Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Best decision of the season?

My vote goes to Chris Hughton for his decision to bring in Mark Bunn.

It is getting to the point where John Ruddy when fit again may have a stiff fight on his hands to regain his place.

OTBC

I still think Ruddy will come straight back in once fully fit - Bunn has done a superb job and gotten better the more he has played, but Ruddy just seemed to have a bit more of an aura about him, both in terms of pulling out the odd world class save and controlling his box.

But certainly getting Bunn in has proved to be a very important decision, as his recent performances and Ruddy''s injury show.

[quote user="Aggy"]I still think Ruddy will come straight back in once fully fit - Bunn has done a superb job and gotten better the more he has played, but Ruddy just seemed to have a bit more of an aura about him, both in terms of pulling out the odd world class save and controlling his box. But certainly getting Bunn in has proved to be a very important decision, as his recent performances and Ruddy''s injury show.[/quote]

I more or less agree with you. But Ruddy will certainly have to be on his toes.

OTBC

No offence to Declan Rudd or Jed Steer, we if we had to rely on a rookie keeper for 6 months in the hardest league in the world, we would be well truly in the brown stuff by now.

Seb Bassong and Mike Turner have also both been a colossus for us. Similarly, imagine a defence with Elliott Ward and Leon Barnett! Again, we would be stuck in the brown stuff.

Getting Bunn in was a good move, but I doubt very much he will keep a fit Ruddy out of the team.

Bunn has certainly improved after being chucked in at the deep end with Ruddy''s injury,so fair play to him.

I''d be inclined not to rush Ruddy back, we''re crawling towards safety and I''d much prefer a fully fit Ruddy at the start of next season instead of another 6 months out after a premature return to action. 

Bunn was good planning,  Tettey & Bassong a great signings, Whittaker a success.   Not sure who aimed for Snodgrass but feel he was probably already on our radar.

But I am with CUSDP - the best decision was to ditch the unsafe 442 (whihc took us in to the bottom 3) and move to 4231, removing howson and bringing in Wes to enable us to go on our season saving run in October.  But for that run where would we be?

omg a positive thread amongst some absolute negative drivel from some posters on here who simply cannot be Norwich City Supporters.

Anyway, I agree signing Bunn was a signing made by a Manager who clearly knows what he is doing, he has been excellent, and once we get over this first and difficult season under CH in transition, I look forward to several more of his signings to add to those mentioned previously.

I''d like to throw in what I think was probably his worst decision of the season, knowing there will be some stick heading my way............that of going to 4-4-2 on Saturday against an attack minded Southampton combined with starting Kamara (only because he is clearly not up to fitness required yet)..........perhaps it was a bit of fan and media pressure, but the mix of the 4-4-2 and Kamara starting just didnt work, did it, and we were a little fortunate that Southampton couldnt finish despite a lot of talent up front.

Note: this is in no way a dig at Kamara, he clearly has the ability, just needs to be used as an impact player for the rest of the season..........