Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Holts stats 011/2012

Intresting that last season Holt made 26apperances plus 12 as sub. Resulting in 17 goal. PL was never overconcerned about leaving him on the bench. Does this means he then works harder, than taking his place for granted? This season he seems to be an automatic choice.

By the way, I can''t recal the numbers , but for sure quite a lot of them were spot kicks, without them I think he only scored 2/3more than Morrow

Imo he''s an automatic choice because he is recognised as the front man that causes the most problems to the opposition.   No he hasn''t scored as many goals this season,  but his value to the team is much much more than just the goals he scores.   The amount of  flack he gets from a section of our fans is frankly embarrassing given his contribution to the team, which always way more than any of our other strikers.  He roughs defenders up, he is a good link man and his defensive contribution is often undervalued.  

He is captain and automatic choice because he is the best man for the job.  The system is different and he has adapted.  Goals are hard to come by this season, but he is not entirely to blame.  The midfield is not yet up to speed and is more worthy of people''s concern.  As for working harder, I don''t think you''ll find a Norwich player who puts more effort for the cause than Holt.