Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

A piece of reality

To suggest that all Villa, Wigan and QueerPR will all survive is absolutely ridiculous.

QPR have won two games in a row, something most other teams manage over the course of a season, does that now mean they''re destined to win the required 5/6 out of their remaining 9?

Aston Villa will remain inconsistent but I think will have enough to get out of it.

People just expect Wigan will go on another late run, their win over Everton is obviously now helping to further fuel that belief.

If they''re all to suddenly find their ''tenacious spirit'' which quite frankly, has been missing all season and doesn''t appear to really exist, why can''t both Reading and ourselves follow suit?

We have 9 games left, on paper we could potentially win 6 of those... in a very optimistic world. The reality is, we will probably win 1/2 and perhaps a couple draws, which will be enough to see us over the line.

QPR probably need 15 points minumum,

Wigan, 14 and the same for Reading.

We probably need about 5.

If you''re going to write us off with nine games to go and claim we''re in serious trouble, how do you think the fans of the bottom five feel?

Everyone on the outside claims that we''ve probably done enough and will limp over the line. We''d say the same about any of the other sides around us. Okay, we seem incapable of putting in a good performance but like the Everton game proved, we''re capable of snatching the odd win which will again, see us over the line.

On the ball city!

What people forget is that we have only been beaten 3 times at home, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City, we have had 10 clean sheets and are we really going to lose at home to Villa & Reading? What makes you think that we will lose to these teams when we have been so solid this season?

We are hard to beat home and away, lost just 1 in 6 and sit well clear of the bottom 3.

Ask QPR, Villa or Reading  fans where they would rather be, watching a hard working team or a good football team about to be relegated?

It is maddness. Norwich have gained as many points at home this season as Swansea, I doubt the same people would predict them losing at home to Reading, Villa and West Brom.

I guess some people can only see the problems, Norwich have the same points as Fulham - I rarely see them being predicted for relegation.

And here`s another piece of reality, were you around in 1985 and 1995, no-one thought we could be relegated then, im not saying we will but to be too complacent is foolhardy !

Whilst it''s a doubt, we still have games to win to make it safe. It''s always a possibility, football isn''t completely predictable, anything could happen. We''ve just got to make sure we can''t mathematically be relegated when we get down to the last few games.

Well let''s be positive, get behind the team and help them make sure ''95 isn''t repeated.

It just mystifies me how as people believe we''re going to blow up and the other teams around us are all going to go on a great run.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

It is maddness. Norwich have gained as many points at home this season as Swansea, I doubt the same people would predict them losing at home to Reading, Villa and West Brom.

I guess some people can only see the problems, Norwich have the same points as Fulham - I rarely see them being predicted for relegation.

[/quote]

I think it''s actually the away performances that are the problem, if we actually looked like we didnt go and play for a draw away from home every game (making it the best your ever likely to get in most cases) i think more people might have been alittle more forgiving of when a inevitable poor home performance pops up like the games against Southampton, Fulham and Newcastle.

I still think we''ll be ok, but i''d be even more confident if i felt we had more of a chance of getting away wins.