Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Chris Hughton feels Norwich City had the edge against Southampton

Where in the article does it actually say that? I''ll tell you; it doesn''t.

Read beyond the headline and digest the actual comments and you will see that is not said whatsoever.

''Having the edge'' and ''could have edged it at the end'' are two completely different meanings! Can you no read?!

Why read an article when you can jump on a headline, accept it unquestioning and use it to have a go at Hughton and the club?

Where''s the fun in that? Play it right and you can even get Wiz to comment and support your spurious and unfair contention.

I agree the headline was misleading

Maybe the edge is extremely blunt and rounded off

i''m fed up of every team we play being described like thisby Hughton.... "We came up against a very good (insert name) team today" He seems to think every team we play is a good team. One thing we certainly are not is a good team. We are decidedly average at best hidden by the fact there are 4-5 other decidedly average teams worse off than us.

take a look at the attached and see just who is in 7th place...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/top-ten/120905/revealed-europes-biggest-spending-clubs-summer-transfer-window-180254

Southampton average? Do me a favour.

There are no ''average'' teams in the PL they are all there for a reason and that''s because there are no poor teams in that league.

What the PL most certainly is, is one bloody tough league with the most sternest test of every team week in week out.

Anything below 100% and your team can give the false sense that they may be average, but no way is that true otherwise they wouldn''t be there in the first place.

Certainly a team does not earn 33 PL points in 29 games if they are average.

The word ''Southampton'' might be as fashionable to outsiders as the word ''Norwich'', but reality is that you have to look through a name and actually see what''s behind their success and makes them tick before you can make wild accusations that a PL team is ''average''.

Norwich did not play well on Saturday, but let''s be honest, we were not playing Rotherham Utd here. We were not even playing Cardiff City. We were playing a thoroughly decent team who spent £33m last summer. Say what you want, but that ain''t average!!!!

We did play a decent team on Saturday, that I''m not disputing. What I think is clear, to those of us who actuallty went to the game, was that Southampton were far more inventive than us and could easily have won by a comfortable margin. The idea that the game was evenly balanced is a joke. Yes, we could have nicked it at the death with an undeserved penalty. The tubby tyrefitter blew the chance of a thoroughly unjust victory - perhaps he missed on purpose because his conscience wouldn''t let him score after such a poor personal performance.