Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Holt and pilkington

Anyone else notice them swapping positions a couple of times during the game yesterday notice holt also down it with snodgrass in the second half what was that all about if he wants to be winger why don''t he just say.

You do realise it wasn''t Holt deciding to do that? It would have been the manager, otherwise Holt wouldn''t have done it a second time.

[quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]Anyone else notice them swapping positions a couple of times during the game yesterday notice holt also down it with snodgrass in the second half what was that all about if he wants to be winger why don''t he just say.[/quote]no it was because pilks was injured and hoots didn''t want to leave left side exposed...

Fair enough hughton told him to do it but don''t see the point holts a striker not a winger if it was because pilkington was injured then why did he do it in second half with snodgrass why hughton tell him to do it maybe hughton could ask hoolahan to swap positions with bunn.

Talk about blowing the fish out the water

He was covering for Pilks whilst he was injured before we bought Wes on. Playing 4-4-2 with no left winger for 5 minutes could have left us conceding a goal due to the open space on the left flank left by pilks.

Jesus Christ, do people on here actually know anything about or even watch the football?!

Man are lot thick? It was to cover pilks when he was struggling with his injury!! I hate it when people who have never played the game put such stupid crap!

[quote user="Buddha1"]Man are lot thick? It was to cover pilks when he was struggling with his injury!! I hate it when people who have never played the game put such stupid crap![/quote]

It took you six months to come up with that gem?

And your point is? The problem with a lot of fans is they read Roy of the rovers as kids and now they think they know all about football! It''s a skill to be able to play football but its harder to know how to play the game!

[quote user="Buddha1"]Man are lot thick? It was to cover pilks when he was struggling with his injury!! I hate it when people who have never played the game put such stupid crap![/quote]I assumed youve played then!? [;)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Holt has always spent a lot of time out wide for us

[/quote]Indeed.He did it more in the early stages of his time with us. Lambert & Culverhuse did a good job with him and although he still did it, he didnt do it half as much.

[quote user="Buddha1"]Man are lot thick? It was to cover pilks when he was struggling with his injury!! I hate it when people who have never played the game put such stupid crap![/quote]

Presumably you didn''t see the game, or if you did your expert eye missed a few things, Holt was going wide and Pilks was cutting into mid field long before Pilks got injured. It''s the way we play, the first priority is to cover if players move or get dragged out of position, thought you would have know that!

Yes I was at the game I am a season ticket holder for the last 10 years! Yes I have played and at a good level !

Yes I know players cover each other it''s what every team do but it was done to cover the left wing position so pilks could take a breather and see how his injury felt .