Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Time for the Murphy twins?

Do you think it''s time that the murphy twins were in the squad? I know that you can''t jump to conclusions from the highlights of the reserve games but they seem to be what we need. Pace...taking the game to the opposition, positive...forward thinking players. I know people might have reservations but surely you could throw them in from the bench if needed. We have no pace in the squad. Ok..people may say they haven''t got the physical attributes but does Aaron Lennon look like he does?

It is very sad when we see just about every other Premiership side introduce young players into their first team squad and we do not.

It is about time that changed, but only if the players are good enough.

Are the Murphy boys really ready or is it just that we have not had a young player come through for such a long while that we are just wishing them to be ready?

If they were ready they would have featured by now - they didn''t even feature in our cup games, so no chance of them getting first team game time this season

It is interesting because you could throw them in for 5 minutes near the end, clever through balls through, balls over the top or just getting them into space against tired defenders.

I think there would be no harm if we feel our attacking options are limited, I would put them on the bench.

Options on the bench currently would be kk, eb and sj... But with pilky out eb maybe starting or hoops starting it means that there is a spot for one attacking option. Why not kk would be the obvious first choice sub and then with five minutes to go, maybe throw one of them on.

There time will come but I do think it is good to throw the, in a little.

I don''t know, have you watched them play?

Do you have such a keen footballing eye that you can spot Premiership quality when you see it?

While I trust the judgement of the management that these two lads aren''t ready, it makes sense to think that Jacob might get a place on the bench before the end of the season in the absence of a natural left side attacking player with Pilkington injured.

One of the twins scored tonight I think...confidence high...I don''t think we have anyone else available with much pace in the squad...apart from Elliott Bennett..and Simeon...don''t know where he is?!

It''s pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that we''re only going to avoid relegation this season by sacking Hughton, throwing young and largely untried players into the country''s top domestic league, playing four four f*cking two and getting stuck into those foreign diving nancies.

We threw young Ryan Jarvis into the Premiership hothouse and it didn''t do him any harm!

No harm in having one on the bench! Foxy has been there for the past few games and not played one min, so one of the could replace him

I think they should atleast be given a bench appearence, even in 7-8 if (when) we''re safe. Ease them into a first team appearance. Nothing drastic. What could go wrong?On the other hand is Hughton like Wenger, will he give them a go? - does he like his young''uns? [:P]

I don''t think Hughton is a risk taking manager and the twins may be termed as a risk. ...I''d love to see josh and Jacob at some point on sunday though...in my opinion the team just needs some spark and some energy.

CH did travel down to London to watch the game today, so you never know. So come Sunday he could spring a surprise

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that we''re only going to avoid relegation this season by sacking Hughton, throwing young and largely untried players into the country''s top domestic league, playing four four f*cking two and getting stuck into those foreign diving nancies.

[/quote]

But that would mean us winning points, which would mean us climbing table

That is totally out !

We must avoid relegation at all costs come what may BEFORE we can think of climbing the table.

We made that mistake in 2010/11 when we failed to consolidate and look what happened ?

Last season we failed to aim for 17th place and ruddy well ended up missing out by ten points are more.

This season it has to be avoiding relegation. Only when it is mathematically impossible to be relegated should we think of trying to gain points to climb the table.

So we cannot even think of putting the Murphys in the squad. What do they know of relegation battles ? They probably think that if you win or draw you have a good chance of getting nearer or even going past the teams above you. Well, it doesn''t work that way as many on here will tell you.

How many who have posted on this thread have seen the Murphys play? I haven''t and therefore don''t feel qualified to make a call like this. Hughton, however has and will decide whether this is a gamble worth taking.

By the way, avoiding relegation and climbing the table are not mutually incompatible. Every team from 11th place down will be aiming to finish as far up the table as possible, of course they will but the first milepost is reaching a situation where there is very little or no chance of being relegated. We are not there yet, very nearly but not quite. So Hughton will now need to decide whether a radical change in personnel gives us the best chance of reaching that milepost.