him at right back against Man Utd, too little too late, we got loads of points with him in the side through assists and his general play.

He''s a top drawer player that was totally mismanaged by worthington

I feel your critiscism should be aimed towards Worthington, and how he allowed a good player to be left on the bench and out of the squad for most of the season.

Add Safri to that too, and Shackell, and why Holt played all season, and why were Charlton and Doherty frozen out when Flem was poor.

There are lots of things that go on behind the scenes we dont know, Helveg could well have already told worthy what he wants in the future, along with francis and Deano.

Reading Robbo''s book "all i want for Christmas" was a real eye opener, for those who still have not read it, i highly recomend it!

I should imagine Helveg will wait to commit until he is sure he still has a future playing for Denmark while playing for Norwich in the Champ! I admire him for wanting to play for his country for as long as possible. It annoys me when players choose to retire from international football young such as Paul Scholes. It is such an honour to play for your country and many people would give an arm and a leg to be able to do that!!! I really hope he stays though!!

Personally I''d like to see some public statements about how we want him to stay, seeing as we''''re going to have a bit of a dearth of right backs if he decides to go. Don''t want Worthy being forced into a hurried purchase of a right back do we.

I think Helveg has been unsettled by the Denmark managers rants but I think he will evuantally see that there is no reason to leave Norwich and will therefore make a commitment to the club.

I really don''t see why he should have to "commit" to City.  He has never said anything to suggest he wants to leave anyway.  If was not prepared to play in the Championship i''m sure he would have asked for a clause in his contract like Svensson.  I''m sure he would have got one considering he came on a free transfer.

All the comments are coming from someone who has no knowledge of the club and someone who obviously has no itention about learning about how great a club we are.  Olsen has been bad mouthing City since Helveg joined us.  Helveg has never said he does not want to be here, in fact the only time he has complained is when he was not playing.  To me that shows he wants to play here and he was not happy just to collect his wages.

[quote]He''s not going anywhere, and if he does I will eat an enormous hat! (Made out of nice lemon sponge with icing on it of course!)[/quote]

OH DEAR!!!

Best you get baking then Gazza!!

Anyone else like a slice?

[quote]OH DEAR!!! Best you get baking then Gazza!! Anyone else like a slice?[/quote]

At least you had the good sense to make clear that the hat should be edible, Meeky. It would be tough going, chewing your way through a normal Fedora or, god forbid, a Ten Gallon hat.