Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

A win against Sunderland to make us safe & push them to the brink

After playing us their games are:Man U (h)Chelsea (a)Newcastle (a)Everton (h)Villa (a)Stoke (h)Southampton (h)Spurs (a)A win against them would be absolutely massive for various reasons. It would all but confirm our own safety. I''d expect it to cause their fans great concern too with those games coming up after playing us. They''re the team I most fancy to be dragged right into the battle from the teams around us at present. I also feel West Ham could get sucked into it with their remaining fixtures.

I am sorry and do not want to sound as some of the pure pessimists on this forum, but after saturday I just can''t see us scoring a goal... We were the home side and only got about three shots on goal... How do you see us beat Sunderland on their home patch, knowing they need a win?

All aside, I hope you are right!!!

I didn''t see their game at the weekend, but I understand from reports that Sunderland were dire. With both teams struggling for form and goals, this weekend''s match could be the worst game of the season (he says, hoping for a reverse hex).

Obviously I want us to win but going on current form we will once again ruin a potentially good game of football and struggle for a draw... possibly even losing out and being thrown head first into the mix. I said the same about us ruining the last game and boy was i right.

A Norwich win is improbable, but not impossible. Sunderland supporters will be nervous as they will be desperate to win and will know that Norwich are capable of getting away draws which would be a disaster for them. All that said i will go for a Sunderland win by 2 or 3 goals i would love to be proved wrong. Our survival will probably be as a result of our home form but an away win somewhere would not surprise me just when and where is impossible to say

They have 1 point from their last 5 games and have kept 2 clean sheets since the turn of the year. Let''s hope we can get an early goal and sneak a win

Our only chance is to score first and defend heavily - it seems to be our only game plan

I do hope you''re all correct - we''ve played Newcastle, Fulham and Soton, each of which were arguably struggling for form, but failed to capitalise.

The best we can hope for is a 0-0 but, as will no doubt be pointed out, a few more 0-0s and we''ve another year of PL football to look forward to. That''s job done then.