Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Silly Idea but . . . .

. . . . . . why not play Snodgrass centre mid? He has the strength, tracking and passing/vision to play in there. Gives us the chance to throw Bennett out on the right for a bit of pace too.

Although he can change games from the right, when it isn''t working in the middle I can''t help but feel Snodgrass is wasted out there.

Maybe a return to the 4-2-3-1 with Snodgrass playing as the central playmaker? It could work, I think. Of course that does leave us with the issue as to who would play wide left, assuming Bennett came in on the right...

If we had everyone fit it would definitely be worth a go, but with Surman out and only Benno available to fill the gaps it does leave us a bit short on wingers

i''ve been saying or ages i''d like to see snodgrass more centrally, but maybe in the traditional wes role. His shooting ability might just give us a few goals we would otherwise not get, as wes doesnt have much of a shot on him. Dont see how being short on wingers changes this too much!

Not now Pilks is out I wouldn''t say! With Pilks and Bennett fit, it would have been worth a punt for sure, I think he''d be good in that CAM role

I think this is a great idea. Spurs have recently done it with Bale.

The Pilks injury complicates things but the other reason it''s a good idea is that it gives Bennett a go in his rightful role on the right. He is no good on the left as an inverted winger.

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]That would require CH to show some imagination and think outside the box. This is something he doesn''t do[/quote]
Didn''t Hughton spend most of pre-season playing Snodgrass as the central playmaker in a 4-2-3-1? I also seem to remember Snodgrass playing a central role against Fulham (A). Obviously, results weren''t great and Snodgrass was moved to his favoured right-wing position. 

What I cant understand is that Hugeton continues to play the wingers on their opposite wings where they are obviously not good enough to switch to their preferred feet before crossing.  I think it would work better if they were played on their natural sides.

posted this in another thread few minutes ago.....

With Pilkington and Tettey out injured I would like to see E.Bennet on the right, Snodgrass over to the left, with both swapping over during the game to mix it up a bit.

R.Martin into midfield where Tettey would play and bring Whittaker to left back.

Any Two from Holt, Becchio and Kamara inthe box waiting for the crosses to be fed in, push them up and deliver into the box.

WE NEED TO SCORE GOALS!!!!